The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business and Social Life

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Twanson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jun 19, 2015
How do you recommend balancing your business and your social life? I'm curious because I know that research shows that social support is beneficial during stressful and busy times. At the same time we might get so involved with our businesses that we just disregard our social lives. Any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
How do you recommend balancing your business and your social life? I'm curious because I know that research shows that social support is beneficial during stressful and busy times. At the same time we might get so involved with our businesses that we just disregard our social lives. Any advice?

Surround yourself with those that are like-minded. Social outlets will then enhance your business by bouncing off ideas and encouraging one another. I have grown exponentially in the last 6 months by doing this. The hustle doesn't stop, every day is a grind. There are no days off.

Randy Smith

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 28, 2015
I recently took a college class for my MBA.

We talked about "multi-porting." The theory is that while a boat can only be in 1 port at a time, you can have a boat be in multiple ports at once in your life, where a port equals an area of your life.

The ports can be civic, spiritual, work, health/wellness, social, self-development and other areas.

Basically, try to pack activities where you can "multi-port" or fulfill more than one area of your life at once. Make sure at the end of the week, you have touched all the ports. A balanced life will make you more effective in the long run.

For example, as an entrepreneur, you could go fishing with other business people, learn their needs and get some connections. You could do volunteer work where you are also meeting important people in your industry. You could network at an event that involves physical exercise. Etc.

Balance is the key.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.