The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Need help and possibly some mentorship

pfar54

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 9, 2015
Hi everyone,

This was supposed to be my first post on this forum, but I posted in a wrong thrad. I started reading the fast lane book a while back and joined this site. I then stopped reading partially into it and started learning coding as I thought it may have been the answer to my problems, but as MJ said in the book it takes a long time to learn coding. I have no problem with taking the time to learn it, but I'm just not sure of it is right for me. I designee a couple of decent sites and will probably want to do this for fun or if I can come across a really good idea, I would market it and run with it, but that is TBA.

I just started reading it again and am glad I picked it back up, the reason I stopped last time is because it motivated me I wanted to start going at it that second and I did that.

I am 27 with a girlfriend that I want to propose to, but am so broke I can't even afford a ring and I have a 1.5 year old daughter. My father doesn't even have a high school diploma and my mother passed away a year ago. I have people in my family who are entrepreneurs and are very successful. Most of there success came from my grandparents who had a decent amount of money and passed thay to them and helped them out. I know you do not need this, but they had guidance and a lot of help to make it easier for them. For the past 3-4 years I have been looking for a mentor, for someone to help give advise or ways I can become more successful. I am so tired of living pay check to pay check. I just had to have my girl friend start working because I was getting behind and I never wanted that to happen, I wanted her to be a stay at home mom for my daughter.

I went to school right after high school and was going for marketing and I didn't do the best after two years in because I just didn't want to be there, so I never finished and only have about 60 credit hours. I tried to go back this fall, but couldn't because I am in default for a loan, not much only about $1,500. However, I can't pay thay back quick enough before the fall to go back and get financial aid. I am working on it though. I don't owe too much in student loans, only 18k, so considerably less than others.

When my mother passed away I basically inherited her home, I'm going through Probate now and it is going to go right through to me and my sister. There is only 7k left on the house, so only 3.5k left on my part until I have 60k equity in my name.

I don't have any other debt besides that and from reading things on here and in MJ'S book, I know debt is the worst thing to have, so I'm not in too bad of a circumstance in that regard. My biggest problem is I don't make enough to allow myself to have any capital to invest or get myself anywhere. I'm currently in market development, sales, franchise coordination for a small company that is expanding. Though I don't think this will be anymore than a job. It is a company that is family ran with only 6 employees, including myself.

I am really in need of someone that can help shoe me the way or give me pointers that I can use to get there. I listen to any advise I get and appreciate it. I would really appreciate and help and if someone needs to know more. Please just ask.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pfar54

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 9, 2015
Why can't you get guidance from your family? Yes, they had help, but they did do something didn't they?

Well my one Uncle is a CPA (not at all what I am looking to be). The other one runs some real estate, but he isn't to family oriented. The rest of my family is pretty much deceased.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

pfar54

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 9, 2015
Does this mean that he won't talk to you or that you are too intimidated to talk to him?

He just isn't involved in our family and hasn't been for some time. He went to my mom's funeral, but other than that, I haven't seen him in like 12 years. My mom would try to visit him and he wouldn't call back. To put it simply, he doesn't care about any of us.

pfar54

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 9, 2015
I've been reading around this site and there is definitely a lot of good info and stories. I will definitely continue to read as much as I can on here.

Does anyone have any good ideas or recommendations for me based on what I've said? I went and started the Probate process for my mom's estate, so that is one step from getting that done. Once the house goes in my name, I am thinking about refinancing 5-10k to get new siding and windows as they are the original, but I'm not too sure about that as of yet. I don't want to create new debt for myself, but they are really old (60 years). It would add a lot of value to the home.

I am planning on possibly renting the home or selling it in a few years. If I have enough income at the point I will rent it, but if I don't I will most likely sell the home.

So just wanted to comment and bring up since I have been looking over this site it has motivated me and getting me back into the swing of things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...