The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Here? Some advice . . .

Lorenz14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 30, 2012
Russ, I searched HELP, and sent Contact Us the question, but just happened to see your posts and thought I'd ask you: When I registered with the forums, I chose mnkypapers for a username (or whatever the forum calls it). Can I change it? I can't seem to find where to do it.

Thanks,
Joe
Russ, cancel that. I got it taken care of.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Albert Liao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 22, 2014
Hi everyone, my name is Albert and I'm currently working in the heart of Silicon Valley for a large tech company. I'm 22, flustered with what I'm doing every day, and will be seeking ways on getting out this 9-5 cycle.

I'm interested in creating a website that connects similar groups of people/businesses, though I have no technical skills...yet. I will be dedicating my evenings and weekends to learn as I still not comfortable with leaving my current job and moving back home with the parents. But maybe that is the only and best option, we shall see!

I ran across this book while searching for "online business" on Amazon and I am quite confident this might be the best $5.99 + tax I have ever spent.

I'd be more than to happy to buy coffee and chat with any other Fastlaners who are in the Silicon Valley area!

Cheers!

DKNJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 20, 2014
New Jersey
Hi my name is Danny and I'm from NJ. I work for the plumbers union. I finished the 5 yr apprenticeship but need around 2.5 more years working in the field to be eligible to take my test to get my license and open up my own company. I am currently laid off and know it will be a while they call me back to work. I have been good at finding side jobs but I'm sick of having unstable income. I have a decent amount saved up and wanted to use some of it as a down payment on my first condo. Since my union work is unsteady, my w2's won't let me qualify for a loan. I tried getting it under my parents name but they have to many loans against them. I realized that even though I have been a good saver all my life, that won't get me ahead. I need financial education. I also have a little fast laner in me and am working on an invention. I feel this community is the perfect place to meet people, have good energy, encourage and push each other beyond our expectations. Contribute to each others process as a team and help each other execute. Some of our friends and family won't have as much faith in us as this community will. Well at least some of us that are in the beginning of our fastlane journey. I didn't mean to generalize. Haha.

ChangedLife

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 30, 2014
My name is Marcus. I'm a Georgia high school student currently enrolled in a JROTC coarse. Personally I don't know where my talents lie and I don't have some thought out plan for later in my life past joining the military. Maybe I'll look back on this a couple of years from now as a successful adult. I don't know, but I'll do my damned best to change my life for the better.

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks for the well outlined guidelines. Had a discrepancy initially with a blog url I posted, but will make sure to follow the guidelines as I love it here!

garysvpa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jul 23, 2014
To all those who have just found the Fastlane, welcome!

We get spammers around here on occasion, and have a VERY low tolerence for them.

Best advice for starting out on the right path:

1. Make your first post an introduction.

Tell us who you are, where you're from (don't lie), and what brought you here.

Then, tell us where you hope to be someday (ie, your goals/long range plan), and how you plan to get there.

If you're still working out the details, don't be afraid to say that. All of us adjust our PLANs and make changes as we go.

2. If your IP is from a distant land, tell us why.

Don't make the mistake of telling us you're from the US if your IP says you're from Outer Transylvania. You'll just feel the steel of the BAN HAMMER.

Other than that, we just have a few simple rules around here:

• No discussion or mention of politics or religion. Period. People have their own set views on these things, and you're not going to change them (at least not here). We're here to talk about business, and other business-related things.

• No SPAM or MLM or trying to "sell" us on your new product, or service, or telling us you need money. Do it, and you'll be BANNED.

• No "I'm a victim" mentality. People come here to change their lives, and get on the right track. Tell us how bad your life is, or WHY you can't do something, and you will eventually be BANNED.

• No Trolls/Haters. Treat everyone here with respect-- even if you disagree with them. This goes a LONG way towards success in business. If you have a hard time with this, think of the fastlane as your training grounds for later business success. If you troll or act like a hater-- even to a small degree-- the community will call you on it. Continue this behavior and-- you guessed it-- you will be BANNED.

• Last but not least, don't post any links in your signature until you've been here a while, contributed some really good info, and have achieved at least 100 posts. Do a bunch of trash posts just to get your count up, and you will be . . .

:ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2:

Other than that, kick back, and get to know everybody. One of the best ways to do that is go back and read the past threads (there is GOLD in those past posts).

Have fun.

Again, welcome to the fastlane! :fastlane:

-Russ H.

