The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hur dur dur “give value and you’ll become rich”

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
It can’t be that simple, yet it F*cking is. I’ve searched night and day for the holy grail. I’ve read about nearly everything and tried a few things. After two years of searching, I’ve realized that everything I know can be summed up in that one sentence. I might not want to believe it, but it’s true. You have to give something before you receive. END OF STORY. Stop looking for the holy grail. There is none. If there is a secret to becoming wealthy it is providing the world with something it needs and delivering it.

Seriously, this is all you need to know about life. If you don’t fill another person’s need then you are useless to that person. No one F*cking cares about your dreams. No one F*cking cares how many books you read. No one F*cking cares about your thoughts. All that matters is do you produce results that the rest of the world gives a shit about?

I haven’t been on this forum in a while and just taking 10 seconds to browse the recent posts pisses me off. Reading another article on entrepeneur.com isn’t going to make a difference. Reading another book isn’t going to do jack shit. Just F*ckING DO IT MAN.

But you see, the hard part isn’t realizing this fact, it’s doing all the work that comes after.

TLDR: Give value like every successful person says on this forum says even though 99% of us don’t follow it. The holy grail is you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It can’t be that simple, yet it F*cking is. I’ve searched night and day for the holy grail. I’ve read about nearly everything and tried a few things. After two years of searching, I’ve realized that everything I know can be summed up in that one sentence. I might not want to believe it, but it’s true. You have to give something before you receive. END OF STORY. Stop looking for the holy grail. There is none. If there is a secret to becoming wealthy it is providing the world with something it needs and delivering it.

Seriously, this is all you need to know about life. If you don’t fill another person’s need then you are useless to that person. No one F*cking cares about your dreams. No one F*cking cares how many books you read. No one F*cking cares about your thoughts. All that matters is do you produce results that the rest of the world gives a shit about?

I haven’t been on this forum in a while and just taking 10 seconds to browse the recent posts pisses me off. Reading another article on entrepeneur.com isn’t going to make a difference. Reading another book isn’t going to do jack shit. Just F*ckING DO IT MAN.

But you see, the hard part isn’t realizing this fact, it’s doing all the work that comes after.

TLDR: Give value like every successful person says on this forum says even though 99% of us don’t follow it. The holy grail is you.
Sounds like you just had one of those "Aha!" moments....Something you've been hearing for years and years, seeing that it made sense...but then it finally clicked where you had perfect clarity in how powerful it really is!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What you do next may be the most important thing you have ever done. Will you go back into the mental masturbation loop or will you take action??

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Stop looking for the holy grail. There is none.

But there is a holy grail and you just mentioned it. Value. The problem is the holy grail can't be ordered from Amazon, isn't found on a beach or in front of a TV, and it isn't found in the well-worn pages of Alibaba. It's found on a long journey of hard work, obstacles, learning, self-discovery-- a journey that so few are willing to make.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
But there is a holy grail and you just mentioned it. Value. The problem is the holy grail can't be ordered from Amazon, isn't found on a beach or in front of a TV, and it isn't found in the well-worn pages of Alibaba. It's found on a long journey of hard work, obstacles, learning, self-discovery-- a journey that so few are willing to make.

It is a hard, hard journey and it will nearly batter you into the ground on the way. Biggest lesson for me on this journey. Embrace the scratches, bruises and most of all those deep wounds that feel like they're never going to stop bleeding... because it is taking pride in those scars and not trying to hide them that will give the power to keep on driving forward.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I'll agree that people love to over-complicate things and that the rubber does need to hit the road, but I also have found that reading those articles and books can be helpful in getting some ideas to click for you, as well as teaching you some new tricks on getting the rubber going. Last night, I attended a free session on starting a new business, and while the presenter didn't say anything I haven't heard before, he did give what I found to be useful way to generate and test ideas. Definitely need to balance out learning with action.

Shredder83

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 16, 2015

If you read the @MJ DeMarco 's book, you will discover just that: "To become a millionaire, help one million people."

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014

I agree with a lot of what you said, but the above quoted not so much.

I'm finding with myself, and the immediate circle of friends that I have, that one of the hardest parts is in-fact realizing this truth.

You may have heard it a million times from a thousand different people, but that doesn't mean you "realize" this as truth, deep down inside of you.

Enough for you to push aside the creature comforts of life that your family/friends/society push you towards (damn it, you deserve it!) and instead focus fully on an unbridled work ethic. How can you push that hard against the current, over the long-term marathon that this is, without a deep, fundamental, visceral understanding of this truth?

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
Yes you provide value, but value can be very very abstract. Also most of our purchased aren't exactly needs but rather wants

EDIT: abstract isn't the right word.. maybe vague

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yes you provide value, but value can be very very abstract. Also most of our purchased aren't exactly needs but rather wants

Why does any of that matter?

Value is value is value as long as your customers perceive it to be valuable.

It doesn't matter if it's craft beer, a talking children's toy or the status symbol du jour. If the customer based perceives it to be valuable, it is valuable. When it ceases to have value, it vanishes.

At one point a pet rock had huge perceived value. The fact that it was a very abstract form of value didn't change his tremendous bank account by the end of that fad.

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014

Bullshit.

Why does any of that matter?

^^^This

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011

EDIT: abstract isn't the right word.. maybe vague
I agree with this. We live in a consumption society. Where people want the new thing, just because it's the new thing. So value is not always value but brainwashing people to believe they need things they don't need. Last year I got my first smart phone because the battery shut down on my 3310 Nokia.

I sold my wide screen computer monitor a few years ago to get one big a$$ old a$$ screen.

I just like the old ones more.

No... value is not always value because people believe it is valuable. It's the same as religion. People believe their religious belief is the truth. While not one of them are truer than another.

But in this case it's brainwashing certain people to become mega consumers. With media telling us to get the latest thing this and that.

I'm specfically talking about mobile phones and gadgets and shit that people seems to never get too many of.

It's all PR, marketing and advertising that controls many of us.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
In other words, perception is reality. Control perception, control reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
You mean like all those Get-Rich-Quick-Scams you can find on the Internet?

Some times people believe they get something out of totally worthless products too. LIke looking up to some washed up motivational speaker. It's not that they are less intelligent. It's just that they are less educational and may not run on critical thinking yet. Or may lack any sort of direction on what standards to look for. (Sort of like MFL against AVERAGE JUNK BOOK, if you've only read average junk books, you may think they are all great...)

When you've been burned by MLM's and get rich quick junk a few times. Most people I believe involve their brain into critical thinking mode.

That's what happened to me.

Last edited:

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
But... but... reading business books makes me feel so accomplished! Putting in the hours and doing the work isn't sexy. I'd much rather talk business than do business! :(

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Yes you provide value, but value can be very very abstract.
Agree, it is often easy to say provide "value", if it were that simple and obvious I am sure we would all be where we want. It is trying to understand what is value in a practical and actionable sense. I find the best way for me to understand value is to look at other successful business ideas and model from them. It certainly is a challenge.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

I'm waiting to see what are you going to do now. Big Brother is watching you ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.