The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

25 Rules To Build A Billion-Dollar Business

For any book discussion

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
CLhEzeIWgAEntwN.jpg

I published an E-Book on Amazon yesterday. I consider myself a Fastlaner and if my time permits, I am going to create threads writing down my success stories and I'll try to help other entrepreuners in here as well. Up to now, I've been doing a lot of listening on this forum because you can never learn too much, even if you've made millions with your business.

Since my circle of friends mainly consists of other entrepreneurs and millionaires, I hear a lot of things about their businesses: How they succeeded, which mistakes they have made, etc. And the more they tell me, the more I recognize similiarities between each one of them: The way they approach business, their mindset, their logical way of thinking, etc.

A few months ago, I paid one of my buddies a visit at his beach house. He is one of the most inspiring entrepreneurs I've ever met. That day he told me that he was earning a healthy profit with the help of another entrepreneur.

I asked him: "How does he help you?"

He replied: "Well, when I met this guy, his business (he started a gym business) was still in its early stages and I recognized great potential in his concept. So, I decided to support him and promote his gym."

Then I asked him: "Did he pay you for that?"

He replied: "I did it all for free. I just liked his concept and I wanted this guy to succeed. Now he has expanded his business into a lucrative chain of fitness centers and expressed his gratitude by promoting my business in return. Funny thing is, I never asked him for this. He did it of his own free will."

That was the motivation for my book. Listening to success stories of entrepreneurs and combining them with my own experience in order to create pure gold. This book is short, because I like to get to the point without wasting time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Sorry, but this has bullshit written all over it.

From the title (In most cases you would have to be the founder as well or own a substantial amount of shares), to the cover (palm alley), to visiting your millionaire friend at his beach house (Doesn't get more cheesy than that), to lucrative chain of fitness centers and the actual content of the book: Bill Gates is rich, because people need computers in their life. Really?

This book is short, because I'd like to make money without putting any effort into it.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
Rules to build a billion dollar business...

Written by someone who has never built a billion dollar business...?

Without any tips, analysis or input from people who have...?

Uhmm...hmmm.

You don't have to buy my E-Book. I'm just offering valuable information for those who are willing to learn everyday. I am successful myself and I know a lot of successful people, so I'm not an amateur. Feel free to think that I can't teach you anything. This is your opinion.

You have 2 options:

1) Say that you don't like this E-Book, although you didn't even read it.

2) Read this E-Book, then tell me what you think.

Believe it or not. I've written this book with blood, sweat and tears. This book is not some motivational nonsense. It is 100% based on experience. On my experience and on the experience of other successful entrepreneurs.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Believe it or not. I've written this book with blood, sweat and tears. This book is not some motivational nonsense. It is 100% based on experience. On my experience and on the experience of other successful entrepreneurs.

What experience do you have that should make us readers/customers think that you have billion dollar advice?

themaxx

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2014
London, UK
2) Read this E-Book, then tell me what you think.
If it was free I might have a look at it as a favour to give you feedback, but there's no way I'm paying for a 26 page book with no reviews from someone I know nothing about.

AchievingDreams

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 30, 2015
@Cesare. , I am afraid you are targeting the wrong crowd here... We are a bit more sophisticated and demanding then that...

If you are genuine take this failure as a learning experience if you plan to get into motivational self improvement industry...

Your book title is cheesy, you sound like a scam , you are a nobody in the industry...

Do not get me wrong, I respect your hustle... But that is the point, you should no longer be a hustler but try to become a fastlaner...

Work hard, do not take shortcuts, it will pay !

Good luck !

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
CLhEzeIWgAEntwN.jpg

"25 Rules To Build A Billion-Dollar Business"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013CS7TNW/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I published an E-Book on Amazon yesterday. I consider myself a Fastlaner and if my time permits, I am going to create threads writing down my success stories and I'll try to help other entrepreuners in here as well. Up to now, I've been doing a lot of listening on this forum because you can never learn too much, even if you've made millions with your business.

Since my circle of friends mainly consists of other entrepreneurs and millionaires, I hear a lot of things about their businesses: How they succeeded, which mistakes they have made, etc. And the more they tell me, the more I recognize similiarities between each one of them: The way they approach business, their mindset, their logical way of thinking, etc.

A few months ago, I paid one of my buddies a visit at his beach house. He is one of the most inspiring entrepreneurs I've ever met. That day he told me that he was earning a healthy profit with the help of another entrepreneur.

I asked him: "How does he help you?"

He replied: "Well, when I met this guy, his business (he started a gym business) was still in its early stages and I recognized great potential in his concept. So, I decided to support him and promote his gym."

Then I asked him: "Did he pay you for that?"

He replied: "I did it all for free. I just liked his concept and I wanted this guy to succeed. Now he has expanded his business into a lucrative chain of fitness centers and expressed his gratitude by promoting my business in return. Funny thing is, I never asked him for this. He did it of his own free will."

That was the motivation for my book. Listening to success stories of entrepreneurs and combining them with my own experience in order to create pure gold. This book is short, because I like to get to the point without wasting time.

What is the name of the company that you built?

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry mate but all the issues above aside, from the 1st two 'rules' it looks a bit bad, did you copy & paste rule #2 out of a college business book cliffnotes?

Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
WTF guys, don't hate, this is super legit! I just implemented the first three rules, and already made $40,000,000, and two Paganis appeared in my garage (which now holds 9 cars and has a 25 foot long Snap-On rolling cab in it). Holy crap, an Olympic pool just spawned in my backyard and I think I see a horse stable going up at the far end of the property and I'm only half way through rule four. You idiots missed out!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
[calling bluff] Put up a couple of success stories showing your success and I'll buy your book. Time permits. Give to get.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man oh man, where do I start? And do so without sounding like a total a-hole?

First, I'd like you to honestly ask yourself, what are your expectations with this book? To sell hundreds? Millions? NYT best-seller?

Second, you cannot write about something you haven't achieved yourself unless your book is an anthology of billionaire interviews, Buffet, Musk, Gates, etc. It is not. Therefore, you are writing about sh*t you know nothing about. If I want to hear about the moon, I want to hear from people who've been there.

Third, your "book" is 26 pages long. I suspect there is absolutely NOTHING in there that will help me become a billionaire, especially seeing that your first rule is so hyper-simplistic (Bill Gates is rich because people NEED computers? ORLY? That simple eh?) and your second *rule* is formulating a "business plan". Darn it. That explains why I've come up short on the 3 comma club.

In any event, it's clear you've copied shit from other people who probably teach entrepreneurship, but don't live it.

Fourth, your "book" is again 26 pages long which tells me you've spent 30 minutes writing it. I spent 3 years writing TMF and my next book might take equally as long. Do you seriously think this kind of effort is *Fastlane*? Or a legitimate exercise into an entrepreneurial process?

Fifth, your very first sentence suggests that you need more practice at writing. Take a class or two. If that clunky sentence was the first thing I read in a book (which I paid for) I'd ask for my money back.

Sixth, your cover looks like another 2 minutes was spent on it. Not sure how a row of palm trees equates to billionaire success.

Seventh, $4.99 for a book that is probably 2,000 words? Realllllly? If only we could capture 2 cents per every word we write, all authors would be rich.

Listening to success stories of entrepreneurs and combining them with my own experience in order to create pure gold.

Pure gold? LOL. Yeaaaah, I'm sure pure gold is as simple as 26 pages and 30 minutes. Yes, you've taken action but clearly this action is a money-chasing action-fake. Had you tried to arrange interviews with actual billionaires and compiled the information in a "tell-all", I could see you striking GOLD. But why do that? That's hard work! Difficult! Could take years! Why do that when you can just spend a night on the computer with a beer and put out this masterpiece?

Whenever I see shit like this on Amazon (I usually do a good job of avoiding it) I often wonder what's going through the author's mind and his expectations vis-a-vie the effort that was put forth. What kind of results do they expect? Passive income? A big article on Business INSIDERS? Glowing reviews?

And had you actually interviewed 10 billionaires, what then, would you expect?

Have you seriously and honestly asked yourself this? And if so, please tell me what you think.

IMO, this effort is about as cursory as picking up a lottery ticket while rolling through the gas station.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
paging @AndrewNC you might have an opinion to lend.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
While you action fakers were hating, I just finished all 28 pages. Anyone want to join me for a drink on my 165" yacht? We're having the best:

CGdDeryVAAET1sM.jpg

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
" I am successful myself.... so I'm not an amateur."

"It is 100% based on experience."

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/this-forum-is-very-impressive.57302/

This is your intro thread, which you created a little over 7 months ago. At that point you had little to no success and were studying to become a translator.

