The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Houston we have a problem...

D

DeletedUser2

I have received alot of value from this forum.

the outside I respond to when a good headline comes up.
the Inside I post to when I want to leave a trail of bread crumbs.

I like the IDEA of a sub forum, however, many top guys have already branched off and started various Skype groups with direct connections to those who are most like them.

If you have to many forums, your going run the risk of getting an ivory tower mentality going on, where fewer of the top guys post to the outside. the forums growth is part of its success, and is suffering a bit from its own success. not a bad problem. just one to solve.

there are idiots everywhere. some are direct thief's, some become competition just because there are that many people on the planet.

so what happens where there are that many more people in the subforum? will it split again? at what point does the splitting stop? when its 2 people?

what should be the barrier to entry? a real business? an interview? more money? posts? speed? I have met some quality people who have low speed because they have not been her that long.
Met others with high speed and say? WTF? because they post like mad men.

I think the mods on the forum, and the owner, MJ have done a great job. its tough to carve out the needs of the forum, from the kinda wanna's. the cool to have's and the bells and whistles that sound good, but add no REAL value. I think they have done a great job to keep the bloat down, and the forum from being overrun.

to many subforums just distills the data, and interactions down to its essence, but would become overwhelming to a new user. asking the crowd TOO much, and you end up with 1000 little voices crying for different things. I dont know if the market knows what it wants.

I like simple.

subcatory for topics.

paid version for no ads, or exclusive content (INSIDERS calls)

The rest is up to the group to create.

Z

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
Invite only sounds like a good idea!

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
The INSIDE was supposed to be an intimate gathering and now it is 500 strong of mostly those who do not post.

I've read a couple things here and there that almost make me feel guilty about joining the INSIDERS. I joined the INSIDERS because I figured it was for people who are serious. And although I don't provide much value yet, and I'm without a doubt a noob, I AM serious and want to learn as much as possible and of course teach others as well. But, you have to learn the ropes for yourself before you can help others.

While I myself would never steal anyone's ideas simply for ethical reasons, I understand that there are unfortunately people who would and so I completely understand the concern of more valuable members not wanting to contribute and not wanting the INSIDERS section to get too crowded and what not. I joined the inside knowing that I probably wouldn't provide much value, but I also respect the forum and planned on just observing for the most part and not cluttering the inside up with nooby threads.

Anyways, I guess I just want to know if it would be better if I don't re-join the inside like I planned on doing after my subscription runs out and just stick to the outside until I can provide more value? I'm not asking this in a "oh poor me i provide no value feel bad for me" kind of way.. I'm genuinely concerned that people of my "entrepreneur/business knowledge level" are not really wanted in the inside. I don't take offense or anything if that's the case, but like I said, I respect the forum and the people on it and I have no desire to be a nuisance to anyone here.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
When "inspiration" threads, entertainment threads and feel-good "popular wisdom" threads garner the most love from the membership instead of specific advice to a question, people with experience will tend not to be too active.

When it comes to stealing - well it's human nature and no one should be surprised, happens between "friends" all the time as well, not only long-distance through forums and other means of communication.

Giving advice to someone who has PROVEN to be in the business for some time and not your competitor is perfectly fine, giving specific advice to someone just thinking of starting out will most of the time result in creating a direct competitor.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I've read a couple things here and there that almost make me feel guilty about joining the INSIDERS. I joined the INSIDERS because I figured it was for people who are serious. And although I don't provide much value yet, and I'm without a doubt a noob, I AM serious and want to learn as much as possible and of course teach others as well. But, you have to learn the ropes for yourself before you can help others.

While I myself would never steal anyone's ideas simply for ethical reasons, I understand that there are unfortunately people who would and so I completely understand the concern of more valuable members not wanting to contribute and not wanting the INSIDERS section to get too crowded and what not. I joined the inside knowing that I probably wouldn't provide much value, but I also respect the forum and planned on just observing for the most part and not cluttering the inside up with nooby threads.

