The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fantasy Football, 2015-2016 (Smacktalk starts pg 4)

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
The good doctor should have entertained trades for him, I'd give away something for a current #1 RB, despite the 2 outings. Wonder if #1 waiver, smoking baby (Team Holmes) is up for the grab.

I only joined last year so I've never actually seen a trade in this league, which seems rare for a league with active players. You'd think a league based around an Entrepreneur forum would actually have more trading.

I'm guessing the following reasons come into play-

1-Nobody wants to trade a guy coming off a big week as they want the ride to continue like that all season
2-People are reluctant to trade for a guy coming off a bad week/weeks/injury
3-If you've spent a high draft pick on someone who is now playing badly you tend to hold and hope
4-If you live drafted a player you probably liked them more than everyone else in the league and may still do
5-related to 4, people overvalue their own assets vs the market. I'm high on Karlos Williams long term, whereas he probably doesn't have too many other fans else I wouldn't have got him as a Free Agent last week.

I have one other main league and through week 2 we've had two trades already. Last week there was a 3 for 2 trade, this week someone with two decent tight tends and RB issues offloaded Jimmy Graham for Arian Foster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I only joined last year so I've never actually seen a trade in this league, which seems rare for a league with active players. You'd think a league based around an Entrepreneur forum would actually have more trading.

I'm guessing the following reasons come into play-

1-Nobody wants to trade a guy coming off a big week as they want the ride to continue like that all season
2-People are reluctant to trade for a guy coming off a bad week/weeks/injury
3-If you've spent a high draft pick on someone who is now playing badly you tend to hold and hope
4-If you live drafted a player you probably liked them more than everyone else in the league and may still do
5-related to 4, people overvalue their own assets vs the market. I'm high on Karlos Williams long term, whereas he probably doesn't have too many other fans else I wouldn't have got him as a Free Agent last week.

I have one other main league and through week 2 we've had two trades already. Last week there was a 3 for 2 trade, this week someone with two decent tight tends and RB issues offloaded Jimmy Graham for Arian Foster.

Two reasons:

1) Sunk Cost Fallacy

and

2) Endowment Effect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect

I love entertaining trades. Your offer was actually pretty good.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Two reasons:

1) Sunk Cost Fallacy

and

2) Endowment Effect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect

I love entertaining trades. Your offer was actually pretty good.
Yes unfortunately we don't quite match up as trade partners since you have better RB depth than most. I would say you have QB depth too but you may be going quantity over quality there.

I very nearly drafted Coleman which is why I tried to trade for him. Looked good in limited action so far.

I suspect a couple of my better RB assets are untradeable as I liked Matt Jones and David Johnson more than anyone else at the draft which is why they're on my team. While other people's estimations of them may have increased, so have mine obviously. They may be flash in the pans or they may continue to emerge and end up legitimate RB1s late in the season. I doubt I could garner anything with similar potential if I tried to trade them right now.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I suspect a couple of my better RB assets are untradeable as I liked Matt Jones and David Johnson ......may continue to emerge and end up legitimate RB1s late in the season.......

That really was the written equivalent of going Tonya Harding on their knees.

You're loving those Atlanta RBs MJ. Not quite so confident in your QB situation but I'm not in a strong position to critique there.

In terms of trading, if anyone needs a QB playing like a headless chicken, a wildly inconsistent running back or a wide receiver who doesn't know how to score touchdowns, just let me know.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
if anyone needs a QB playing like a headless chicken

I need one. I'm actually thinking about rolling-out Michael Vick on Thursday.

No one on my roster is safe!

What pisses me off is I keep having the highest projected points every week, not just on the match, but league wide.

And I still lose.

That means I'm more unlucky than stupid.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014

What pisses me off is I keep having the highest projected points every week, not just on the match, but league wide.

And I still lose.

See if Stafford wasn't playing even worse than Luck, we could have had a trade there. But even someone in your position doesn't want to be using him vs Seattle this week.

I'm honestly not sure which of your three QBs I'd start. They're a bit like three very unfortunate looking dogs at the pound.

