The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched new service need some feedback.

DonaldDuck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 20, 2013
Hey,

Just launched my brand new service and looking for some feedback.

proofreading service

Any comments are welcome.

I planning to launch 5 more this year just in different niches so if anyone would be interested to join me let me know.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Honestly, first impressions: 1) The table of services - why include 'available in real time' if the answer to all is no - I'd avoid using 'no' when describing your services wherever possible

2) the logos at the bottom of the page needs 'previous customers' or similar otherwise it looks like random name dumping - I assume they're genuine customers? If so placing them next to anonymous referrals doesn't ring true

3) the referrals don't give the impression of being genuine due to the generic titles.

4) Shouldn't 'some of our customers feedback' read some of our customers' feedback? (apologies if not correct but I beleive it is, plural, possessive) - a simple thing but critical if you're selling a service that aims to correct literary documents..

PranayaG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 26, 2014
New York
Here are some of my suggestions from a quick overview:
  • Remove "Sign Up" link from the top. Noone wants to sign up to anything. Change it o "Get Started" and take them through onboarding process - i.e.:
    • step 1: ask them to upload a document
    • step 2, 3... : price, confirmation, account etc.
    • show progress bar as this happens
      • Wait, You already do this here. Just link the "Get Started" button I mentioned above to this link as well.
  • Use of https - great for business, builds trust
  • Create some sample "Before" and "After" documents or case studies
  • Get rid of "Available in real time?" column under "pricing". All of your options are "NO" - so what's the point of showing them?
  • Is your delivery time 24 hours for 'any' length of document or website? It's not clear.
  • Change your logo to something readable. You can even use many DIY online tools to create a quick and decent looking text logo. At the least you should capitalize key letters for readability - e.g.: ProofReadingService.net instead of PROOFREADINGSERVICE.NET

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Our services are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Our editors and proofreaders work on your documents from Monday to Saturday.

This seems contradictory to me. 7 days a week, Monday to Saturday? Or am I misunderstanding something here? if I am, I imagine I'm not the only one.

And as with the above posts, I would remove the "Available in real time" until you are at a point where this can be offered.

All content transferred between your computer and https://proofreadingservice.net are encrypted by 256-bit SSL encryption technology.

And yet my current session to the site is using 128-bit AES, and the site even supports some 112-bit cipher suites, SSLv3, and multiple other weak or known-vulnerable configurations.

Last edited:

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
this seems like a service that would be of great use to me in the future

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just a quick comment, your tagline:

We will fix all grammatical and spelling errors and edit your content if necessary.

"if necessary", ironically enough, isn't necessary. If someone is browsing your site, they already think they need someone to proof-read their stuff.

If you want to be more brutal, that also means "edit your content" is also not necessary, because once again, who's content would you be editing, if not the user's.

Therefore you could get a much snappier tagline down to:

We will fix all your grammatical and spelling errors.

DonaldDuck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 20, 2013
Thanks to everyone who took a time and wrote a feedback, all your suggestions are implemented.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Even snappier tag line?

"We fix grammatical and spelling errors."

or maybe:

"Get all your grammatical and spelling errors fixed."

Grammatical or Grammar? (Genuine question, I don't know if grammar works in there just as well and is technically correct.)

On my phone it's hard to tell which images/icons relate to which paragraph. Is it for the paragraph above, or the paragraph below?

What would it look like if you didn't have the image before each of "Top Quality", Fair Pricing", "Fast Delivery" ?

Also, not a big fan of rotating headlines. You're relying on a business person to wait for the third headline before it's relevant to them.

What if English wasn't my second language? Should I not use your service?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.