The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free service for you ! Yes 0 $

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
you just copied and pasted this from....

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/

You answered NONE of my questions. You completely ignored them, actually.

I'll let the other posters take over, I've done my best. I'm going to go implode now.

Ok I am again sorry ,please give me one hour for study.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Ok I am again sorry ,please give me one hour for study.

All questions answered.

Q1 Why does weight and height matter for choosing a particular routine?

Ans1. Yes weight and height does matter , as it determine your body type. ( Ectomorph , Endomorph ,Mesomorph)

THE ECTOMORPH:

This is a common body type which is characterized by a thin build with relatively little muscle and fat as well. Persons with this body type have a tough time gaining any kind of weight, muscle or fat. Also, for most cases this body type is not able to take a high amount of athletic/training stress (i.e. Heavy amounts of weight training, cardio etc.).

The only real advantage to this body type is the minimal fat gain that one will experience while trying to put on muscle because for most cases this body type has a high metabolism.

THE ENDOMORPH:

This is the opposite of the Ectomorph, that is a body type which is more large and rounded body. Usually the fat levels are high but these people do carry a bit more muscle than the Ectomorphs.

The Endomorph usually has trouble losing weight, particularly fat. However they have an easier time gaining muscle as well as fat, which is a downside. Most people in this type have a slow metabolism, hence their high body fat percentage.

THE MESOMORPH:

This is the best of both worlds. These people are athletic and are characterized by a muscular frame with relatively low amounts of body fat. They don't have much trouble losing fat and at the same time they can gain muscle easily. They too like the Ectomorph have a higher metabolism that keeps their fat levels in check.

Before I get into the workouts let me say this - It is possible to change your body type. However here's the catch: It takes tremendous amounts of work. For example an Ectomorph with consistent training and good meal planning can become a Mesomorph.

I'm sure you've seen it, the skinny freshman who leaves grade 12 as a muscle beast. Or more commonly the overweight and obese people who have achieved a fat loss resolution. So keep in mind, you're not "stuck" in your body type forever.

I am sure you will agree, that there is a different approach for each type.

Q2 Is this routine focused on weightlifting, olympic lifting, bodybuilding, athletics, or weight loss, and why?

Ans 2 There can be separate routines for each of them as we all know.Lets have a brief with them first.

"Olympic lifting revolves around the final extension of the limbs being done as quickly as possible, while powerlifting revolves around moving the first part of the lift as strongly as possible."

"While all of the (Olympic) lifts are done at a much faster tempo than the power lifts, they are still subject to the principle that the heavier the weight, the slower you're going to move it."

What about bodybuilding?

Bodybuilding involves lifting weights, but the goal is aesthetic, not a performance goal. The competition is about who has the most pleasing physique, not who is the strongest or fastest.

Isn’t ‘weightlifting’ just lifting weights?

Technically, weightlifting is the sport of the snatch and the clean & jerk. However most people use ‘weightlifting’ as a generic term to mean any lifting of a weight. So those involved in the sport of weightlifting have taken to referring to it as olympic weightlifting or even olympic lifting, as it is the only weight lifting sport that features in the Olympics.

Both the routines I posted were intended for bodybuilding .

There can be different views of different people on these topics like here is one by a guy named Matthew

"bodybuilding = focus on aesthetics and size. strength gains are for the purpose of progressive overload for hypertrophy

powerlifting = focus on strength. size gains are for the purpose of lifting heavier weights

weightlifting = what you do when you're in the gym

imo bodybuilding and powerlifting overlap in many respects, but are entirely different sports. sort of how a figure skater and a hockey player (not saying either sport is like figure skating) both need strong ice skating fundamentals, but compete in completely different activities."

Q3What does this workout aim to improve - strength, size, speed, agility, flexibility?

Ans 3 These all are somewhat very different from each other, each of these qualities can involve different set of exercises.

The two routines I posted were intended for an overall fitness. If you do heavy weights your size and strength increase.While if wight lighter weight and more repetetions, it can improve speed and agility.

however for flexibility , speed ,agility a totally different apprach can be taken if you are not concerned with strength and size.

Q4 Why does this work for absolute beginners?

Ans 4 This is just a step by step guide to let them know the procedure.

To be honest its all about your determination , you can go in a gym and any trainer for starting exercises and one month schedule. As that post above said there is no particular routine for anyone, you can adapt yourself with time for what suits your body more.

Q5 Is it exclusive - that is, will it work for an expert, why or why not?

