The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Wow, this does make a difference. We just switched our bot from hashtags to big pages and hourly follower rate just went up about 7X.
What do you do exactly when you target big pages. Do you use their name in the hashtag?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
What do you do exactly when you target big pages. Do you use their name in the hashtag?
Liking photos of accounts that follow big pages.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

I don't understand why I would do something with hashtags. It's pretty simple.

Find a big account.

Tell the bot to follow people who have liked the big account.

Tell bot to like pics of people who followed the big account.

The only time that we use hashtags is when we are posting a pic to the account.

I'm not getting crazy results like JimD, but right now I don't even care about that. Just don't make it any harder than it needs to be.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I don't understand why I would do something with hashtags. It's pretty simple.

Find a big account.

Tell the bot to follow people who have liked the big account.

Tell bot to like pics of people who followed the big account.

The only time that we use hashtags is when we are posting a pic to the account.

I'm not getting crazy results like JimD, but right now I don't even care about that. Just don't make it any harder than it needs to be.
Alright, thanks for the explanation both you and @AllenCrawley I just needed that clarified.

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
Good stuff here.

Thank you very much for all the information.

One thing I did not find answered is how often do you (OP) post new content? 5-10 posts daily?

What about copyright issues for the content you post?

And considering your numbers, you make around 250$ per account per month?

Last edited:

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
One thing I did not find answered is how often do you (OP) post new content? 5-10 posts daily?

What about copyright issues for the content you post?

And considering your numbers, you make around 250$ per account per month?

I post about every 4 hours per account.

Already answered this.

Not all accounts make money(mostly concerning new/low accounts), and some accounts more so than others.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Where do you get your new content to post?

I scrape from other pages and internet pages. If I don't tag the content creator on the pic then I usually put in my bio that the content is not mine, and if you would like it taken down, to DM or email me.

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
I post about every 4 hours per account.
Already answered this.
Not all accounts make money(mostly concerning new/low accounts), and some accounts more so than others.

Thank you for you answers.

How often do you start new accounts?

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I was looking into Follow Liker, and I see that your computer must be on all the time to run it constantly. I guess the software you use is similar? Or is it cloud based? If it is software like FollowLiker, how do you go about keeping your PC on? Do you Use VPS for that?

Last edited:

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Note to people interested in followliker:

This thing has stopped working for me twice now and I've had it for less than a week. It refuses to start up. It may be many things, but reliable isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Seeko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 20, 2011
Guys. I'm loving this thread. I have it running with me on my laptop and I check on it every few hours. So far, I've gained 2 followers from it's liking, but that's from running it less than 24 hours. I'm going to get it running on my desktop when I get home and see how fast it eats through my data (Comcast)! Haha...

This is really valuable information and I appreciate it. I need to set aside some time and really fine tune my scraping and I'm sure I can get much better results.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Thank you.

I was looking into Follow Liker, and I see that your computer must be on all the time to run it constantly. I guess the software you use is similar? Or is it cloud based? If it is software like FollowLiker, how do you go about keeping your PC on? Do you Use VPS for that?

Is this really an issue? I have been doing online stuff for nearly 2 decades and I maybe turn my desktop off once every 3-4 months. My laptop goes to "sleep" more often, but I could keep it on 24/7 too if I didn't travel with it and made it a dedicated machine on my desk.

If keeping your desktop or laptop on is an issue, just buy a windows VPS from a company like powerup hosting.

Note to people interested in followliker:

This thing has stopped working for me twice now and I've had it for less than a week. It refuses to start up. It may be many things, but reliable isn't one of them.

I've had mine for 8 days and it runs like a champ. No issues what so ever.

I'd look into how you have it setup/what system you have it running on.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Instasave also works on iPhones, you can copy and paste the URL of videos on IG and Vine, save it to your camera roll, and post. Always credit the content owner in your caption.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
My wife noticed something interesting the other day. As I said in a previous post, we started liking & following the followers of big accounts and this increased our follower rate.

Then she started liking pics and following people who like content on big accounts (she did this manually to test). The theory is that these people are usually either more active or they were just active recently.

This caused our follower rate to 10X again. Is there a bot that will like and follow people who like content based on user or tags?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This caused our follower rate to 10X again. Is there a bot that will like and follow people who like content based on user or tags?

I think this is a good tactic as liking/following an account this is currently active is much more likely to see a response.

FollowLiker scraper setting can be set to gather users who liked, commented, tagged, are in a specific location, followed, follower and suggested users. If you couple that with setting your scrape to top results only and set your scrape user limit relatively low you should be able to get exactly what you require.

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
Is this really an issue? I have been doing online stuff for nearly 2 decades and I maybe turn my desktop off once every 3-4 months. My laptop goes to "sleep" more often, but I could keep it on 24/7 too if I didn't travel with it and made it a dedicated machine on my desk.

Yes, it is, if you dont have two computers. I have just one laptop, that I carry with me all day ( my business is not sitting in office all day long :/ ).

If keeping your desktop or laptop on is an issue, just buy a windows VPS from a company like powerup hosting.

I guess then this is the option to consider.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
I've had mine for 8 days and it runs like a champ. No issues what so ever.

I'd look into how you have it setup/what system you have it running on.

