The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Been a really mild year, middle of June and this is the first day of the year where it truly feels HOT. But like Allen says, Ill take it over 90 degrees, humidity, and mosquitos, any day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I dont think LA gets dry heat. Its humid there compared to Phoenix.
Late in the year, Southern California will get Santa Ana conditions. That is a hot, dry wind that blows from the east and usually ignites the fire season. I agree that Ca is much more humid. Especially along the coast and anywhere that is influenced by the coastal winds.

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
Arizona is a fantastic place . . . except for May, June, July, August, September, and October.

You know the feeling when you open a hot oven and the heat wave hits you and you can't breathe? Yep, a dry heat.

I was born and raised there and you'll never catch me in AZ in the summer again.

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
I moved to AZ from Buffalo in 1984...then back to Buffalo in 1992 for a year...then back to AZ in 1993.

Met my wife got married had kids and decided 8 years ago to move to The Midwest for the change of seasons, snow, etc.

Moved back to Scottsdale 2 years later.

I would take our 4 shit hot months of Summer and 8 awesome other months of the year over most other places. Obviously, if you have to live by an ocean...this ain't the place for you.

Like others have mentioned...2 hour drive to Flagstaff tall pines and highs in the 80s...3 hours to Show Low for the same deal. Break up The Summer, and it gets really nice again.

Anyway...we're in N Scottsdale if anyone needs anything when you get here!

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
May, June, July, August, September, and October

I thought October was near perfect weather - 80 degrees most of the month. You can still swim and its not excessively hot. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
May, June, July, August, September, and October.

I've been here nearly 20 years and I don't feel 6 months of the year is crap. May was beautiful. 1/2 June was the same. October is great too. September and the back end of August is "interesting" because of the monsoons. In my experience, that leaves one month, maybe two at most, of HELL. Break up that month with a few weekend trips, or a week here and there in the high country, a jump in the pool, and bam, the heat is neutralized. You can't neutralize 6 months of 6 feet of snow and sub-freezing temperatures unless you board a plane, of course, in a well-planned masterminded event.

Joseph Wilson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 13, 2015
Wow, didn't realize how many fastlaners there are in the Phoenix area. I live in North Phoenix myself, between happy valley and carefree highway. I grew up in Florida and definitely miss the beach but have been in Phoenix for 3 years (ish) and am loving it. Lots of great food, entertainment, concerts, events etc... The fishing sucks, but that's to be expected being a desert and all. .. lol... Even the 'ghetto' part of town isn't really very bad. I lived in what I was told was the 'bad part of town' for about year and never had any problems.

I don't care what anyone says, 115 degrees is hot. Even if it's dry, it's still really hot. I prefer 90 degrees and humid, especially when the beach is 10 minutes away, over 115 degrees and dry.

One of my favorite things here is meeting business oriented people. I meet really cool people all the time just hanging out in cigar shops. People are usually pretty friendly and accepting. Lots of networkers around here.

Oh and Ben Avery is one of the beest shooting ranges in the country if you're in to that stuff. 1000 yard rifle ranges, trap and skeet, even archery ranges. Pretty awesome really.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
September and the back end of August is "interesting" because of the monsoons.

MONSOON ? Is that like a typhoon?

Edit:
Monsoon |mänˈsoōn; ˈmänˌsoōn|
noun
a seasonal prevailing wind in the region of the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia, blowing from the southwest between May and September and bringing rain (the wet monsoon), or from the northeast between October and April (the dry monsoon).
• the rainy season accompanying the wet monsoon.
DERIVATIVES
monsoonal |mänˈsoōnl| adjective
ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from Portuguese monção, from Arabic mawsim ‘season,’ from wasama ‘to mark, brand.’

Typhoon |tīˈfoōn|
noun
a tropical storm in the region of the Indian or western Pacific oceans.
DERIVATIVES
typhonic |-ˈfänik| adjective
ORIGIN late 16th cent.: partly via Portuguese from Arabic ṭūfān (perhaps from Greek tuphōn ‘whirlwind’ ); reinforced by Chinese dialect tai fung ‘big wind.’

Last edited:

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
I think I have forgotten what "dry heat" feels like, but I agree that heat + humidity is awful.

I grew up in the deep south, and I remember stepping outside in July or August and it was like walking into a steam bath.

Also within about 2 minutes my hair would look like I had just gotten a perm.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Been a really mild year, middle of June and this is the first day of the year where it truly feels HOT.

...on the bright side of things, it'll cool down to 108 in the middle of next week.

weather.PNG

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Man, I've spent lots of time in AZ and the heat's not too bad compared to 90 degrees + 90% humidity in Georgia growing up.
I've lived in quite a few major cities in the US, so I have a good baseline to judge upon. I've lived in Atlanta, Asheville NC, NYC, SF, Orange County, Des Moines, overseas, etc.

I currently live in downtown SD and wouldn't trade it for anywhere I've been. If you're making money, it's a great place to be...if you're not, AZ would probably make a bit more sense for cost of living. I just wouldn't ever, ever, ever trade the SD climate for PHX/Scottsdale.

@JasonR - you still owe a visit to compare my man. Stop drinkin them coconuts in SE Asia and leggoooooooo

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
@JasonR - you still owe a visit to compare my man. Stop drinkin them coconuts in SE Asia and leggoooooooo

Ahahaha - yes I do. I have a few other friends in San Diego I owe a visit as well.