Anyways, I guess I just want to know if it would be better if I don't re-join the inside like I planned on doing after my subscription runs out and just stick to the outside until I can provide more value? I'm not asking this in a "oh poor me i provide no value feel bad for me" kind of way.. I'm genuinely concerned that people of my "entrepreneur/business knowledge level" are not really wanted in the inside. I don't take offense or anything if that's the case, but like I said, I respect the forum and the people on it and I have no desire to be a nuisance to anyone here.
What? That's silly. If you're concerned about being a nuisance, post less. You haven't come up on my nuisance screen. Being the inside should help you to gain the knowledge to be of more value later. If you're getting value for you $$ stay. I really doubt that MJ is looking at the lurker list for people to kick out.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
What? That's silly. If you're concerned about being a nuisance, post less. You haven't come up on my nuisance screen. Being the inside should help you to gain the knowledge to be of more value later. If you're getting value for you $$ stay. I really doubt that MJ is looking at the lurker list for people to kick out.
Lol, I guess it may be silly but I am just saying from reading a few different posts (would quote them but have no idea what threads they were in) I got the impression that noobs weren't really wanted in the Inside. But I may just be paranoid. Thanks for your input and hopefully more of the INSIDERS feel the same as you.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I got this PM the other day from a guy who has been on the forum for just a few weeks. Just par for the course.

Basically I want to get into the same business. Can you tell me what it's about? I know you've said that there are already people doing it on this forum, and that you are not reinventing the wheel but I just can't tell what you are doing and I really really want to know.

Please don't flame me or start thinking of me as an idiot for wanting the easy way. I am interested in the idea, because maybe I can make it better or find a twitch.

I told him I made/imported and sold wood arrows and we wholesale them to archery stores. He never PMed me back thanking me for telling him.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Lol, I guess it may be silly but I am just saying from reading a few different posts (would quote them but have no idea what threads they were in) I got the impression that noobs weren't really wanted in the Inside. But I may just be paranoid. Thanks for your input and hopefully more of the INSIDERS feel the same as you.

The leaders here that I spoken with don't mind the new folks. They mind the new folks that speak when they should be listening. Type when they should be reading? Most are pretty hardcore about time wasters too. Don't be paranoid. You'll be just fine.

G

Guest3722A

there are too many idiots posting garbage advice
I think a garbage advice determinant would be an exceptional addition of value to the inside. Not necessarily negative speed, but a disagree/b.s. button of sorts. And then perhaps give the poster an opportunity to defend and back up a statement with personally experienced facts. But that's a different topic all together.

Or is it? Maybe a solution could be found in a b.s. button?

There needs to be a qualifying process for people to even have the opportunity to get into the INSIDE, and it shouldn't have to do with money at all
I agree, as I look at this site as a place for people to learn how to build wealth, so the elephant in the room is obvious when referring to an increased cost.

An automated questionnaire perhaps, for those with low speed, with maybe a couple hundred pain in the a$$, (additional) barrier to entry questions that attempts to discover a person's ability to be truthful, and/or determines if integrity is in there somewhere. Again, something "automated" that has the ability to operate independently, and check itself. Those who don't pass will be able to come back and try again at a later time. These testing systems are not something new.

A problem I have with speed though, and now I'm going off on a tangent but I think it deserves to be said, is I have seen quite a few "idiots" come on the site and get speeded by people who SHOULDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO SPEED OTHERS just yet. So the site does have plenty of obvious growing pains.

But what I really, really, really like, is the fact that I got to witness MJ years ago discuss here amongst the original group of friends of how to build an internet presence into something of great value, and we all get to witness this.

...and this is amazing

just my .02

Vote4cake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 28, 2013
Arlington, VA
Unbelievable
I can't believe that some people would copy and actually claim it as their own. Are people that foolish? Don't they realize how easy it is in this day of age to expose plagiarism? I will never comprehend their shallow mindedness.
and that other kiddo that took information & competed and went against his mentor... L? Are you kiddin' me? If I had a mentor, the last thing I'd do is piss him/her away.
Anyway, thanks for addressing this issue and trying to combat it, cause others like myself don't want unethical people to be running wild and all over the place.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I agree !

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
So several months ago I was approached by a guy who wanted to be mentored in the business of self-publishing. He wanted to write his own book and create his own "Fastlane" via authorship. So I agreed as this guy seemed pretty cool.

