The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dating & Girlfriend

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Attractive single women in their 30s are "probably" (more often than not) the divorcees of wealthy men.

They have become accustomed to living a certain lifestyle ...

Even otherwise .... Hot ... 30s ... And NO kids ...?

A woman like that KNOWS her market value. She would be a fool not to leverage that.

If you don't pay for the $3k purse ... Someone else will ... And she knows it.

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds Fastlane to me.

Here is a suggestion: Start dating single mothers. Single mothers (as a group) as going to be far more practical ... And family oriented.

Another suggestion: Get out of the City. You are not going to find "Down to Earth" in NYC. Spend part of the year living somewhere rural. Maybe the Carolinas (or something. Like that). If you want down to Earth ... A metropolis is not where I would start looking.

Dating and women are not something I would ever give up. In my humble opinion ... That is the whole point. Life is best shared.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Minus a few dates and one night stands; I have been single for about 2 years.
Although, I feel ready to meet "the one"; I know that there is a lot more work I need to do on myself in order to attract the type of calibre i'm looking for.
I have dated and spent a fair amount of time with low value women and I can honestly say, its not worth the time or hassle.
I am only going for high quality women.

I now 33 years old, with no kids and I have had a vasectomy so its hard dating in my 30`s because I am looking for women with no kids and does not want them.
Also finding women without kids is hard; nigh on impossible.
Most are single mothers, which I refuse to date, unless they have got their shit sorted.

I'd suggest on staying single and doing the things you enjoy.
If "the one" doesn't come, at least you are doing what you enjoy.
Also, work on yourself to be complete, this will make you more appealing.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
From what i read i really think you should date more, have more life experience it will give you more tools to undrstand the complexity that is human relationships.

Second, i think you should see beyond what a girl tells you on dates, you should scratch the surface and really discover who she is beyond the bling, beyond the looks, beyond all kind of filters by asking the right questions .

I find the fact that you judge these girls by the price of their purses very imature and i might add boyish ..... Imagine if a girl asks YOU the price of your suit and judges you because it's not expensive enough or too expensive ..... I call that shallow thinking which results in very superficial relationships

Last edited:

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
From what i read i really think you should date more, have more life experience it will give you more tools to undrstand the complexity that is human relationships.

Second, i think you should see beyond what a girl tells you on dates, you should scratch the surface and really discover who she is beyond the bling, beyond the looks, beyond all kind of filters by asking the right questions .

I find the fact that you judge these girls by the price of their purses very imature and i might add a boyish attitude...... Imagine if a girl asks YOU the price of your suit and judge you because it's not expensive enough or too expensive ..... I call that shallow thinking which results in very superficial relationships

Agreed!
I always ask dates on their family life.

You can find out A LOT about a person judged on how they treat their family.
People can be false for an hour, a week or even a year but they cant fake a lifetime.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
A personal relationship is no different than a business relationship.

Asking why I can't get the kind of girl I want ... often ... is no different than an entrepreneur asking ... why can't I get the investors I want ...?

Well ... what do you bring to the table ...? Maybe you are asking for more than ... what you have to offer in exchange ...?

People ... just like businesses ... have a (metaphorical) fair market value.

There has to be an equal exchange of value.

Another thought:

On one hand ... you want a long-term relationship ... but on the other ... it sounds like you a laser focused on your business.

Might that be part of the problem ...?

No one wants to date a Limited Liability Company. If you are putting all of your time and effort into your business ... and giving "her" whatever happens to be left over or convenient ... I could see where that might be problematic.

Ultimately ... your inability to find the right match is not "their" fault ... it's yours. You have to hold yourself accountable ... figure out what you are doing wrong ... and fix it.

Or ... you could just give up.

Just like most wanna-be entrepreneurs do when the going gets tough ... they throw their hands up in the air ... give up ... and seek out a regular 9-5 job.

You didn't grow your business by giving up.

You will not acquire the relationship you are looking for ... by giving up.

No different.

You have to give it the same level of commitment.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
A personal relationship is no different than a business relationship.

Asking why I can't get the kind of girl I want ... often ... is no different than an entrepreneur asking ... why can't I get the investors I want ...?

Well ... what do you bring to the table ...? Maybe you are asking for more than ... what you have to offer in exchange ...?