Ans5 If he is already and expert, why does he need all this. He know which exercises to do and all. If someone is lifting weights and doing exercise regularly it will effect their body no matter they are an expert or a beginner.

Q6 In how much time I expect to see results? How can I track my progress using this routine?

How do I know I am improving using this routine ?

Ans6 With the work outs I posted you can expect to see results in a month, if you follow them seriously.

To track your progress you can.

1. take regular pictures of you, stand in bathrobe in front of mirror lol.

2 Take measurements – Go to a craft store and buy a cheap tape measure or buy one of these self-help tape measures. Make sure your measurements are taken in the morning and not after your workout.

3. Measure your body fat percentage

4. Track your food

My brother (true in reality ) has started working out few months ago , he keep asking me if there is any change. Yes there is I tell him everytime, we always match it with his old pics .The difference is clear his cheeks are a bit flat now and weight loss obviously.

Continue.......

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
@IrishSpring600 there is a workout for each particular day (28 days ). Please check again.

ee2a02f82054fb74da1578404dbafc27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Last edited:

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
Haha you know what OP - you said something that I thought was a little weird on a different thread (about the app - it was just so random hahaha) and I thought to myself "Hm.. That seems like a weird thing to say."

images

But you know what? IRL I say shit I'm sure a lot of the people around me think is weird too (I mean half the stuff we talk about on this forum is almost taboo in the "real world") I think I'm starting to see where you're coming from and I must say - like your tenacity. :tiphat:

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Haha you know what OP - you said something that I thought was a little weird on a different thread (about the app - it was just so random hahaha) and I thought to myself "Hm.. That seems like a weird thing to say."

images

But you know what? IRL I say shit I'm sure a lot of the people around me think is weird too (I mean half the stuff we talk about on this forum is almost taboo in the "real world") I think I'm starting to see where you're coming from and I must say - like your tenacity. :tiphat:
Haha thats true thanks .I think that being a fastlaner include ability to analyse positive aspect of random things. ;) which you have I guess

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Please research me a business idea worth min. $1M profit / year with no competition and low amount of work required. Reward: $10 rep. Thanks.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
tumblr_lrflknrWeX1qbm9w4.gif

Why does weight and height matter for choosing a particular routine? Is this routine focused on weightlifting, olympic lifting, bodybuilding, athletics, or weight loss, and why? What does this workout aim to improve - strength, size, speed, agility, flexibility? Why does this work for absolute beginners? Is it exclusive - that is, will it work for an expert, why or why not? In how much time can I expect to see results? How can I track my progress using this routine? How do I know I am improving using this routine? You said there is a workout for each particular day - so there are no rest days? How will my body recover using this routine? Are there any other important factors to consider, or is it just work out as hard as possible and hope for the best?

Do you know what an elaborate response is? Can you summarize that article for me? How many other articles have you read on the subject, and if so, can you summarize those for me?

Do you really expect me to read that link, researcher?

This was not very systematic.

Also, @jon.a was being sarcastic, you're providing a link to their OWN website - something *anyone* can do in 5 seconds.

No wonder this is free work. This is kakash quality.

Answer these questions and get back to me.
Let's raise a bank for somebody who will find/write and present a summary for newbie training, add what's missing, and tailor it to fastlaner lifestyle.
I'll give all my rep points. Let's say, let's raise 1500 rep bank.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
All questions answered.

Q1 Why does weight and height matter for choosing a particular routine?

Ans1. Yes weight and height does matter , as it determine your body type. ( Ectomorph , Endomorph ,Mesomorph)

THE ECTOMORPH:

This is a common body type which is characterized by a thin build with relatively little muscle and fat as well. Persons with this body type have a tough time gaining any kind of weight, muscle or fat. Also, for most cases this body type is not able to take a high amount of athletic/training stress (i.e. Heavy amounts of weight training, cardio etc.).

The only real advantage to this body type is the minimal fat gain that one will experience while trying to put on muscle because for most cases this body type has a high metabolism.

THE ENDOMORPH:

This is the opposite of the Ectomorph, that is a body type which is more large and rounded body. Usually the fat levels are high but these people do carry a bit more muscle than the Ectomorphs.

The Endomorph usually has trouble losing weight, particularly fat. However they have an easier time gaining muscle as well as fat, which is a downside. Most people in this type have a slow metabolism, hence their high body fat percentage.

THE MESOMORPH:

This is the best of both worlds. These people are athletic and are characterized by a muscular frame with relatively low amounts of body fat. They don't have much trouble losing fat and at the same time they can gain muscle easily. They too like the Ectomorph have a higher metabolism that keeps their fat levels in check.

