The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New, but not new guy

DoughDave87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Long intro ahead...

I used to be a member here years ago (maybe 2009 or so). I forgot my username and it had been a long time, so I decided on a fresh start. I didn't post too much, but more than I have been since I joined up with this name.

This place has given me lots of knowledge over the years (which I have wasted not taking action and all kinds of other reasons). My mind bounces around a lot and I have issues focusing on one thing. With all the ways to "make it" here, it can be a blessing and a curse to pick one thing to focus on and go to that. This place has also given me a great mindset. I always seem to think differently after I have been reading around for a bit. Sadly, I always come back and read all this great stuff, then for one reason or another I go back into the traditional job role and I leave for a long time. Every time I come back I always find something new or old that sparks me again. I been thinking a lot the past few months working the traditional job route all these years that I am built to do things on my own. I didn't work for awhile and still made money hustling things (some not to be proud of) and ran my own business that failed. The thing that has gotten me recently is I have a girlfriend that I have had over a year who lives in another country. I keep visiting her, but I wanna move there to be with her. Part of me wants to go and get a traditional job again, but then I think about the fact if I do that I wont be able to go see her really as I can't just request time off work every month or 2 and go. That leads me into thinking more that I want to get a job working for myself that I can do from anywhere using a laptop, so I can go see her for however long I want to and still be making money (either passively or not). Then I can focus more on learning the main language of her country and getting more money. So, now I have more of a reason than I had years ago for doing this. Besides general knowledge and mindset things, the things that grabbed me most was Forex trading (which I gave up on from fears because of others saying how many traders fail) and copywriting (fear of not being a good enough writer or just skilled at writing good copy in general). I realize there is a common thread of those 2 of fear, but I don't know how to push above those and go for it.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hey'.... again. Hope this will be the last time and I stick with this sometime and don't run back to work like everyone else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Long intro ahead...

I used to be a member here years ago (maybe 2009 or so). I forgot my username and it had been a long time, so I decided on a fresh start. I didn't post too much, but more than I have been since I joined up with this name.

This place has given me lots of knowledge over the years (which I have wasted not taking action and all kinds of other reasons). My mind bounces around a lot and I have issues focusing on one thing. With all the ways to "make it" here, it can be a blessing and a curse to pick one thing to focus on and go to that. This place has also given me a great mindset. I always seem to think differently after I have been reading around for a bit. Sadly, I always come back and read all this great stuff, then for one reason or another I go back into the traditional job role and I leave for a long time. Every time I come back I always find something new or old that sparks me again. I been thinking a lot the past few months working the traditional job route all these years that I am built to do things on my own. I didn't work for awhile and still made money hustling things (some not to be proud of) and ran my own business that failed. The thing that has gotten me recently is I have a girlfriend that I have had over a year who lives in another country. I keep visiting her, but I wanna move there to be with her. Part of me wants to go and get a traditional job again, but then I think about the fact if I do that I wont be able to go see her really as I can't just request time off work every month or 2 and go. That leads me into thinking more that I want to get a job working for myself that I can do from anywhere using a laptop, so I can go see her for however long I want to and still be making money (either passively or not). Then I can focus more on learning the main language of her country and getting more money. So, now I have more of a reason than I had years ago for doing this. Besides general knowledge and mindset things, the things that grabbed me most was Forex trading (which I gave up on from fears because of others saying how many traders fail) and copywriting (fear of not being a good enough writer or just skilled at writing good copy in general). I realize there is a common thread of those 2 of fear, but I don't know how to push above those and go for it.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hey'.... again. Hope this will be the last time and I stick with this sometime and don't run back to work like everyone else.
Think about this...

When you created your new forum account I was testing and prototyping a product. Two months later I finally launched my new business. I'm now a year and a half in and am doing well/growing. Selling my product online and worldwide via retailers.

Dont embrace mediocrity for another year and a half. Get started now.

DoughDave87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Thanks. Now, I just need to pick one thing to focus on 100% and put my work into that, instead of bouncing from one idea to the other. Staying around the forum will help me stay in the right mindset and help me to not just stop again and go back to regular jobs. Gotta keep active here again

Vanessa Aranda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 7, 2015
Brazil
It´s good to work with a laptop and nothing else. Being your own boss is really good! Of course you must work harder and your business depends only on you, but that makes you can do great things! I gave up working as an employe more than a year... and I had to put so much effort and had to learn a lot to get where I am now...of course I had hard time, but now, when I look back I don´t regret a bit. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%