People ... just like businesses ... have a (metaphorical) fair market value.

There has to be an equal exchange of value.

Another thought:

On one hand ... you want a long-term relationship ... but on the other ... it sounds like you a laser focused on your business.

Might that be part of the problem ...?

No one wants to date a Limited Liability Company. If you are putting all of your time and effort into your business ... and giving "her" whatever happens to be left over or convenient ... I could see where that might be problematic.

Ultimately ... your inability to find the right match is not "their" fault ... it's yours. You have to hold yourself accountable ... figure out what you are doing wrong ... and fix it.

Or ... you could just give up.

Just like most wanna-be entrepreneurs do when the going gets tough ... they throw their hands up in the air ... give up ... and seek out a regular 9-5 job.

You didn't grow your business by giving up.

You will not acquire the relationship you are looking for ... by giving up.

No different.

You have to give it the same level of commitment.

I agree, accountability is key here.

I think peoples perceived market value is normally different than their real market value.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
DreamsCameTrue,

I am surprised you believe women are so adaptable.

He is right. This maybe should be the biggest takeaway here.

We are all affected by people in our lives, and we affect them too.

And I don't think (@DreamsCameTrue correct me if I'm wrong) he meant it in context of
changing her personality traits, but more in the context of
having her "playing for your team", accepting your reality and becoming a part of it.

Adapting to a new way of life. Your way.

Liking you and your dreams and wanting to become a part of them.

The second reason it's a drag is because I have to interact with side walkers and slowlaners and I feel like listening to their view points can unconsciously erode at my mindset.

For this very reason I don't like to even talk about business with slowlaners. But if you want her to play on your team, teach her, show her there's a better way, argue her points, and give it a bit of time too.

The positive in all this is I am getting frustrated to the point where I am considering behaviors such as approaching girls in public as something that is worth the potential embarrassment and rejection.

Wrong mindset.

If you act like a gentleman, how can someone else embarrass you? Do you think women will scream at you for saying "hi"? Most of the time it's flattering to them, and it's respected by other guys who can't do it - as well as those who can.

Also, there is no rejection. You don't "apply" anywhere, so you can't be rejected. You simply approach, intrigued by woman's looks, and interested to find out more, if possible. If she's open to it, fine. If she's not, fine, move on.

Regarding dating, it's your mindset that needs change, not the particular technique of meeting, so I think street approaches at this point wouldn't do you any good.

My suggestion - befriend guys who are great with women. Go out with them. Have fun. Talk to them, ask them anything you're curious about. Soon enough your views will change a lot.

Or get a proven dating coach to work with you. Or both.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
I actually liked this girl because she was very smiley, smart, feminine, attractive and could argue her points well but decided not call her back because I don't want to date someone who doesn't have strong maternal instincts and sees children as a burden to her creativity and self expression.

I think I made the right choice here. Thoughts?
NO, ( good ) mothers (and fathers for that matter ) are made not born.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Most are single mothers, which I refuse to date
the single mother that i am wants to tell you to go f...ck yourself but since i am a nice lady here a zen official reply ( insert fake smile here) :
Judging people from their social status, color, race, religion is bad. You have every right to want to date whomever you want, just dont spill your venim close enough that i can read it.
Statements like these can be hurtful to others, keep your opinion private.
Imagine if i replace single mothers with : black, jewish, ....gingers ( which i refuse to date :)...you get my point.

Last edited:

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Yea kinda crazy how some women think makes me lol but I would look around other places for sure, find someone on your level. Also rsdnation the owner Owen has some vids on stuff like this could check him out I like him :)

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
DreamsCameTrue,

I am surprised you believe women are so adaptable. I basically go in with the belief that people don't generally change. They can act / pretend for several months but then their true nature will eventually come out and they will bounce back to their original being and values. Brian Tracy says if people change consider that a miracle. https://www.facebook.com/BrianTracyPage/posts/10150439236973460

I went out with a girl last month who I liked, however, during our first date she disclosed that when she hears that one of her friends is pregnant internally she thinks "well her life is officially over" and cringes inside a bit. I asked her why did the matchmaker introduce us then and her response was basically "I might want to have children eventually." I told her how I ended a brief courtship because the girl had very high financial expectations $3K purses, $400 dollar shoes, luxury car etc... I then asked her how much are your purses and she responded with "do you really want to ask me that?" with a smile implying that she probably has $1K + purses as well.

