The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Incentives needed

Marketing, social media, advertising

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
Hey guys,
I'm running a couple of lead generation campaigns through display ad networks. Generally speaking I have pretty untargetted traffic I need to filter. I want to offer incentives for people to optin and receive sales emails later on. Basically I want to offer good advice, no sales pitch, just gaining their trust. The incentive must be related to the actual topic (a $5 Amazon coupon won't work).
I was usually running these campaigns with free ebooks but I'm a bit tired of it.
Do you guys have any recommendation for other (digital) incentives for such a purpose? A lead is worth a few dollars so it must be scalable.
Any advice is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
What is the value you are offering them?

This is needed for multiple services. They can be best described as being an expert in a small niche, consulting, aggregating information, etc. That's why simple ebooks did a good job so far but I think it's time to step the game up.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
This is needed for multiple services. They can be best described as being an expert in a small niche, consulting, aggregating information, etc. That's why simple ebooks did a good job so far but I think it's time to step the game up.

How do you know that it's time to step the game up? Have you been measuring the revenue generated?

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
How do you know that it's time to step the game up? Have you been measuring the revenue generated?

I'm just confident that some incentives on top of the standard eBook will boost conversion rates for optins.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I'm just confident that some incentives on top of the standard eBook will boost conversion rates for optins.

That's like saying I should coach clients differently because they've been responding positively to my current coaching methods.

That's not rational bro.

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
That's like saying I should coach clients differently because they've been responding positively to my current coaching methods.

That's not rational bro.

Delivering more value and improving an offering is not rational?
Guess I'm in the wrong forum.

How could I have tested different incentives when campaigns worked with ebooks only so far? It's like not testing new creatives because the current ones are working too.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Delivering more value and improving an offering is not rational?
Guess I'm in the wrong forum.

How could I have tested different incentives when campaigns worked with ebooks only so far? It's like not testing new creatives because the current ones are working too.

Test it on a smaller audience first, and if it works, then extend it to your current audience. This way you gain more clients and minimize risk.

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
Test it on a smaller audience first, and if it works, then extend it to your current audience. This way you gain more clients and minimize risk.
So far I have nothing to test, that's the whole purpose of this thread. Finding different incentives to do split-testing with. I am just lacking ideas.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
So far I have nothing to test, that's the whole purpose of this thread. Finding different incentives to do split-testing with. I am just lacking ideas.

Ever consider personally coaching them via email or phone? It's a great trust-builder.

Christiano

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 3, 2015
Dallas
He is looking to provide more value in a way that doesn't take up more of his time.

If you are going to keep it digital, when it comes to content, it's quality over quantity. A one or two page whitepaper that doesn't take forever to read, but is hugely relevant subject matter to the people you are targeting is key.

Just as an example. I run a management consultancy firm. I help clients with strategy and implementation of various components of business. My blog content is built around thought provoking ideas not commonly considered such as monetization of free offerings for apps and SaaS offerings.

Here is a link to the blog so you can see an application of what I am suggesting:
http://christianoferraro.com/blogs/beyond-industry/55180355-the-cost-of-free-monetization-part-2

As you can see, you can create though provoking content of value without giving away the farm and then engage to provide specifics on application. Does this make sense?

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
Hey guys,
I'm running a couple of lead generation campaigns through display ad networks. Generally speaking I have pretty untargetted traffic I need to filter. I want to offer incentives for people to optin and receive sales emails later on. Basically I want to offer good advice, no sales pitch, just gaining their trust. The incentive must be related to the actual topic (a $5 Amazon coupon won't work).
I was usually running these campaigns with free ebooks but I'm a bit tired of it.
Do you guys have any recommendation for other (digital) incentives for such a purpose? A lead is worth a few dollars so it must be scalable.
Any advice is appreciated.
If you are getting largely untargetted traffic it can work well to use editorial/blog article content to offer interesting information but end it on a cliff-hanger that readers have to optin to get the rest or to get the answer to their problem. When you use this kind of presell lander you create the demand and then present your offer as the soultion.

Enviado de meu GT-I9192 usando Tapatalk

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Tyler Ellison and @Christiano have both given great suggestions. regarding incentives and can't really improve on that!

I'm not sure what your niche / industry is so shooting into the dark a tad, but you say your audience is very general. If you're trying to really filter them down then you could look to add a small survey to unlock the incentive on the landingpage with 3 or 4 targeted questions (checkbox style) that would allow you to filter them down into different mailing lists depending on their answers. For example, if they ticked that pain point 1 was the biggest for them they'd go onto a list for Service A. If it was pain point 2 then they'd be put onto Service B list. Survey Monkey allows you to do this, but there are also a lot of Wordpress plugins that do it to.

Obviously this will only work if the incentives - ebook, whitepaper etc.. are really strong and do play on solving those pain points your clients / customers too often feel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.