The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it possible for foreigners to raise seed money from USA-Investors?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Maria Lucero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 4, 2015
Hello,
What a lovely community this is and thank you for allowing me to participate.

My current goal is to turn my newly launched web application into the largest resource of free events & activities in New York. I am already 20% towards that goal and once the website has become the largest free event website in New York, I aim to raise seed money from Investors and tackle the next goal of becoming the largest resource of free events in the United States, then globally.

Everything is based in the United States such as the website, the users, the data, future staff, future partners, and currency would be USD. But here's the problem: I personally live outside of the United States.

My current thought is to partner up with two USA-based experts such as a CFO & CMO. This brings local talent and knowledge into the team and allows a presence in San Francisco whereby the CFO & CMO will be able to pitch the project to seed investors without requiring me to physically be there.

The big question: Would USA-investors feel comfortable investing in a company where the founder is not based in America?

Any advice genuinely appreciated.
Thank you, Maria

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
once the website has become the largest free event website in New York, I aim to raise seed money from Investors and tackle the next goal of becoming the largest resource of free events in the United States, then globally.
Whats your business model?

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.