The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can relationships hinder or help you being successful?

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
does having a girlfriend, husband, wife boyfriend etc. hinder you from being successful? I currently just got out of a relationship with my girlfriend & I truly love her but I believe she was holding me back. I was very comfortable in the relationship & held off a lot on my entrepreneurial ventures, as many of you can relate to during the beginning process. but on the flip side can having a mate help you become more successful?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Search the relationship section of the forum. There was a huge thread about this that turned into madness.

For me personally, at this stage of my life I'm very much a lone wolf. I don't see the appeal of a significant other. I like my alone time. So thankfully I've not had to deal with your situation as of yet.

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
What did you feel were the pros and cons of being single? Of being in a relationship?
when I'm single I tear things apart. I'm a spartan entrepreneur. when I'm with her im comfortable & can also be a spartan entrepreneur but it takes a lot more time. but the thing is she is that kind of girl. she understands entrepreneurship, government, that smart type of girl.

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
Search the relationship section of the forum. There was a huge thread about this that turned into madness.

For me personally, at this stage of my life I'm very much a lone wolf. I don't see the appeal of a significant other. I like my alone time. So thankfully I've not had to deal with your situation as of yet.
I feel you on that & I couldn't find it! the appeal of a significant other is basically relating to somebody on the same level & just understanding. new experiences, color in life. but that also has its drawbacks with the attention she wants & your lack of focus.

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
What if the relationship (or the lack there of..) has no impact on your success.

What if it's your actions or reactions that determine where you go?
you're right. I'm currently reading he 7 habits of highly effective people & basically it's MY perception that is hindering or helping me towards success.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
but on the flip side can having a mate help you become more successful?

Depends on the mate, obviously. If your mate is your partner, it probably can. If your mate encourages you and lifts you up, that can be a really nice boost. On the other hand, if you spend more time arguing if it is possible or not, that no, it will drag you down and drain your energy.

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
I think it totally depends and I think you need to not be too emotionally when deciding.
To me, I don't really like relationships RIGHT NOW. Things change. But as of right now I feel like the only reason to have a relationship would be to feel like I have something or accomplished something, making me feel comfortable and like I can take it slow. I don't really need the comfort of someone else, although I've grown up with no support from dad who I don't know or mom who I never talk to, quite literally, so maybe that's why?

It all depends on the partner, however. But I'll just say I have had some very supportive partners but in the end it just feels like it's slowing it down and making me less independent, so I decided to not let it get in the way until I really feel like I'm ready. Will that ever happen? Who knows!

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I have remained single out of choice and dedication to my pursuit of Happiness.

If I meet the right woman along the way then great, but that is not a priority for me right now.

I guess some of it is where do your priorities lie? Along with your goals.

A good relationship would probably push you towards achieving your aims even faster and could give you a good support base.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...