Before I get into the workouts let me say this - It is possible to change your body type. However here's the catch: It takes tremendous amounts of work. For example an Ectomorph with consistent training and good meal planning can become a Mesomorph.

I'm sure you've seen it, the skinny freshman who leaves grade 12 as a muscle beast. Or more commonly the overweight and obese people who have achieved a fat loss resolution. So keep in mind, you're not "stuck" in your body type forever.

I am sure you will agree, that there is a different approach for each type.

Q2 Is this routine focused on weightlifting, olympic lifting, bodybuilding, athletics, or weight loss, and why?

Ans 2 There can be separate routines for each of them as we all know.Lets have a brief with them first.

"Olympic lifting revolves around the final extension of the limbs being done as quickly as possible, while powerlifting revolves around moving the first part of the lift as strongly as possible."

"While all of the (Olympic) lifts are done at a much faster tempo than the power lifts, they are still subject to the principle that the heavier the weight, the slower you're going to move it."

What about bodybuilding?

Bodybuilding involves lifting weights, but the goal is aesthetic, not a performance goal. The competition is about who has the most pleasing physique, not who is the strongest or fastest.

Isn’t ‘weightlifting’ just lifting weights?

Technically, weightlifting is the sport of the snatch and the clean & jerk. However most people use ‘weightlifting’ as a generic term to mean any lifting of a weight. So those involved in the sport of weightlifting have taken to referring to it as olympic weightlifting or even olympic lifting, as it is the only weight lifting sport that features in the Olympics.

Both the routines I posted were intended for bodybuilding .

There can be different views of different people on these topics like here is one by a guy named Matthew

"bodybuilding = focus on aesthetics and size. strength gains are for the purpose of progressive overload for hypertrophy

powerlifting = focus on strength. size gains are for the purpose of lifting heavier weights

weightlifting = what you do when you're in the gym

imo bodybuilding and powerlifting overlap in many respects, but are entirely different sports. sort of how a figure skater and a hockey player (not saying either sport is like figure skating) both need strong ice skating fundamentals, but compete in completely different activities."

Q3What does this workout aim to improve - strength, size, speed, agility, flexibility?

Ans 3 These all are somewhat very different from each other, each of these qualities can involve different set of exercises.

The two routines I posted were intended for an overall fitness. If you do heavy weights your size and strength increase.While if wight lighter weight and more repetetions, it can improve speed and agility.

however for flexibility , speed ,agility a totally different apprach can be taken if you are not concerned with strength and size.

Q4 Why does this work for absolute beginners?

Ans 4 This is just a step by step guide to let them know the procedure.

To be honest its all about your determination , you can go in a gym and any trainer for starting exercises and one month schedule. As that post above said there is no particular routine for anyone, you can adapt yourself with time for what suits your body more.

Q5 Is it exclusive - that is, will it work for an expert, why or why not?

Ans5 If he is already and expert, why does he need all this. He know which exercises to do and all. If someone is lifting weights and doing exercise regularly it will effect their body no matter they are an expert or a beginner.

Q6 In how much time I expect to see results? How can I track my progress using this routine?

How do I know I am improving using this routine ?

Ans6 With the work outs I posted you can expect to see results in a month, if you follow them seriously.

To track your progress you can.

1. take regular pictures of you, stand in bathrobe in front of mirror lol.

2 Take measurements – Go to a craft store and buy a cheap tape measure or buy one of these self-help tape measures. Make sure your measurements are taken in the morning and not after your workout.

3. Measure your body fat percentage

4. Track your food

My brother (true in reality ) has started working out few months ago , he keep asking me if there is any change. Yes there is I tell him everytime, we always match it with his old pics .The difference is clear his cheeks are a bit flat now and weight loss obviously.

Continue.......
You copy-past posts are just not right. And just because of this approach, 95% of pople train with either bro-science approach, or "wtf-are-you-doing".
That's how scam fitness businesses run. If you don't know what you talk about - don't even touch the subject.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Please research me a business idea worth min. $1M profit / year with no competition and low amount of work required. Reward: $10 rep. Thanks.

Not possible bro, even if an idea is created you will have to work hard to implement.

or put 15 mil $ in a bank and get 1mil$ as interest ,(acc to interest rates there )

Last edited:

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
You copy-past posts are just not right. And just because of this approach, 95% of pople train with either bro-science approach, or "wtf-are-you-doing".
That's how scam fitness businesses run. If you don't know what you talk about - don't even touch the subject.