I'm currently in Bali and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to leave. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

emerge02

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2015
Hello,

I'm new to the Fastlane and I'm have trouble finding information on meetup groups in the area. I live in Scottsdale. I've tried a couple different groups on meetup.com but both times I showed up just to find out that the group no longer existed or it was canceled due to lack of attendance.

Anyone know of any good meetup groups for online marketing and information products?

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Hello,

I'm new to the Fastlane and I'm have trouble finding information on meetup groups in the area. I live in Scottsdale. I've tried a couple different groups on meetup.com but both times I showed up just to find out that the group no longer existed or it was canceled due to lack of attendance.

Anyone know of any good meetup groups for online marketing and information products?

There are opportunities here if you stick around, get to know people,and contribute valid information. Go post an introduction and tell us about yourself.

PS - If you are looking for a forum similar to the Warrior Forum, it's not here.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Hey guys,

Read all pages on this thread. I just joined yesterday, but can already tell I would really enjoy this forum (joined right after I finished reading MJ's book).

I'm currently in Los Angeles, been living here since we moved to the states as a kid. Actually thought about moving around, or at least tour places to get ideas/inspirations.

I want to travel for several days during November (when I'll be turning 30 since I can take a few days off then). I previously considered Houston and Atlanta since both are up and coming cities with relatively low cost of living and booming economies.

However, this thread is making me think otherwise. It's only a couple of hours flight from LA. If I come through, can I link up with you folks? I love meeting new people, especially entrepreneur spirited ones.

Thanks!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

Devin Out

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 15, 2015
Fastlane!
Going to be visiting here first or second week of April to watch a baseball game and check out the city. Just enrolled in scottsdale community college for this upcoming semester, can't wait to visit...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you want to visit Scottsdale, don't do it in February. Do it in August to determine if you want to live there or not. Everybody wants to live there in February.

Devin Out

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 15, 2015
Fastlane!
If you want to visit Scottsdale, don't do it in February. Do it in August to determine if you want to live there or not. Everybody wants to live there in February.

Gets up to 110 during august where I'm from... Ready :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Gets up to 110 during august where I'm from... Ready :)

Fresno California is like a refrigerator compared to Phoenix in the summer.

However, for 10 months out of the year the only place that beats Scottsdale is Maui.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Gets up to 110 during august where I'm from
Fresno California is like a refrigerator compared to Phoenix in the summer.
Are you moving from Fresno? I lived in Northern California my whole life before moving to Arizona three years ago and now back in California (for the moment). The heat is indeed different. 120 in AZ feels much, much hotter than 110 in CA. The difference is feeling hot vs feeling like you're being assaulted with 200 hair dryers and can't escape.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
he difference is feeling hot vs feeling like you're being assaulted with 200 hair dryers and can't escape.
Reminds me of Kuwait. Heat was brutal. I'd have to sit down for 20mins after my 5 minute walk to the gym haha.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Are you moving from Fresno? I lived in Northern California my whole life before moving to Arizona three years ago and now back in California (for the moment). The heat is indeed different. 120 in AZ feels much, much hotter than 110 in CA. The difference is feeling hot vs feeling like you're being assaulted with 200 hair dryers and can't escape.
I have been in AZ for 15 years and have only been in 120 degree weather once.

As a very active person, I still run and play softball through the summers. Yes it is hot. You can sit inside in the ac if you want but you will get used to it if you spend time outside.

I spent 41 years in San Diego. The weather is very nice there but there are many environmental items to look at.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Humidity is what makes the difference. It's so dry here, that 110 here will feel BETTER than 85 other places where it's real humid. Where I grew up in Norway, summers could get hot and humid (clothes would stick to your body when you went outside, yuck) but it never really got above 80-85. I rather have 115 any day :) Besides, like what SteveO said.. If it's too hot for you? Well go inside and chill in the A/C or hop in a pool :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Besides, like what SteveO said.. If it's too hot for you? Well go inside and chill in the A/C or hop in a pool :)
Plus there are outdoor misters located at outdoor malls, restaurants, etc. We ate lunch outside once when it was about 110. The misters cooled it down to about 85. Very pleasant.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Plus there are outdoor misters located at outdoor malls, restaurants, etc. We ate lunch outside once when it was about 110. The misters cooled it down to about 85. Very pleasant.

Yes indeed!
Arizona gets a lot of undeserved bad rep and jokes about being 'too f'in hot' and how 110+ is supposedly 'hell on earth'. But the reality is that those comments are mostly from naysayers who haven't actually tried living here. It honestly is not by far as bad as people make it out to sound like. We've had guests who came from Florida, and stayed with us for several days during the 110's. They said it felt soo good, and like a relief coming here, as it was 83 and humid as f*ck where they just flew in from.

And temperature/heat aside for a moment... We have frikkin' CONSTANT blue skies and sunshine here. :) Literally, every day is stunning. The birds are chirping everywhere, the sun is shining on your day. Pretty much every day of the year. Do you think that would affect how much more motivated and energized you would feel to also bring your business forward? You bet it does! :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Humidity is what makes the difference. It's so dry here, that 110 here will feel BETTER than 85 other places where it's real humid. Where I grew up in Norway, summers could get hot and humid (clothes would stick to your body when you went outside, yuck) but it never really got above 80-85. I rather have 115 any day :) Besides, like what SteveO said.. If it's too hot for you? Well go inside and chill in the A/C or hop in a pool :)

lol

that's all I have to say.

601185_406621282724216_1483219682_n.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads