The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Timing the Mobile App Development Firm

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Greyson F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Dec 8, 2013
On my first actual entrepreneurial adventure since I've began, things have become more genuine (and scary) then ever before in my years of trying to create value. For the first time ever, MY IDEA IS BACKED AND PROPELLED BY A FORMED TEAM! That in itself brings about a new and intensified experience that is exhilarating and makes me want more of it. For the first time ever, I'M COMMITTED! I've never before fallen into such a deep relationship with a project, and I intend to push this through for my team and create value through our app.

One questions I'd like to bring up to this forum is the topic of Mobile Development Firms. They are expensive, but they are crucial to startup teams without cutting edge development experience. However, in discussing with a couple of the firms, I saw that while they discussed the process of creating the app's design, prototyping, and production, they always offered to do the entire procedure, never lending me any advice on what a startup team could do on their own to better refine the bridge between a team of developers and a firm.

Does anybody have experience working with development firms, and if so, what are some components that a startup team could readily do without exceptional development experience. We've come to the conclusion that under the circumstances, a development firm is inevitable. However, we have enough power in our team, such as an experienced software developer and a graphic designer, to have the ability to do some components on our own. The "APP DOCUMENTATION" in the planning stages of an app goes as follows:

1. Objective
  2. Client Requirements
  3. Analysis
  4. Target Users
  5. Non-Functional Requirements
  6. Functional Requirements
  7. Reference Screenshots
  8. Project Estimates

With that being said, I'd like to have an open mind to stories, experiences, or advice that can help me understand what all needs to be completely left to the development firm, and what components can be prioritized during the seed stage of a startup idea. Any help would be incredible!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.