The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kindle Money Mastery

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Has anyone paid for or used the K Money Mastery course/membership or associated products?

Curious if it's any good, just looking to get started with something that does not need a lot of capital to start with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted27835

Has anyone paid for or used the K Money Mastery course/membership or associated products?

Curious if it's any good, just looking to get started with something that does not need a lot of capital to start with.

I bought it and while I don't doubt the validity of the program and know that you can achieve results, I felt like it was outside of my integrity to follow the advice given. Pretty much the whole concept is that you find a keyword where someone is experiencing some sort of pain or discomfort in their life, like suffering from a skin condition or something like that and then use a site like Odesk to outsource the writing of the book for less than $50, get a cover made on fiverr and throw it on amazon. So pretty much you are trying to come across as an expert in a niche that you know nothing about, and you had nothing to do with the creation of the book, and are selling it under a pen name that isn't your own. My question was, if someone knew the truth of what went into the creation of the book I am about to sell, would they still buy it? The answer I came up with was that 90%+ of people wouldn't. Obviously people that don't have a moral issue with this can outsource the entire process and scale it up to dozens or hundreds of ebooks, all potentially earning a passive-income profit. There is a FB-INSIDERS group that you can pay extra for after you buy the program so you have the benefit of a community of people all doing the same thing as well. Up to you, hope that helps.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
I bought into this a while back. It's not bad if you've no idea where to start, although most of the info can be found for free online. I didn't buy the upsell / full disclosure program.

Initially, it seemed dated. As mentioned, a lot of the stuff has already been discovered and is across the Web.

HOWEVER, Stefan does have some good tips in it. The good thing is recently (3 weeks ago I think) it's been updated for 2015 since amazon has changed so much since he first created it. It was a free update so I'm going to check out the content.

The only thing that put me off is the initial approach was the typical outsource and flood the market money chaser technique. But, he does mention outsourcing is good if you don't know how to write. So he doesn't swear by outsourcing thankfully.

Personally, I enjoy the process of doing it myself and knowing it's going to be written right. I wouldn't want every nuance in my stories getting lost in someone else's writing then have to go back and edit everything. Just my $0.02

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
No I learned it all myself. It's all over the internet for free. And of course like Brendan stated, I'm trying to become an authentic authority on a subject not pretending to be, and like yesterday, I stated something to a person about Dan Pena, and someone asked, "What makes him an authority." People can't tell sometimes the difference between legit sources and real ones. Other times they call you out. Like I've read plenty on Amazon and can spot the outsourced ones just by the way they're written from real authorities on a subject.

I think the message is brilliant to say people are catching on to the idea they want proof you're legit and authentic, because like they stated, anyone can write a book and copy information off the internet and make a profit. It doesn't mean they are an authority, and if you want to go back, and find out it's not a legit authority, the word gets around. I think people get away with it for a period of time, but bottom line if they're looking for a real authority, they'll figure it out.

I didn't buy that program simply because he's teaching people to be fake, lie, and be dishonest for the sake of money. And I suppose there are tons of people who don't mind doing it, but for some of us there's always a better path and might take longer to build an honest business, but I'm hoping in the long run it sticks around longer than a few books outsourced and temporary pay off.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Damnit I really should've read this last night before I forked over the $67.

I thought I would be able to find such info on self-publishing for free, heck even her on TMF Forum(s) @mws87 Basically I havent spent the time researching about self-publishing online yet, but my time is very limited so I have to to get something that could just get me started somewhere anywhere earning online or any regularly income producing business so I can fund my real fastlane project.

@Mattie I don't believe in unethical practices or doing anything for the sake of getting paid but right now I just need something earning right away so I can invest back into my fastlane. I will try and learn what he teaches and put some books out but then twist things in my upstanding, value giving ways if possible. Such as write my own content.