Thank you for your reminder.

Tom Tran

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 16, 2014

We get spammers around here on occasion, and have a VERY low tolerence for them.

-Russ H.
Thanks Russ!

Pheks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 15, 2015
these are probably the clearest guidelines I've ever seen joining a forum. Like this.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Tell us who you are, where you're from (don't lie), and what brought you here:

Hey all, my name is Wisith. I'm in the Los Angeles area. I read MJ's book, and that brought me here. Love the vibe so far!

Then, tell us where you hope to be someday (ie, your goals/long range plan), and how you plan to get there:

I'm turning 30 in a few months, and the entrepreneur bug has never been stronger. I have an idea that is app based in healthcare. There is a need for it, and it was from a personal experience. I try to live a healthy lifestyle ever since I lost about 60 lbs (all naturally) when I was in my early 20s 5-6 years ago. Biggest hurdle is I don't know how to code, and the networking around here AKA Silicon Beach hasn't been too well. But I am not giving up.

My long term goal is to turn my idea into fruition, while having a healthy 'money tree' to sustain the lifestyle I want, ie traveling, cars, etc. I would also love to have the opportunity to help others.

xavi22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jun 6, 2014
Tell us who you are, where you're from (don't lie), and what brought you here:

Hey all, my name is Wisith. I'm in the Los Angeles area. I read MJ's book, and that brought me here. Love the vibe so far!

Then, tell us where you hope to be someday (ie, your goals/long range plan), and how you plan to get there:

I'm turning 30 in a few months, and the entrepreneur bug has never been stronger. I have an idea that is app based in healthcare. There is a need for it, and it was from a personal experience. I try to live a healthy lifestyle ever since I lost about 60 lbs (all naturally) when I was in my early 20s 5-6 years ago. Biggest hurdle is I don't know how to code, and the networking around here AKA Silicon Beach hasn't been too well. But I am not giving up.

My long term goal is to turn my idea into fruition, while having a healthy 'money tree' to sustain the lifestyle I want, ie traveling, cars, etc. I would also love to have the opportunity to help others.

Welcome to this wonderful forum. Hang around long enough and you'll see what this forum has to offer...I read the part about you losing 60 lbs. Any advice on how to do this? That is the exact amount of weight I need to lose and have about 6 months to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Welcome to this wonderful forum. Hang around long enough and you'll see what this forum has to offer...I read the part about you losing 60 lbs. Any advice on how to do this? That is the exact amount of weight I need to lose and have about 6 months to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm copying and pasting my reply as it should still be valid. It's a question I got asked a lot.

Hi,

For your reference:

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/22701504014/tips-for-losing-weight

About HIIT:

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/23593059557/exercising-high-intensity-interval-training-hiit

If you're curious about my progress:

220 lbs to 145-150 lbs in a little over a year. I've bulked up to 160 lbs now and been maintaining since 2010 or so.

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/22567510333/fitness-for-life-before-you-invest-money-in-your

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Then, tell us where you hope to be someday (ie, your goals/long range plan), and how you plan to get there.

If you're still working out the details, don't be afraid to say that. All of us adjust our PLANs and make changes as we go.

Don't make the mistake of telling us you're from the US if your IP says you're from Outer Transylvania. You'll just feel the steel of the BAN HAMMER.

• No discussion or mention of politics or religion. Period. People have their own set views on these things, and you're not going to change them (at least not here). We're here to talk about business, and other business-related things.

• No SPAM or MLM or trying to "sell" us on your new product, or service, or telling us you need money. Do it, and you'll be BANNED.

• No "I'm a victim" mentality. People come here to change their lives, and get on the right track. Tell us how bad your life is, or WHY you can't do something, and you will eventually be BANNED.

• No Trolls/Haters. Treat everyone here with respect-- even if you disagree with them. This goes a LONG way towards success in business. If you have a hard time with this, think of the fastlane as your training grounds for later business success. If you troll or act like a hater-- even to a small degree-- the community will call you on it. Continue this behavior and-- you guessed it-- you will be BANNED.

• Last but not least, don't post any links in your signature until you've been here a while, contributed some really good info, and have achieved at least 100 posts. Do a bunch of trash posts just to get your count up, and you will be . . .

Other than that, kick back, and get to know everybody. One of the best ways to do that is go back and read the past threads (there is GOLD in those past posts).

