The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone in Alberta - Matermind/Meetup...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Is there many people here living or based out of Alberta?

I am in Edmonton myself but I travel around the province a lot so I would be able to meet up with people living in different cities. If anyone is interested in meeting up or forming a Skype (or similar) mastermind group let me know. Would be great to have some like minded individuals to talk to once a week or meet up with occasionally.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

<----Calgary

I know there's at least half a dozen of us here.

If you're ever around, let me know. I don't use skype. :)

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
<----Calgary

I know there's at least half a dozen of us here.

If you're ever around, let me know. I don't use skype. :)

Man, I didn't know you were in Calgary lol. I thought you were in Ottawa for some reason.

I'm in if we set the meet before November. I'm in Calgary from now until Oct 31st.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Cool. I am looking to move to Banff either on the first of November or December. If so I will be in Calgary a lot more often.
Hopefully I can meet up with ye guys in the near future.

D

DeletedUser394

Man, I didn't know you were in Calgary lol. I thought you were in Ottawa for some reason.

I'm in if we set the meet before November. I'm in Calgary from now until Oct 31st.

I'm downtown, where are you?

PM me yo digits!

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
@Fox @GrumpyCat

I was thinking about moving next spring/summer and Calgary or Edmonton were on the list of possible choices. Are winters colder than in Quebec? Is it hard to find a job?

D

DeletedUser394

@Fox @GrumpyCat

I was thinking about moving next spring/summer and Calgary or Edmonton were on the list of possible choices. Are winters colder than in Quebec? Is it hard to find a job?

Job market is horrible now. Oil prices are terrible. Everyone is losing their jobs. I'm talking 1000's, 10s of thousands if you include the job losses from the beginning of the year.

If you just want a service job, those are always available, but Oil and Gas, office jobs, etc is shit right now.

Winters are definitely not colder. (lived in montreal 18 years). But the weather is erratic. One day could be 25c, the next day -5c, etc.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Job market is horrible now. Oil prices are terrible. Everyone is losing their jobs. I'm talking 1000's, 10s of thousands if you include the job losses from the beginning of the year.

If you just want a service job, those are always available, but Oil and Gas, office jobs, etc is shit right now.

I'm in IT. I am having trouble finding a job here in QC City.

Winters are definitely not colder. (lived in montreal 18 years). But the weather is erratic. One day could be 25c, the next day -5c, etc.

It's erratic here too. But what I hate the most is the cold! Last winter it was between -30 and -40 for like month and a half! I had to break the ice around the wheels with a crowbar every f***ing morning :rage:

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I'm in IT. I am having trouble finding a job here in QC City.

It's erratic here too. But what I hate the most is the cold! Last winter it was between -30 and -40 for like month and a half! I had to break the ice around the wheels with a crowbar every f***ing morning :rage:
Welcome to Canada :) I lived in New Brunswick last winter...that was a brutal experience.

Are you looking for full time or contract work? What do you specialize in?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Andrewski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 21, 2015
Canmore here. All my rental properties are in Calgary. Currently working on a condo downtown near stampede park!

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to Canada :) I lived in New Brunswick last winter...that was a brutal experience.

Are you looking for full time or contract work? What do you specialize in?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hahaha thanks :D

I'm looking for full time. I am a programmer (especially Java).

D

DeletedUser394

No, it's not really the same. We have something called a Chinook wind which is unique to the area.

Anyway, if you want to visit and check things out, I have a spare bedroom you can probably use.

Canmore here. All my rental properties are in Calgary. Currently working on a condo downtown near stampede park!

Nice! There's some nice buildings around there. Arriva Tower? Or closer to the ones with the TD bank at the base?

I have a fairly open schedule if you ever want to meet up.

Andrewski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 21, 2015
No, it's not really the same. We have something called a Chinook wind which is unique to the area.

Anyway, if you want to visit and check things out, I have a spare bedroom you can probably use.

Nice! There's some nice buildings around there. Arriva Tower? Or closer to the ones with the TD bank at the base?

I have a fairly open schedule if you ever want to meet up.
It's an old building from the 70's. Just made a offer on it yesterday, going to be a fix and flip. I'm young like you, 24, so would be cool to meet someone my age with a similar mind set! I'm really busy with slow lane working 50-60 hour weeks but next time I'm in calgary with free time I'll message you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Got anything to rent in Canmore or in Banff? Lookinf for a place for myself and one other person.

Andrewski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 21, 2015
Got anything to rent in Canmore or in Banff? Lookinf for a place for myself and one other person.
Nah I rent a room here lol. Everything is priced so high and the rents aren't high enough to make money. Calgary is a great spot for rentals though. If you have enough cash for a property to get started, pretty sure it was the city with the lowest vacancy rate for 2014.

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
Hey I'm downtown too, 4th st and 23rd ave, pm'ing you guyses

D

DeletedUser394

Hey I'm downtown too, 4th st and 23rd ave, pm'ing you guyses

Yo, you lied to me. you told me you were on 22nd. :(

Anyway, tomorrow night you want to grab a bite and catch the flames game somewhere with me and @ddzc ?

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
Yo, you lied to me. you told me you were on 22nd. :(

Anyway, tomorrow night you want to grab a bite and catch the flames game somewhere with me and @ddzc ?

You're right it is 22nd lol

Ya let me know where to meet you guys

D

DeletedUser394

Conoco is laying off 500 people today/tomorrow morning.

Cenovus is laying off 400 people this week.

Turner

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
Hey all. I'm also located in Calgary (Spruce Meadows - bring your passport deep south) and am interested in attending any meetups. Weekends work better for me.

- Ryan

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I find it humorous that I found this thread AFTER I attended a meetup with these guys, haha. Classic Kramer

tekcraze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 21, 2011
Canada
I'm in Calgary...pretty busy with a growing business and young kids but I'd be interested in meeting up. I'm deep SE (Stoney Trail S/Deerfoot)
I dont spend much time on the forum these days but should get notifications in this thread or via PM.

TooSlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 30, 2015
Edmonton, Canada
I'm in Edmonton. IT work seems to be stable, but a comfy, safe, slowlane job is what I'm trying to get away from here!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I am permanently moving from Edmonton to the Banff/Lake Louise region next week.
Anyone who wants to come meet up over the winter (snowboarding/coffee/hike etc) get in touch.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am always up for hiking and skiing. I prefer to do both on week days when its not busy as heck. If that ever works for you let me know!

I believe it was Mt. Norquay, last year they had $2 lift passes the 3rd Wednesday of every month.

Turner

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
Hey guys, I havent checked in on the forums in awhile and noticed that Ryan/IceCreamKid's account seems to have been deleted? Can someone fill me in? (The other Ryan).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.