Thanks Guys, that did help although a bit late, I paid for the course and starting it now.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Remember that was created before Kindle just changed their rules I think in July. So, I don't know what's in his Mastery program, but you might want to check with other sources within the next month. And they're being paid by page now, and funny yesterday I just read this and not sure how that new page program is going to actually work if people know they can stop Amazon from indicating how many pages they're reading on Kindle. If anything I've learned about writing books is it's not always going to turn out the way you think, because someone did it in the past a certain way.

http://www.bullguard.com/blog/2015/...-is-spying-on-you-here-is-how-to-stop-it.html

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Great so I just flushed $67 down the drain? @ Mattie lol anyway I read somewhere else on this forum about Amazon

If you haven’t heard, they recently shifted the royalty structure for books within KDP Select. No longer will you be compensated on a “per borrow” basis. Instead you’re paid around $0.0058 per page read. Do the math and you’d see that this negatively impacts people who write shorter books (i.e. under 200 pages.)

So just my luck, anyway I will see the course through to gain some fundamentals of selling on amazon,KDP but obviously need to do the hard yards myself if I or anyone is in this for the long-run.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I did not purchase the course, however, I did read the book that is supposed to accompany it. I agree with @Brendan Schmidt 100%.

Are the results from the course real? Sure, I don't believe he's lying about his income.
Is it something I want to do for myself? Nope. Reasons why:
  • Unethical. Obviously ethics will differ from person to person. But in my opinion, it is wrong to seek out those with a physical or emotional problem and try to sell them generic Google-fu info that some writer in the Philippines re-worded. I wouldn't look down on someone who does this, but it rubs me the wrong way.
  • Not really adding value. In my opinion, a 20 page "book" written by someone in a third-world country, based off of re-worded information from Wikipedia, is not adding value. Real businesses add value. In the book I read, you were encouraged to describe yourself as an authority on the subject. So if you were publishing a book on gambling addiction, you would tell the readers you overcame gambling addiction. Again, see unethical.
  • Lack of control. When you are selling a legitimate product or Kindle book, one with quality that you stand behind, you are still putting your fate in Amazon's hands. When you are selling a garbage book with the length of a glorified forum post, authored by a non-native speaker, you are just begging for trouble.
By the way, I do believe that publishing on Amazon is a legitimate way to earn serious money. But go read @ChickenHawk 's thread if you want to want to really learn something.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Ok Thanks @ Boxster I will check out ChickenHawk's thread and MTF's Self-Publishing thread.

I was thinking of using his fundamentals and changing my tactics after a while, such as sourcing the info myself and summarizing it and guiding the writers as much as I can to rewrite according to my standards to ensure quality control as much as possible. Also Phillpinos English is not too bad, I believe many speak fine English, as for professional writing I'm not fully sure how they fare.

P.S I have not come across anything blatantly unethical yet but I read some reviews about the course creator using white-hat methods.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Ok Thanks @ Boxster I will check out ChickenHawk's thread and MTF's Self-Publishing thread.

I was thinking of using his fundamentals and changing my tactics after a while, such as sourcing the info myself and summarizing it and guiding the writers as much as I can to rewrite according to my standards to ensure quality control as much as possible. Also Phillpinos English is not too bad, I believe many speak fine English, as for professional writing I'm not fully sure how they fare.

P.S I have not come across anything blatantly unethical yet but I read some reviews about the course creator using white-hat methods.

Well ethics differ from person to person. In my opinion, hiring lower-quality writers to write 20 page "books" of rehashed Wikipedia information to resell as professional firsthand advice, and marketing it to people with a disorder, is unethical.

I'm not trying to insult the English-speaking of Phillipinos or other countries you are encouraged to hire from. But let's be realistic- if it was really that good they wouldn't be working for so cheap. Sure, they may be able write legibly. But I am doubtful of their ability write with idioms and hyperbole that readers are going to appreciate. Some can, absolutely, but those aren't going to be the ones you are hiring for $2/hour.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Alright @Boxster Point taken.

I will aim to at least make my money back and learn what I can from his course, I'm sure there is something valuable to take from it.
I really don't want to be another shit peddler on Amazon so I will do my best to ensure I'm not dolling out crap.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.