Have fun.

Again, welcome to the fastlane!

-Russ H.

bump

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
My name is Charles, I am from Rising Sun, MD I found this forum via a Google search. (gotta love google) I was looking for information on my "next step" in my start up business.

I've created a product and done some preliminary testing that has come back with outstanding results, my start up money is gone and I fear that I may have to go get a J.O.B again very soon. :( I just don't know how/where to go from here. I hope to learn a lot via this forum.

Thanks!

You didn't mention where you are exactly. As someone else working toward launching a product, maybe I can give you some advice. I'm bootstrapping my biz but not everyone can afford to do that: you may need to borrow if you're out of money.

Most start with family and friends. I wasn't comfortable with that so I work side jobs instead (I have great skills in other areas i can make money off).

_Seba_

AAA
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 24, 2015
Germany
Hi everyone,

I'm Sebastian, 19, located in Germany, student.

A very good friend gave me TMF one year ago, so this is why I'm following the forum.

Since we made some money together (references to GrumpyCat's Hustlers Guide and my friends creativity) and I'm actually working on preparations to Import and sell products soon.

I'm here because I still want to change parts of my mindset, share thoughts with all this smart people around here and helping others, in case I'm able to do that.

Thank you for opening this threat,

Sebastian

Superwoman

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 18, 2014
Colorado
Hello fellow Fastlaners! My name is Leanne, I have been studying and applying wealth building for sometime now. I live in a Denver suburb, am married and have a teenager.

Along time ago I realized my husband and I working corporate jobs was not going to get us to the place either one of us wanted to be. We both had very good paying sales jobs, but I started to realize we couldn’t “save” our way to financial freedom. One of the things I did was take several real estate investment classes. We purchased our first real estate investment property in Tofino, BC. It is a 4-plex in a tourist destination on Vancouver Island. This summer, I spent the month of June turning it into a short term vacation rental. (It had been long term employee housing for one of the resorts). This investment is turning out well.

The next property was a condtel in Beaver Creek, Colorado. This investment has not turned out so well. It’s a long story I will save for another time.

I bought and read the “The Millionaire Fastlane ” back in 2011. This really got my wheels turning. I didn’t know about the forum until sometime last year. I lurked for a very long time before I signed up as Superwoman.

Since then, I have had fits and starts of starting businesses. I have the soul of an entrepreneur, but have not found the right fit, opportunity, or the right kick in the pants. I tend to invest a lot of time into studying and investigating different strategies, but have had a difficult time getting out of first gear. Here are some of the businesses I have spent time and money investigating, but have not started for different reasons:

-wholesale real estate
-fix and flips/residential
-self storage
-buying a mobile home park
-laundromats
-ice vending
-niche web site selling digital products
-ecommerce on Amazon/Ebay

It’s time for me to get out of first gear. My kid is now in high school and is becoming more independent, my husband is mentally ready to retire from his company, and I want to work my business doing something that I enjoy that also lets me live my life the way I want. I bought tickets to the Summit for both me and my husband. Why? I need to be surrounded by people who are working in the way I see myself working. It is very difficult for me to get rolling when I feel very alone in my endeavors. My husband is my biggest supporter, and I need him to understand what I am trying to accomplish. He also has skills that complement mine, so I may need him from time to time ;) Also, I know that I will be there in February, which gives me a deadline to have more in place before I arrive. I work best with deadlines.

I look forward to interacting more here on the forum, and meeting those who are attending the Summit.

jasonharris

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Leanne
How's things going. I've heard of other people talk about the mobile home parks in the states, what did you think of this ?
I follow property in UK. A report today stated that proper wild rise 50% in next 10 years. I'm not too sure about that figure but thank property is a good investment. Much better than leaving money in the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emre-Mihai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 23, 2017
Romania, Bucharest

Have fun.

Again, welcome to the fastlane!

-Russ H.

Hello, everyone I am Emre-Mihai, I am from Romania and I am currently 16 years old.I found out MJ DeMarco's book by accident and I want to thank him for all the great value he has offered in his book.Ever since I read it I am constantly trying to improve myself and learn new things and I have even started doing a small ''business'' in school(in my school there are no cafeterias and there is a need for food so I buy it low and sell it high in school).I also have an invention idea and I want to start as soon as possible learning how to develop it and make it good and also a good strategy.I am an open-minded person and I appreciate any review and advice anyone has to offer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...