The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My magazine venture

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
Hello Fastlaners,

This is not a traditional progress thread, more maybe like a brain dump... Please be kind!

So... I love hearing other entrepreneurs' stories, how they started, what they learnt, what their plans are, and I know that others do, too. That's why I started a digital magazine where I interview solopreneurs who are happy to share their stories. Indeed, I am happy to say that our very own @PaulRobert agreed to talk to me about TieMags. Thanks again, Paul!

My magazine is called SoloPursuits, it's a monthly pdf that I sell on my website. The first issue came out on the 1st of August and was positively received by the handful of people that read it.

Other than Paul, it features a lovely lady who sells jewellery on Shopify, a guy who launched his business within three days after getting an idea off reddit and a few more awesome solopreneurs as well as a couple of articles.

What I do is interview down-to-earth people, people that we all can relate to, as opposed to million dollar start-ups from Silicon Valley with their angel investors etc.

If you would like to take a look at the mag, you are more than welcome to download the first issue here.

If you feel extra generous and think you have a good story to tell that you would like to share, just let me know. I'm always looking for material - can't promise much in terms of exposure just yet, but I will do whatever I can to make it worthwhile to you.

I will update this thread from time to time and share my thoughts and bits of progress.

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
Thanks, @Dwight Schrute !

So, one lesson I learnt is that the Control Commandment also extends to things other than businesses or platforms. How many times people promised me an interview and then I never heard back... I simply can't rely on them for content for my magazine. Oh well.

This means that I changed my concept now.

While I still collect stories from solopreneurs, I now use them mainly to build an audience on my website as opposed to charging for a monthly magazine. I'm building my mailing list of interested readers that I can eventually sell other things to, after having built a solid relationship with them first.

This is my first blog post, an interview with a wonderful lady who sells jewelry via Shopify.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
My first business is digital publishing. If you're interested, Shoot me a pm of your first issue and if its quality, I can promote you to my list - not doing much with them lately since I'm full force on my new business.

Coach Shane

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 8, 2015
Hello Fastlaners,

This is not a traditional progress thread, more maybe like a brain dump... Please be kind!

So... I love hearing other entrepreneurs' stories, how they started, what they learnt, what their plans are, and I know that others do, too. That's why I started a digital magazine where I interview solopreneurs who are happy to share their stories. Indeed, I am happy to say that our very own @PaulRobert agreed to talk to me about TieMags. Thanks again, Paul!

My magazine is called SoloPursuits, it's a monthly pdf that I sell on my website. The first issue came out on the 1st of August and was positively received by the handful of people that read it.

Other than Paul, it features a lovely lady who sells jewellery on Shopify, a guy who launched his business within three days after getting an idea off reddit and a few more awesome solopreneurs as well as a couple of articles.

What I do is interview down-to-earth people, people that we all can relate to, as opposed to million dollar start-ups from Silicon Valley with their angel investors etc.

If you would like to take a look at the mag, you are more than welcome to download the first issue here.

If you feel extra generous and think you have a good story to tell that you would like to share, just let me know. I'm always looking for material - can't promise much in terms of exposure just yet, but I will do whatever I can to make it worthwhile to you.

I will update this thread from time to time and share my thoughts and bits of progress.

Thanks for reading!

Pretty good first issue...if you don't mind, some constructive criticism--mind you, IMHO!!

1. more photos--of the entrepreneur, their website, their products...
2. make your links open in a new window
3. ask more specifics--especially about income!! That will give your magazine edge and keep people coming back. MONEY talks!!

Keep going!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Love the concept! This kind of magazine is definitely something that would have me as a customer as I'm really not against the magazine model, but it' so hard to find something that connects with my interests and passions. Gossip mags don't do a thing for me. Design, coding, tech magazines all have something, but not enough to be more than a virtual flick through. A publication like this where I can discover like minded souls AND more than likely learn a heap. Now that's something I can really connect with!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.