You really should consider trade offers with any of....

I Got You Covered-Carson Palmer, Eli
I'm Thinkin RBs-Peyton, Andy Dalton
Squirrels Gone Wild-Brady, Flacco

All teams with 2 decent QBs who could probably look at offloading one for the right price. In other words they'll probably try and milk you senseless. But the latter two in particular have issues with RB depth which is probably the one area you can afford to trade a guy from.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm happy to announce that myself and someone here (I think @Mark Foster II ?) have put forth the league's first trade! Hopefully it well help break the ice for the rest of you stubborn mules.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm happy to announce that myself and someone here (I think @Mark Foster II ?) have put forth the league's first trade! Hopefully it well help break the ice for the rest of you stubborn mules.
I think Team O' Destiny is @TheKing. He's been clinging onto his Mike Evans like a much loved teddy bear.

Ryan is a big upgrade for you. Oh wait you didn't need anyone to tell you that :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think Team O' Destiny is @TheKing. He's been clinging onto his Mike Evans like a much loved teddy bear.

Ryan is a big upgrade for you. Oh wait you didn't need anyone to tell you that :)

Yea, he's getting huge potential upside, I'm getting "I F*cking need to win now." I think L. Miller will end up being a decent RB1, but after the bye.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I would also point out instead of being a stubborn mule, I've been more like a dirty old man at the bar hitting on anything and everything...."Hey baby show me that Mike Evans", "you have such a good looking Allan Robinson" etc.

At least Rabid Pink Ferrets is safe from my lecherous gaze.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I would also point out instead of being a stubborn mule, I've been more like a dirty old man at the bar hitting on anything and everything...."Hey baby show me that Mike Evans", "you have such a good looking Allan Robinson" etc.

At least Rabid Pink Ferrets is safe from my lecherous gaze.
That's because I have nothing, nothing at ALL to offer you..what a disaster this season is turning out to be.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
That's because I have nothing, nothing at ALL to offer you..what a disaster this season is turning out to be.
Take solace in the fact you're an excellent doctor. I mean I was kind of down on Andrew Luck's performance and the fact my next two draft picks aren't doing much either, but then I looked at your team and suddenly felt a whole lot better.

It was a bit like that time I ended up in the ER flopping around wildly like a fish due to kidney stones and then they got out the morphine and much less flopping followed. Looking at your team was fantasy football morphine that eased my pain.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
So... I just realized that trade offers are going to my Yahoo email which I never check. Doh!

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
So... I just realized that trade offers are going to my Yahoo email which I never check. Doh!
Sadly I have to report whatever useless donkeys I offered you have probably been sent to the glue factory by now.

And I still lose.

At least you put that high waiver to good use a few weeks back with Devonta Freeman.

@TheKing I think it's time to let go of that Mike Evans. He's not treating you well. I could possibly use him if they find a way to attach him on top of Brandin Cooks, thereby creating a 12ft receiver with 4.3 speed. Otherwise they both appear to be have been overdrafted.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Is your team name Orange Crush? I am interested in your Marioto...

It seems like you're not the only one, either. So far I've only been able to entertain trades with users active in this thread, MJ and Veloce Grey.

Advertisement: Interested in current Cowboys (America's Team!) WR1 or the player who scored ALL of Chiefs receiver touchdowns in the years 2014-2015? Send your trade to Team O' Destiny today!

@TheKing I think it's time to let go of that Mike Evans. He's not treating you well. I could possibly use him if they find a way to attach him on top of Brandin Cooks, thereby creating a 12ft receiver with 4.3 speed. Otherwise they both appear to be have been overdrafted.
If that 12ft monster was on the Bucs, Mr. Crab Legs would still manage to overthrow him. My only solace is that they play an equally bad team in Jags this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've been blessed by the stat correction guy!

When I went to sleep last night, I was a loser in both. Overnight some stats must have changed and I ended up winning both... at least until this Thursday when the stat correction thing becomes official. Hope I survive that!

screenshot-football fantasysports yahoo com 2015-10-05 10-54-24.png

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014

It seems like you're not the only one, either. So far I've only been able to entertain trades with users active in this thread, MJ and Veloce Grey.

