The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Straight Sale Model, Trial/Rebill or Both?

Marketing, social media, advertising

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
Hey guys, I have been running my supplement company for the last 18 months. Things are going well but I really want to grow off of Amazon. I am planning to tweak the formula on one of my popular products and create a new brand around it with a dedicated landing page. As I get more into the process my main concern is surrounding the sales model to follow. I know the free trial followed by rebill method is popular, but I am concerned about the problems surrounding it including chargebacks and an unknown stick rate or lifetime customer value. I would need to front a substantial amount of money in hopes that customers continue to order for at least a couple of months. Do you guys recommend starting out with just a landing page>straight sale model or go for the landing page>trial>rebill model possibly with a straight sale option? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest12120

I am working on taking my supplement business outside of Amazon as well. I was considering creating a new product and selling it on the dedicated landing page. However, decided against it at this point. I think it will make more sense to sell my current products in my ecommerce store. I have 15 products right now. I am going with Shopify as a platform with plugins for subscriptions, up sells and volume discounts.
I'm having a hard time getting a credit card processing service as I got already rejected by Shopify Payments, Stripe, Pay Pal Payments Pro, Braintree and one company that works with Authorize.net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
I am working on taking my supplement business outside of Amazon as well. I was considering creating a new product and selling it on the dedicated landing page. However, decided against it at this point. I think it will make more sense to sell my current products in my ecommerce store. I have 15 products right now. I am going with Shopify as a platform with plugins for subscriptions, up sells and volume discounts.
I'm having a hard time getting a credit card processing service as I got already rejected by Shopify Payments, Stripe, Pay Pal Payments Pro, Braintree and one company that works with Authorize.net.

What kind of supplements are you selling? I have a shopify store and was approved by Braintree very quickly.

G

Guest12120

All kinds from vitamins through cleansers to only for women products

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.