I actually liked this girl because she was very smiley, smart, feminine, attractive and could argue her points well but decided not call her back because I don't want to date someone who doesn't have strong maternal instincts and sees children as a burden to her creativity and self expression.

I think I made the right choice here. Thoughts?

Thanks
Yes I think women are very adaptable. Once they fall in love, they have this whole "stand by your man" mentality. IMO women tend to be quite loyal and willing to sacrifice once they have that emotion of attraction and love.

The dates you are describing sound horrific to me. It sounds more like a business meeting than a date. You're never gonna get sparks to fly when both of you are just going up and down a checklist of likes/dislikes. I can't blame you tho, this is what our society tells us to do.

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Attractive single women in their 30s are "probably" (more often than not) the divorcees of wealthy men.

They have become accustomed to living a certain lifestyle ...

Even otherwise .... Hot ... 30s ... And NO kids ...?

A woman like that KNOWS her market value. She would be a fool not to leverage that.

If you don't pay for the $3k purse ... Someone else will ... And she knows it.

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds Fastlane to me.

Here is a suggestion: Start dating single mothers. Single mothers (as a group) as going to be far more practical ... And family oriented.

Another suggestion: Get out of the City. You are not going to find "Down to Earth" in NYC. Spend part of the year living somewhere rural. Maybe the Carolinas (or something. Like that). If you want down to Earth ... A metropolis is not where I would start looking.

Dating and women are not something I would ever give up. In my humble opinion ... That is the whole point. Life is best shared.

I gotta disagree with you on this one.

This hunt for the 3K purse leaves women dissatisfied. They have some guys who they try to get money from, other guys who they care about, and then another group is the guys they like to have their sexual fun with. Which group do you want to be in??? Don't ever enter the 3K purse club, because you can only be in one of these groups at a time. When you buy the 3K purse, you exit the sexual fun club.

There's also high integrity women who are independent and have no interest in guys who try to buy their love with purses and shoes. I would say 90% of women find it unappealing when a man tries to lead with money. It's an INSTANT DEAL-BREAKER for the majority of young attractive women, especially women under 25. It makes the super uncomfortable. Then it's game over.

Also, the city areas are the greatest place to be. There's load and loads of attractive interesting women. Plenty of family oriented women. It's a all out feast of any type of woman your heart desires.

G

GuestUser202

I am in the opposite predicament...the woman I am dating makes WAY more than I do. Sometimes, It's hard for both of us to understand each other on financial level. Meeting her (online and VERY long distance) was essentially a coincident...an act of God if you will. We met on an online dating site. I had given up on finding love, let alone love with the woman of my dreams. She too had given up, but decided to try the online site on last time. By giving up, I mean emotionally...I gave up and really just wanted companionship. Well, she signed up for the site and "liked" me. I had a free member, so I couldn't see those that clicked "Like" on my profile. BUT...one day, I received notification that I were to receive a 7 day free trial for their paid member, so of course I took advantage of it! And there she was. I had like 50 " likes", but she stood out like no other. It's been rough at times, but we are still fighting the odds and neither of us are looking back.

Point is stop looking for love. Just go out, do the things you like to do, have fun and don't stress out about finding love. It will happen when and where you least expect it. I too suffer from approaching women face to face, so I understand where you are coming from. But if you approach a woman and talk with the expectation of just having a good conversation, the pressure is gone! I can flirt like crazy at work on the phone, but in real life, its more about how's the weather and crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
As for dating single moms, GENERALLY, they don't have their shit together. That's why they are single. And no, it's not because they dated rich guys. It's because (most likely) the guy cheated, she found and left. Single moms have on thing on their brains...who's going to take of the kids the best...not just financially, but emotionally and spiritually and physically and every other way. Ask me how I know. Women in general just seem to be in a completely different state all the time. It's not necessarily a bad thing...it's just foreign to us and we need time to adjust.

Disgusting opinion ...I am not going to waste time arguing, I have a business to build, a son to raise ...and a hot date to get ready for;)
NB though to any single mom who reads this crap : DO NOT let it get to you.