I agree first two posts are copy paste of articles that provide data for beginners. But third one just answer all the questions of @IrishSpring600 genuinely. Which involved searching different terms separately, I had to even talk to my friend and brother ( gym guys) for confirmation.
Yeah nowadays you can provide info about anything, and thats how scam fitness industry runs with no real knowledge.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I have another...

Create a post that we can point newbies (I'm not pointing at you) that ask dumb questions to. One with the best threads to read here and why they should be required reading.

Hint, you can start with the link to the first 3 chapters of the book and the FAQ Thread.

This would be valuable for both the newbies and the veterans.

I expect this to take you a while.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Shouldn't your time be better spent building a needed/wanted product or service that can make you money? That'll keep you busy for a few years...
i mean.. you know.. just my opinion dude...

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Your service already exists and I get instant results - www.google.com

If you answered theag's question, you would have won the internet today.

Yes it already exists but still I see people posting about 1000's of jobs for research on upwork.com .I am just trying to create a good rapport with people here.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Shouldn't your time be better spent building a needed/wanted product or service that can make you money? That'll keep you busy for a few years...
i mean.. you know.. just my opinion dude...
yeah I am working on that side by side .

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Create a heat map of North American metal fabrication shops with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 10 technical schools in North America.

Create a heat map of North American engineering consulting firms with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 50 engineering schools in North America.

PM me with links and references.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm in massive pain reading this.
Nobody needs literally free services because that's not sustainable in the long run. People need high quality for a price they can afford. That is more sustainable and makes both parties comfortable if you know how to negotiate and create a good report.
You should create a portfolio of your best works that clearly demonstrates the quality (read value) that you offer.

Offering $0 service can be one way to build a portfolio but usually just because of your effort and the $0 price, people's testimonials will be extra nice, not really reflecting their opinion.

I would rather accept a deal such as "pay this comparatively small fee only after you are fully satisfied", than "take this free shit" every time. It creates more trust instantly.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Create a heat map of North American metal fabrication shops with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 10 technical schools in North America.

Create a heat map of North American engineering consulting firms with data less than 10 years old.
Overlay a dot map of the top 50 engineering schools in North America.

PM me with links and references.
Ok 48 hours for that ( handling other tasks too )

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
I'm in massive pain reading this.
Nobody needs literally free services because that's not sustainable in the long run. People need high quality for a price they can afford. That is more sustainable and makes both parties comfortable if you know how to negotiate and create a good report.
You should create a portfolio of your best works that clearly demonstrates the quality (read value) that you offer.

Offering $0 service can be one way to build a portfolio but usually just because of your effort and the $0 price, people's testimonials will be extra nice, not really reflecting their opinion.

I would rather accept a deal such as "pay this comparatively small fee only after you are fully satisfied", than "take this free shit" every time. It creates more trust instantly.

Whose talking about long run ;)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Here ya go. That's why I prefer upfront transparence and quality over "free stuff" and wondering what "will he ask for next"?

I am just providing free honest research service as long as I find it ok and have time.
Whats the issue ?

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Alright, I've got one for you.

Can you find me a database of all medications available for sale in Australia, including basic descriptions (one or two sentences is fine) and pictures of them in a consistent format (e.g. picture of one pill, picture of liquid in medicine cup etc.)?

I'll also need the same for the US and the UK... but that can come later. Thanks.

D

Deleted21704

Sounds like OP could benefit from reading Free by Chris Anderson. Lots of insights on pricing and customer psychology, particularly in today's market where abundance is cheap and often even...free.

I had a similar experience as OP this week, but in reverse. I put a BUY button on my new app before I should have. Luckily, the service was so compelling that people still expressed interest, but my conversion rate skyrocketed after making the service free.

Did making the service free devalue it? No, because my users already expected this service to be free anyway. The onus is now on me to figure out where more value can be added to justify an exchange of money.

The book made it very clear why I was wrong at first, and why OP may not be getting the best results here. We had opposite problems, but for the same reasons.

Also, since you're trying to provide research services, you remind me of a conversation I recently had with a friend from the investment research world. Such services cost thousands per month. Many hedge funds subscribe. But it's not so much the research they're paying for, but the direct phone line to the analysts doing the research...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Thanks @shubham525 for spending some time looking into my request. I've just PM'd you some further information clarifying my requirements.

Ryan D.

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 20, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I've got something. Pm me.

As the guy below me mentioned.... I'm willing to pay.

I respect the drive/attitude.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.