My set up is virtually non existent since it stopped working AGAIN. Yes, as I post this it has not started up. My PC can handle the requirements, easily. I shut it down because I wanted to shut off the PC and then when I turn it back on 5 hours later...

Really, all the things you can do and simply turning on can't be one of them? What a bad joke...how many times have I had to reinstall...

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
My set up is virtually non existent since it stopped working AGAIN. Yes, as I post this it has not started up. My PC can handle the requirements, easily. I shut it down because I wanted to shut off the PC and then when I turn it back on 5 hours later...

Really, all the things you can do and simply turning on can't be one of them? What a bad joke...how many times have I had to reinstall...

What OS are you using? Mine is stable as a rock with 3 copies running 24/7. Sometimes software just has compatibility issues. I've had software work on one PC but not another many times.

Might be worth trying to install it in a different location. Also opening a ticket: http://www.followliker.com/support.html

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
What OS are you using? Mine is stable as a rock with 3 copies running 24/7. Sometimes software just has compatibility issues. I've had software work on one PC but not another many times.

Might be worth trying to install it in a different location. Also opening a ticket: http://www.followliker.com/support.html

Windows ultimate. The problem comes down to shutting it off. There's this update that installs, then asks for followliker to restart to apply it. I do that, then it refuses to start. I opened a ticket yesterday, beyond asking for activity log and screenshots of wizard settings they couldn't help much, I would if the damn thing would turn on, or would they like a long list of nothing for activity and wizard settings when I show them the fresh reinstall?

They asked if it's on desktop or laptop...

I'm going to install it somewhere else and see what happens. This is beyond ridiculous.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
Windows ultimate. The problem comes down to shutting it off. There's this update that installs, then asks for followliker to restart to apply it. I do that, then it refuses to start. I opened a ticket yesterday, beyond asking for activity log and screenshots of wizard settings they couldn't help much, I would if the damn thing would turn on, or would they like a long list of nothing for activity and wizard settings when I show them the fresh reinstall?

They asked if it's on desktop or laptop...

I'm going to install it somewhere else and see what happens. This is beyond ridiculous.

I didn't read through all of this but may help....

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...puter-shutdown-while-followliker-running.html

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015

Hello, thank you all for your advice and support guys. This may be the single most absurd fix to a software problem ... I did as @eliquid said and put it on a laptop...it now works. The power went off in this dump of a town for 5 hours and my laptop froze twice ... Followliker still works normally.

Why? I've got no idea...and I consider myself tech savvy too.

A big thank you to @eliquid , @RazorCut , and @TJPB

Samrock

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 9, 2014
Hey just curious..Didn't Instagram just roll out advertising space like 7 days ago (September 30) for businesses to advertise on their platform? Do you have insight on how you got in early? Or am I talking about a totally different thing here?

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
Hey just curious..Didn't Instagram just roll out advertising space like 7 days ago (September 30) for businesses to advertise on their platform? Do you have insight on how you got in early? Or am I talking about a totally different thing here?

Totally different than what OP is doing.

That has more to do with something similar to Facebook ads. So you're actually paying for exposure.

With OP's methods, you create your own exposure through these bots that like pictures and do other actions you would otherwise do manually.

Hello, thank you all for your advice and support guys. This may be the single most absurd fix to a software problem ... I did as @eliquid said and put it on a laptop...it now works. The power went off in this dump of a town for 5 hours and my laptop froze twice ... Followliker still works normally.

Why? I've got no idea...and I consider myself tech savvy too.

A big thank you to @eliquid , @RazorCut , and @TJPB
Backup your main data files and delete all your other files related to FL. Reinstalling it after should do the trick. And their support is spot on.

Guys. Just getting FL wont make you an overnight success. Learn Instagram as a whole and observe how people interact with it. Think long term. By learning that and being authentic in your own voice within your niche, you build your own tribes of loyal fans who will be more likely to do business with you.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Backup your main data files and delete all your other files related to FL. Reinstalling it after should do the trick. And their support is spot on.

I've tried what it says in their guide. Even a clean install doesn't work on my desktop after the first time. Even on my laptop, the program freezes for some reason after 15-20 minutes

Is it possible to have this program on two computers? One on the laptop so my data is saved and one on the desktop so it actually runs without being frozen?

So I create a new account on the laptop, then actually run it on the desktop.

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
I've tried what it says in their guide. Even a clean install doesn't work on my desktop after the first time. Even on my laptop, the program freezes for some reason after 15-20 minutes

Is it possible to have this program on two computers? One on the laptop so my data is saved and one on the desktop so it actually runs without being frozen?

So I create a new account on the laptop, then actually run it on the desktop.

This thread's focus is more on OP's experience than a software troubleshoot.

Send FL a support ticket, they will help you more than we can about that. Here are some things to consider though: maybe your settings are too aggressive. So you are overloading your system.

And no, as far as I know, it's one license per computer. And if you want to move your stuff over, follow the steps as provided in the FL-FAQ doc. (check the email right after the receipt email)

Once you have it setup on a computer, extract the data as needed (I extract weekly from my VPS). I also update my lists as I go. Been using similar list liking method since February. Works wonders for my clients.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!