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
Also once I get into serious coding /development mode I pretty much don't think about anything else; my social skills drop and it's difficult for me to switch from my developer hat to my socially savvy hat.

I've experienced the exact same thing. Coding and socializing definitely appear to be antagonistic skills.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Since you're already down about dating from your bad experiences, I'd say focus on your business. Do what works, don't waste time dating untill you are where you want to be financially. As a man, you can be in your 40's and still be good to marry and have kids. Hell I know a man in his 70's now who married a woman in her 20's and they have a bunch of kids together. It's good you want a family but there is no rush.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
I'm gonna say what I always say on these threads:

Go find a place where you can talk about this without the 1001 and inhibitions that the Fastlane Forum will place on you. The Fastlane Forum is not good at having candid conversations about relationships.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Disgusting opinion ...I am not going to waste time arguing, I have a business to build, a son to raise ...and a hot date to get ready for;)
NB though to any single mom who reads this crap : DO NOT let it get to you.

I would agree with you there. The ignorance of some people. :)

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I decided to hang in there a bit longer. I will be seeing Porsche girl this week and I will be calling a new girl tonight. If nothing develops with these two girls I will then take a break from dating and focus on my business.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
the single mother that i am wants to tell you to go f...ck yourself but since i am a nice lady here a zen official reply ( insert fake smile here) :
Judging people from their social status, color, race, religion is bad. You have every right to want to date whomever you want, just dont spill your venim close enough that i can read it.
Statements like these can be hurtful to others, keep your opinion private.
Imagine if i replace single mothers with : black, jewish, ....gingers ( which i refuse to date :)...you get my point.

You're more than entitled to tell me to go f*ck myself, its not likely to effect me; my point still stands.

All I said was "I refuse to date single mothers unless they have their sh*t sorted"
Nothing venomous with that and it wasn't aimed at you personally.
Its a judgement based on my experience and it also extends to any woman who I date regardless of race or religion.

Or perhaps I should just date a broke a$$ single mother so I can be politically correct because according to you, I cant judge anyone who I date.

My life, my opinion.. get over it

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Quotation-Khaled-Hosseini-people-mean-Meetville-Quotes-124585.jpg

Change

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Mar 15, 2015
It's not unusual for me to hear that they buy $3k purses yet their salary is $60K or they want a Porsche Cayenne as their next vehicle yet they make under 6 figures.

Hmm. To hear they buy 3k$ purses is one thing, to see them do so is another. Someone I am with, is finishing college, as am I. Makes 2-3k$ a month as a waitress... working 3 days a week.

Impeccably smart, intuitive, dedicated, determined, proactive, once she says she will do something, she gets it done. Confidence is great, always looks at the positives, weighs the negatives. The most beautiful women I have ever been with, I would say, when we go out, all eyes are on us.

Her mindset- get a job in accounting, save/gain experience, and start her own practice. (I introduced The Millionaire Fastlane to her, she read the book every night in bed before heading to sleep).

She has been on her own since 18 years old, was working from age 16. Mother died, father got married to another. Step mother didn't like her. (Lead to her perseverance, and taking "action" at all times/her being independent).

Her shopping habits- NOW this is the killer...

Buys 200-300$ red shoes for Valentines day. Dresses of a few hundred dollars each, a number of them during the summer. She has more money saved than 99.99% my age- and certainly has saved MORE money than plenty of people making a lot more than her. Bought a new car, Jeep Grand Cherokee 46k$, never misses payments, always has $, is 100% independent, great at money management, definitely a women who gets ahead all on her own accord.

--------------
You set varying limitations on what can and cannot be done by women. I would have never expected someone making 2-3k$ a month could be soo darn happy and live as she does. I would marry her. But can't just pop the question can we? You need to play the game.

She wants a Maserati, wants a home on the Californian cliffs. Will she get it, where she is right now? No. Is she working towards a plan? You bet.

You base your assumptions on ones mindset and goals on just a date, or a few. You want marriage, a long term relationship- yet THEY must be "perfect" in your eyes, YET you do not perhaps make yourself available to meet the plenty of women that can be just what you are looking for.

Here is my take on this- and from experience- A women on the first few dates or for a month or so, is still on her guard, still making herself the best she can be to the suitor. It will take more time to get to know the women you have on your hands.