Over the course of the next few months, I told this guy all the ins-and-outs of the self-publishing business and how it is different from print-on-demand (CreateSpace, Lulu, iUnverse,etc.) and how it is also different from getting signed from a publishing house, which is the old school way.

I told this guy my "secrets" for creating a great little publishing business, from merchant accounts, to store creation, to distribution channel secrets that took me years to learn.

I even told this guy who my trusted printer was so he could get the great pricing on his book, and done in a quality fashion. All of this allowed him to create the backbone for a nice business which will give him the chance to maximize his margins, and yes, possibly create him his Fastlane.

So after months of mentorship this guy disappears.

When he finally resurfaces, he tells me that he's finally finished his book and he wants to get feedback from me.

He sends me a link to the Amazon listing.

It's a book about finance and entrepreneurship.

It's title?

The Billionaire Fastlane.

Now after this discovery, I'm livid.

And you should be too.

If you're not incensed at this type of betrayal, please do me a favor and LEAVE THIS FORUM AND NEVER RETURN.

We don't want you here.

The Fastlane Forum isn't just about business and entrepreneurship, its also about MORALS, ETHICS and INTEGRITY.

Apparently some people have taken the liberty with the phrase that "Ideas are worthless, but execution is everything."

Yes, that's true -- but it doesn't give you a license to COPY someone else's ideas, someone else's work, someone else's niche, and someone else's secrets and use that help AGAINST THEM, to their detriment.

Get this in your F*ckING HEAD: The advice that is given on this forum from our most prized contributors is given with the assumption that you will use it in your own NEW venture, started 100% from scratch, and NOT in direct competition of the person who gave you that advice.

Visiting the contributor's website and COPYING his images and text is BULLSHIT.
Using your "mentor's" advice to directly compete with your "mentor" is BULLSHIT.
Calling your "mentor's" suppliers and buying shit that your mentor sells, is BULLSHIT.

While my above story with respect to self-publishing isn't true, its happened on multiple occasions, the most recent HERE, where someone thought it was OK to take advice from a forum member to the detriment of his own business.

And on another occasion, one user thought it was OK to literally copy a site with the same structure and images, and play it off as his own. This guy was so F*cking lazy that he didn't even bother to change the links to the stolen site. If you clicked the "Talk to me" button, it linked to the stolen website.

If you think this type of behavior is OK, get F*cking lost. While these actions might not be illegal, its a gross violation of ethics, integrity, and of the Fastlane code. It doesn't make you a "Fastlaner", it makes you a F*cking lazy poser and a F*cking money chasing Sidewalker.

And to make matters worse, these people, when called-out, justify their actions.

"I have two kids to take care of"

Cry me a F*cking river you whiny bastard.

I'm not sure what pisses me off more, the fact that you think its OK to steal text, graphics, and someone's niche, or the fact that you have TWO KIDS who will surely be taught the same piss-poor morals and integrity that you have.

This behavior has already had serious repercussions here at the Forum.

Vigilante's great educative thread "Passive Income Deposits" which boasts over 60,000 views and has birthed many new ventures, has been removed from the public forum and placed on the INSIDE.

Other great threads of value are sure to follow.

Some of our most valued contributors, NO LONGER want to contribute, at least publicly where the TAKERS (and thieves) outnumber the GIVERS.

So with that said, and as the title states, HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

As for the solution, I'm not quite sure what that is yet ... and I'm sure whatever it is, people won't like it. I've already lofted the idea of shutting this place down. My time is valuable as are the people who make efforts to contribute here. As with life and in society in general, this is a great example on how the idiots that make-up 1% of the world ruin it for the responsible 99%.

When the "quality threads" start to disappear (either deleted or moved to the inside) don't blame me, blame the lazy savages who troll these forums looking to steal other people's hard work.

Oh MJ said ideas are worthless! Why does it matter?
I have two kids!
I haven't sold any copies of The Billionaire Fastlane yet, why care?

Enjoy the forum while you have it as it's future existence and operational style is now considered undetermined.

To end this, let me apologize for the vile language. This topic is very sensitive to me and boils my passions.
I've had these kinds of thefts happen to me on several occasions -- my anger isn't the idea of facing a new competitor, its the idea that someone stole my own hard work and ingenuity and used it against me. Then gas is thrown onto the rage when the person justifies their actions with some lame a$$ excuse or proverb.