I think @SBS.95 = I'm Thinkin RBs so he has Manning/Dalton as QBs. Orange Crush is @bigred from memory. But the whole forum name/team name combo does get confusing at times as MJ showed above.

I must be getting old and slow because it wasn't until about halfway through my hammering by @Likwid24 yesterday it occurred to me his team name "I've Got You Covered" was actually a Paint Brush Cover pun. Though this week it was also a statement of fact.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I think @SBS.95 = I'm Thinkin RBs so he has Manning/Dalton as QBs. Orange Crush is @bigred from memory. But the whole forum name/team name combo does get confusing at times as MJ showed above.

I must be getting old and slow because it wasn't until about halfway through my hammering by @Likwid24 yesterday it occurred to me his team name "I've Got You Covered" was actually a Paint Brush Cover pun. Though this week it was also a statement of fact.

Yes, that is correct.

DClaiborne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Feb 14, 2014
Houston, TX
I'm so confused lol... I went to bed Sunday night after both teams were finished up .7 points. Woke up sill up .7 points yesterday morning. Woke up today as a loss by .2 points even though no one played on either team Sunday or Monday night, and nothing shows up in stat corrections.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Tough loss this week. This now makes 2 losses where starting Dalton over Manning would have given me the W. :/

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
nothing shows up in stat corrections.

*Something* did happen overall/overnight with the nfl official scoring at some point. I went to bed a loser in both my leagues. (And no, I'm not a commish in both lol). Woke up a winner in both by just a few yards. I looked in stat corrections but that doesn't post until Thursday.

As far as I'm concerned, until Thursday stat corrections are posted, wins/loses by a few yards are not locked in. Right now I am 1-3 but could wake up Thursday morning 0-4.

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Damn, I play CJ Spiller every week and he does nothing. I bench him this week and he scores 18, go figure.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I remember last year someone started Larry Donnell against me the week he got 3 tds. This week it took 1.

I'm not a big Larry Donnell fan.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Advertisement: Interested in current Cowboys (America's Team!) WR1 or the player who scored ALL of Chiefs receiver touchdowns in the years 2014-2015? Send your trade to Team O' Destiny today!

If that 12ft monster was on the Bucs, Mr. Crab Legs would still manage to overthrow him. My only solace is that they play an equally bad team in Jags this week.

Bad? They KICKED a$$. [HASHTAG]#bucslife[/HASHTAG]

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
See if Stafford wasn't playing even worse than Luck, we could have had a trade there......

At some point you just have to let a guy go....

Week 3-12.83 points
Week 4-8.12
Week 5-10.72 getting benched and singlehandedly taking a chainsaw to my team
*dropped*
Week 6-42.90 via 4 tds 405 yards

Oh well I'm still feeling better than whoever it was that dropped Devonta Freeman

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Oh well I'm still feeling better than whoever it was that dropped Devonta Freeman
That was me.

But don't feel bad, this week I beat MJ with his own players (S.Bradford and L.Miller) that he traded to me.
acEFye3.jpg

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
That was me.

But don't feel bad, this week I beat MJ with his own players (S.Bradford and L.Miller) that he traded to me.
acEFye3.jpg

Yes I saw the big finish. The coaching change a big plus to Miller's stock too. MJ just needs Freeman to pick it up a bit as he's letting the team down-maybe run for 500 yards a game instead.

I also noted Rabid Pink Ferret's def with a huge finish to grab a late win. Big clash for bunny ears vs carrot next week.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That was me.

acEFye3.jpg

LOL, neither Bradford or Miller won you your game. More like your D and Shady. I'd still make the same trade today. Hope you watched the game, Bradford sucks -- good luck riding that horse anywhere but a muddy hole.

Last edited:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
No huge surprise that the two 6-0 teams both stayed out of the early draft QB craziness. Some serious buyers remorse for many of us there with guys getting outplayed by "11th round Andy Dalton".

That Denver D is punishing, racked up 23 vs me last week and averaging over 16 per game.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.