The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Supplier claims WU doesnt require certain info

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
WU=Western Union

Hi i am in need of some help here

I am talk with a supplier in china whom would like the payment to be sent through WU deposited to his bank account, all is good with this i do not mind taking the risk here of getting scammed

The issue is i am trying to send him the money to his bank account, yet WU requires his bank company name and his account number

Well I have asked the supplier for this information yet they keep denying WU requires this info I have sent him screenshots to prove yet he still argues they do not require this information and that he has experience with this and that I am wrong (which i could be somehow)

A friend of mine with WU experience tried running through the process for me and he said the supplier was wrong

EDIT: CLIFFS:
-Need bank name account name from supplier to send WU payment
-Supplier argues that I am wrong and that information is not needed
-What do?

EDIT2: The supplier wants

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

crockbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 5, 2011
Dallas, Texas
A Bank & beneficiary/name does need to be listed for the wire. But either way you should have terms with him so you don't get scammed. If not a Net30 than a TT at sight so he can show that he handed goods over to a freight forwarder or air shipped. Find a new supplier.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I guess that will have to do
Hopefully I can find another, as the product I am looking for is hard to find and in demand
That is a decision that you will have to make with the information you have. With the information given in the post I would choose to find a new one.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
That is a decision that you will have to make with the information you have. With the information given in the post I would choose to find a new one.
No possible way for me to send the payment, notified the supplier since they continue to refuse the required info then I will look elsewhere

Have not received a response since then

Are they afraid of making sales?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
No possible way for me to send the payment, notified the supplier since they continue to refuse the required info then I will look elsewhere

Have not received a response since then

Are they afraid of making sales?

Not sure when you posted but they are on their weekends so I wouldn't expect much of a response or any until Sunday night (if you're in U.S.).

Are you finding them through Alibaba? I usually have no problem getting responses by using a short and sweet email (an intro, my title, wanting a catalog and prices)

I'd skip your current manufacture. They are probably scamming you. Ask if they can take PayPal and that its your company's policy. If they can't then move on to another manufacture. There are a fair amount of fraud companies on Alibaba so be careful. I've experienced a few

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I've heard it is somewhat common for manufacturers to request WU be sent to a person in order to avoid paying some kind of tax or fee. FWIW

Last edited:

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Not sure when you posted but they are on their weekends so I wouldn't expect much of a response or any until Sunday night (if you're in U.S.).

Are you finding them through Alibaba? I usually have no problem getting responses by using a short and sweet email (an intro, my title, wanting a catalog and prices)

I'd skip your current manufacture. They are probably scamming you. Ask if they can take PayPal and that its your company's policy. If they can't then move on to another manufacture. There are a fair amount of fraud companies on Alibaba so be careful. I've experienced a few
I've heard it is somewhat common for manufacturers to request WU be sent to a person in order too avoid paying some kind of tax or fee. FWIW

I did not go with him, it was really obvious he indeed was trying to scam me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.