I'd rather have a small forum of 1000 great individuals, rather than a large forum teeming with thieves.

Thanks for reading.

Exactly why my mentor was saying that people are SO hesitant to give any kind of advice/knowledge these days.

The story above is just COLD. I know we all want to make money but at the expense of integrity and trust, y'really do wonder.

There are only a handful of people that I actually take seriously here. Most people come and camp out for the fun and yes, steal other people's ideas. You can see how much contribution someone provides by their $$.

Forum, however is a brilliant invention and I'd be happy to pay if it decides to move!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I think just making this a paid only club.....even if its just 5 bucks a month will weed out a lot of the vermin. This is the same problem with Craigslist. As soon as they start charging a small fee to post in the jobs section, the little scammer F*cksticks disappear. MJ, I say make it paid only.....and feel free to bump it up to 10 bucks....20 bucks a month.....100 bucks a year, or somewhere in that realm. At least then I know I will be surrounded by other forum members who arent scared to drop some of their cash to learn something. I suspect that 99% of these guys that post "please give me an idea so i can become a millionaire" will probably disappear.

Sorry man......your book and forum have been life-changing for me.

Little scammer F*cksticks. HAHA! GOLD!

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
copied from register form
''This is a PRIVATE forum with open access. All registrations must be reviewed and approved. In 1 or 2 sentences, please tell us why you have to decided to join our community.''

This is the form when you register for fast lane forum. I suggest requiring more than a few sentences.
If you want high quality posts, you want someone who understands how to speak words. Ask the registers to provide a article instead. Something that has meaning, a story on WHY they want to register, what they expect to find, and contribute. How they found the fast-lane forums. Have they read the book?
What have they done with their life? List a sale you made, or something you built. How have you failed/succeeded?
Those who are there to get free money and act like general shitbags will post slowlane propaganda about making it rich and wanting the bling boy life
Those get deleted.

Tier 1
Accepted registrants get moved to a sub-forum where its them, and a mod. let all the new registrants sit here for a day, see how they respond. If there's not enough registrants let them into the forum, assign them a badge marking them as new. Guaranteed, those without worth will complain about it. Ban or approve as necessary.

Tier 2
After awhile of checking post quality, and speed points remove the badge. Treat as a forum member. Simply use the rep bank for moderation.

Tier 3
Only allow people who have hit this mark to access the inside.

just my $0.02

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
copied from register form
''This is a PRIVATE forum with open access. All registrations must be reviewed and approved. In 1 or 2 sentences, please tell us why you have to decided to join our community.''

This is the form when you register for fast lane forum. I suggest requiring more than a few sentences.
If you want high quality posts, you want someone who understands how to speak words. Ask the registers to provide a article instead. Something that has meaning, a story on WHY they want to register, what they expect to find, and contribute. How they found the fast-lane forums. Have they read the book?
What have they done with their life? List a sale you made, or something you built. How have you failed/succeeded?
Those who are there to get free money and act like general shitbags will post slowlane propaganda about making it rich and wanting the bling boy life
Those get deleted.

Tier 1
Accepted registrants get moved to a sub-forum where its them, and a mod. let all the new registrants sit here for a day, see how they respond. If there's not enough registrants let them into the forum, assign them a badge marking them as new. Guaranteed, those without worth will complain about it. Ban or approve as necessary.

Tier 2
After awhile of checking post quality, and speed points remove the badge. Treat as a forum member. Simply use the rep bank for moderation.

Tier 3
Only allow people who have hit this mark to access the inside.

just my $0.02
Lol. You must have cojones of steel for posting this after also posting the most ridiculous thread in recent forum history here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/who-made-money-now.62855/

Last edited by a moderator:

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Very interesting to see the thought process behind the current Speedway and INSIDERS upgrades.

I have a totally unique, absolutely unprecedented book idea, with a brand new car analogy about financial mistakes. Can you please tell me exactly what I need to do to make it a best-seller?
hundredaire.jpg

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
No wonder a lot of successful entrepreneurs are reticent to the idea of mentoring...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.