You want to narrow down what you want in women to 3-4 different things. And then, "test" the women out for those qualities.
Ex. willingness/openness to change/new ideas/teachability/willing to learn.... this shows you can mend* her mindset/change it towards what you want

I can't tell you everything, but you understand the point. If a women is receptive to change, she can change for the better.

I think what I said is somewhat helpful, if not- at least understand that you need to go out there with 3-4 things in mind to look for, and test a women for.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Last year my income was $150K and my goal for this year is $250K.
$3k purses

I gotta say, dude, I really don't think it's such a big deal to buy a girl a luxury purse when you're making six-figures a year. I'm assuming you want to find a girl with class who's maybe a little more used to the finer things in life right? Maybe it's time to embrace the feminine side just a little bit more.

MEAH

Lost Without A Map
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2015
I know so many guys who just totally gave up on women and are now just trying to live their lives just being happy and enjoying everything else life has to offer.

thunder_god

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 20, 2015
1. Go hit the gym and get jacked and ripped
2. Go and get a wardrobe overhaul if your fashion sense sucks
3. Go take some interesting hobbies that you enjoy (guaranteed you will meet women there and make your life more interesting and give you plenty of things to talk about with women!)
4. Start talking to everyone you see including men (This will come in handle when you get approach anxiety)
5. You can start hitting up bars and clubs to meet women (although I'm not a fan of this as most women are just looking for attention or low quality)
6. Start approaching women and talking to them.

Do #6 on a consistent basis and I guarantee you that you will start getting dates. Most guys are too much of pu$$y to do #5 and you will knock out 99% of the competition just by doing that.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hi Members,

I wanted advice on girlfriends and achieving financial independence (freedom). I read MJ's book 2.5 years ago and since then I created a niche software product that has been well received. Last year my income was $150K and my goal for this year is $250K. I am currently 37 years old and I do want to have a family. I decided to start dating again after a 2 year hiatus around 6 months ago with the intention of meeting my wife.

What I am encountering though has me frustrated. Most single women without children in their early to mid 30s in my area appear to have very high expectations. It's not unusual for me to hear that they buy $3k purses yet their salary is $60K or they want a Porsche Cayenne as their next vehicle yet they make under 6 figures. This just boggles my mind as these are intelligent, attractive women yet they just can't delay gratification and think like Side Walkers at times.

My focus right now is to keep growing my business, invest my money and reach financial independence but I thought sharing my life with someone would enhance my life experience. Instead I am finding dating to be a huge drag on my focus, energy and mindset.

I am starting to consider calling it quits on dating and taking a 6 month break as I feel dating is interfering with my productivity and mindset, yet I do feel if I met the right girl she could be a huge asset for inspiration and sometimes much needed relaxation.

In the end my aspiration for financial independence (freedom) slightly supersedes my desire for a relationship and a family but I don’t want to miss the boat on having a family and according to even MJ the definition of wealth = Relationships & Family, Health and Freedom.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Well this could turn into an argument, but I believe in a level of gender roles. Without everything in its proper place, it leaves room for disaster. What it really boils down to, in my extensive research ;), that feminist women are not good wife material. And before people jump my shit... A woman can be extremely intelligent and capable and also not be some feminist that wants to wear the pants, keep her name, control the money, and work some "career" just to prove a point. Men, you should be respected, but you need to be worthy of that respect.

I will lead the household to the best of my ability and expect my wife to support me unless I make radically dumbass decisions.

Best advice I can give you, if a woman you date resembles a feminist in any way... politely look elsewhere.

Now, I can honestly say I have never been truly happy with anyone until I followed a much more biblical path to dating. Opinions may vary on that one, but I have had it both ways and stand by it.

Remember 50% of marriages end... No one thinks it will happen to them... If you want to realistically expect a different result you'll need to do something very different.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

94blackbird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 21, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
In my experience, once i really got serious about finding "The One", I actually quit playing the game. If I was on a dating site, instead of trying some cheesy pick up line, I would open with something along the lines of "Hi, my name is, I messaged you because your profile looked interesting and I want to get to know you better. This is what I'm looking for in a partner, this is what I expect (honesty, truthfulness, loyalty, ect) this is what I am interested in, this is what I'm doing now and this is the general direction I'm headed in my life. Here is a general list of things I won't tolerate (drama, lying, general shiesty-ness, ect.)