So unless you're life has exploded over the last 7 months and you've experienced some massive,unparalleled business growth I think it's safe to say that you're bullshitting us, sorry but that's not going to work here.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
While you action fakers were hating, I just finished all 28 pages. Anyone want to join me for a drink on my 165" yacht? We're having the best:

CGdDeryVAAET1sM.jpg
Can you paypal me $1000 so I know you're not lying?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
paging @AndrewNC you might have an opinion to lend.
What can I say that hasn't been said by every other person in this thread? Lmao.

I wrote a book like this 3 years ago - made a similar post about it as well. Got similar responses from Fastlane forum members. I kept on trying to promote it for 8 months. It failed.

Let's say I could rewind time and do it all over again and save myself 8 months of my life. I would look at sites like eventual millionaire. Play the role of "the curious interviewer" and ask the questions the market is looking for answers to.

have the words come from their mouth. that's what the market wants to hear.

If you can record quality interviews with billionaires - I will be the first one to buy your product.

Being in your shoes before - yes, I know it's repeating good information that has worked for others, but the market wants to hear it from the source.

Do that, record interviews with billionaires - with the words coming from their mouth - and you'll have something very valuable for others.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

CGdDeryVAAET1sM.jpg

Not sure if this is real or not, but man, that is a huge branding opportunity for a name... why bother selling $35 bottles of tequila (or vodka or cognac) when you can sell them for $35,000?

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014

CGdDeryVAAET1sM.jpg
Rep+ for Photoshop humor, good one haha!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Everyone is jumping on you, and that must suck, but you do have to admit this is exactly like selling personal training services as a fat guy and telling your clients it's legit because all your best friends are thin.

I mean, the information isn't necessarily wrong, but it's not like you can trust the source's authority on the matter either.

On the plus side, you created something. That's F*cking awesome. Most people don't create jack shit and couldn't hammer out a single page, let alone 26.

Lick your wounds, pick up your pride, and try again. I'll say you are off to a great start with the right attitude - just focus it on better ideas with better execution.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Not sure if this is real or not, but man, that is a huge branding opportunity for a name... why bother selling $35 bottles of tequila (or vodka or cognac) when you can sell them for $35,000?

I think HBO probably owns the rights; IIRC they sued someone for making an app and naming it after one of the fake companies in Silicon Valley, cashing in on the high search rankings and free advertising.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Just because you got something to say. Doesn't mean that you are an expert on what you are about to teach or say. I truly hate the whole Motivational speaker thing. I don't know if this goes under that category. But you know.

I can talk = I am a motivational expert = charge $5,000 a head for some bullshit seminar
I can write something = I am a author = I can teach you how to get rich = Because I got ideas and can write them down = It works!!

Hopefully in the future we need to obtain some kind of license before we can call ourselves experts and charge people for advice. Maybe in the next 50 years from now.

In general, this is what is wrong with society today. A lot of noise without any meat, from people who are calling themself experts when they are not.

I'm not saying this is the case with this kindle book. But 95% of the time. It's the case.

Just my opinion though.

G

GuestUser116

I consider myself a Fastlaner and if my time permits, I am going to create threads writing down my success stories and I'll try to help other entrepreuners in here as well.
Hahah. Mentor me bro.

D

Deleted21961

BS is BS, but this could serve some purpose.

1) If nobody buys this "book", he will at least know that there are no real shortcuts, at least in publishing.
2) Maybe other 10 forum participants were thinking about doing the same thing and now they will reconsider.

I can see some good in this thread.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Why are some of you guys cheering him on?

"At least you try!, go find another idea!"

He needs a radical change in mindset. This doesn't cut it anywhere. He is a wantrepreneur. Money chasers tend to be the same whether they are selling an ebook or selling X product.

I would start there first before anywhere else. He needs a complete overhaul in mindset not another idea.

The best way to help this guy would be to tell him "Hey you need to completely change the system of thought, here is how you do that."

If you think i'm an a**hole wait until you see the reviews for his book.

I think a bootcamp, tough-love attitude mixed with a helping hand is a healthy and fair approach to these money-chasers.

If you are gonna be an Entrepreneur with a capital E, you need to have the mind-set and identity that is the real deal. An Entrepreneur know that there are no short-cuts, events, loopholes. Nothing but good old fashion hard work and critical thinking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted21961

But it's already done and can't be undone, so you can look for any good that can come from it. Ultimately, he is the only person responsible for his mindset, if he wants to go further this way, you can't stop him. And what's the point of saying "you are evil" thousand times? In the very first post in this thread you can see that his attitude is cold evil scam...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.