I probably messaged 5 women with something along those lines. I only got back one response, which I will never forget. The opening line from the woman who would become my wife 3 years later read: "Congratulations on your good use of grammar and proper sentence structure".
My shift in strategy had worked! Finally a response that wasn't something along the lines of "U look hawt in your dress blues, I can haz be ur gurlfren?"

There is already a lot of great advice in this thread, and here is my .02 cents. If you aren't having any luck with your current method, try a new method. I quit trying to be the suave smooth talker (that wasn't attracting the kind of women I was looking for) and started putting myself out there as a confident alpha type with no time for games, bullshit or drama, take me as I am or leave me the hell alone. If they are interested, the smooth talking and wooing can commence. At least that was my strategy, and it netted me a smart a$$ who is at least as smart if not a little smarter than me, who is driven to excel in everything she does, who I am extremely attracted to and want to make babies with, and who is just generally a big spicy bottle of awesome sauce.

OP, from the sound of your posts, I would have to imagine that your dates have been just as disappointed in you as you have been in them. The fact that you continually bring up that they talk about expensive purses and cars, and that you grill them about their expensive tastes, screams to me miserly penny pincher, and I'm sure that they are getting the same vibe as well. While I'm certainly not advocating by any means to go out and blow every last penny (Which I know you would never do, you've already said as much), Women like to know that they will be spoiled every now and then. It doesn't have to be extravagant or expensive. Most of the time the fact that you went out of your way to do something sweet or special is enough. You ever stop to think that by mentioning those expensive things, they might be testing you? Love and relationships are not a one way street. Your dates will be judging you just as much as you judge them. Just based off what I have seen in your posts, I wouldn't want a second date with you, if all you are going to do is complain about expensive purses and the perceived superficiality of everyone else with whom you have been a date on. I may be totally off base here, as I don't and can't have all the details of your discussions on your dates, but I doubt that I am far from the mark. Where you see a money grubbing slowlaner, they might see a penny pinching miser.

One last point. Don't EVER talk about other girls you have been on dates with to the girl you are on a date with. At best it makes her feel like you're just a player, at worst it makes her feel like she's on the stage at some kind of twisted reverse auction where you're the only bidder and she's competing against who only knows how many others. When you are on a date, your attention should be focused on your date and finding out more about your date, not your past failures or conquests. Mentioning other girls on your date is poor form and bad manners.

shedim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 9, 2013
Hi Members,

I wanted advice on girlfriends and achieving financial independence (freedom). I read MJ's book 2.5 years ago and since then I created a niche software product that has been well received. Last year my income was $150K and my goal for this year is $250K. I am currently 37 years old and I do want to have a family. I decided to start dating again after a 2 year hiatus around 6 months ago with the intention of meeting my wife.

What I am encountering though has me frustrated. Most single women without children in their early to mid 30s in my area appear to have very high expectations. It's not unusual for me to hear that they buy $3k purses yet their salary is $60K or they want a Porsche Cayenne as their next vehicle yet they make under 6 figures. This just boggles my mind as these are intelligent, attractive women yet they just can't delay gratification and think like Side Walkers at times.

My focus right now is to keep growing my business, invest my money and reach financial independence but I thought sharing my life with someone would enhance my life experience. Instead I am finding dating to be a huge drag on my focus, energy and mindset.

I am starting to consider calling it quits on dating and taking a 6 month break as I feel dating is interfering with my productivity and mindset, yet I do feel if I met the right girl she could be a huge asset for inspiration and sometimes much needed relaxation.

In the end my aspiration for financial independence (freedom) slightly supersedes my desire for a relationship and a family but I don’t want to miss the boat on having a family and according to even MJ the definition of wealth = Relationships & Family, Health and Freedom.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Hey ions,

you have some great accomplishments already, so your next goal should be a piece of cake. It takes an action-taker and you are definitely one. I happen to be pretty good with women, but I kinda suck with business. Maybe we can help each other out :)

1. Where exactly are you struggling and where do you want to improve? (approaching women, not finding any wife-material...)
2. Where do you meet those sidewalker-women? (street approaches, clubs, social circle, online dating, etc.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.