The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Yet to finish Zero to One, gotta loan it again or find it elsewhere.

Just started "Effortless Entrepreneur' Founders of College Hunks Hauling Junk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Reading The Way Of The Superior Man, not just about having financial success but being the best man you can be in all areas of life.

David something? Guitta/Guetta/SP? (sounds like Guitar). It's on my to read list I think.

94blackbird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 21, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Currently about half way through The Sell: How to sell anything to anyone by Fredrik Eklund. Picked it up on a whim at the airport, pretty good read so far. Also recently finished Rework, and have applied some of their principles to tweak elements of my master plan so I don't need to grow right away, but can grow if I need to instead.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I've come to the conclusion that Audible is an amazing service. And here's a quick recommendation if you decide to become a member or at least try it out...

Look no further than "The Great Courses" that are offered on Audible.

I'm going to be going through one that isn't business related at all this week. It's about something that's always been of great personal interest though...

Redefining Reality: The Intellectual Implications of Modern Science

Also, the "Better Living" category is absolutely great. I'm assuming that all of us here want to succeed in the "fastlane" because we believe it will result in a better life. Well, you can learn how to improve your life right now (and enjoy the "process" a little more)...

Use your credits wisely. :)

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Riches in Niches Susan Friedman
Mojo Marshall Goldsmith

Just started today.

Great book title on that first book, if that's how you pronounce it.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I do,though I've heard it a couple of ways.

Personally, being English I always pronounced it Neeshes. But I'm coming round to the more American way, because Nitches without the N I think better describes what they are; itches.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
The wealthy barber/ once I finish this in a day or two I will read his second book The wealthy barber returns.

Origin of species by Darwin and after this The will to power by Nietzsche.

Monday I'm starting to read my first copywriting book too. Still looking for some good books to get since in Quebec unless you buy books online it's pretty hard to get your hands on copywriting stuff in english ! I'm still searching through all the libraries around the city !

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
To add something else to thread aside from my slight detour above, "Stop Stealing Dreams" by Seth Godin was something I read this week, not really a book as such, more a manifesto type of thing, But a very good read none the less.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Just finished Peter Thiel's - Zero To One

Interesting, valuable and useful read.

More useful if your trying to create something from scratch or basically innovate in a big way, although there are some Guidelines there that could be applied to any fastlane,startup, trep project. Worth a read.

Now onto: Effortless Entrepreneur. Work Smart, Play Hard, Make Millions. by the Founders of College Hunks Hauling Junk.

Only up to the 2nd chapter. Interesting that they also have already mentioned and reiterated the use of Systems in a business.
Also has some nice tips about running a company.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Currently reading Getting rid of Mr Kitchen. Fiction.

It's about an Charlie Sheen-type entrepreneur who is about to be a big player in his niche,
accidently killing someone and trying to get rid of the body.

Lots of action taking in that book.

Last edited:

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
Just now getting around to reading Rich Dad Poor Dad after a little hiatus from reading so much. Most of the stuff I already know but since it was high on everybody's list I decided to pick it up. Has reignited some things that I had forgotten about.

It got to the point I was reading too much both books and on the web so I cut it out for a little while. I actually purchased some of the Rich Dad advisers books to see if they were worth it. Going to be diving into those after I am done. Most of these are on topics that I am going through in business.

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
In my Kindle Library (other than TMF ):
The 4-Hour Work Week
Click Millionaires
The Daily Entrepreneur
Free Your Fear
6 Months To 6 Figures
How To Build A Billion Dollar App
The 7 Day Startup
Small Talk Hacks
Zig Zag
The Innovator's DNA
It's All Politics
Mavericks At Work
Who Moved My Cheese?
How To Win Friends And Influence People
23 Anti-Procrastination Habits

NormP

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 4, 2015
The Mission, the Men, and Me by Pete Blaber. I've actually met and spent some time with one of the former Delta guys who was involved with some of the stuff in the book--Pat McNamara. I'd like to have 1/2 his intensity and focus...

Early in the book:
"The 3Ms are the keys to being successful in life. They stand for the mission, the men, and me.' He then drew a line from the top M through the middle M, down to the bottom M. 'They're all connected,' he continued. 'So if you neglect one, you'll screw up the others. The first M stands for the mission; it's the purpose for which you're doing what you're doing. Whether in your personal or professional life, make sure you understand it, and that it makes legal, moral, and ethical sense, then use it to guide all your decisions. The second M stands for the men. Joshua Chamberlain, a Medal of Honor-receiving schoolteacher in the Civil War, once said that 'there are two things an officer must do to lead men; he must be careful for his men's welfare, and he must show courage.' Welfare of the troops and courage are inextricably linked. When it comes to your men you can't be good at one without being good at the other. Take care of your men's welfare by listening and leading them with sound tactics and techniques that accomplish your mission, and by always having the courage to do the right thing by them. The final M stands for me. Me comes last for a reason. You have to take care of yourself, but you should only do so after you have taken care of the mission, and the men. Never put your own personal well-being, or advancement, ahead of the accomplishment of your mission and taking care of your men . . .'' (Pages 10-11)

Johnny_Hopkins

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 10, 2015
Michigan
Most Previous: TMF

Currently: The Magic of Thinking Big - David J. Schwartz

Next: The Crash of 2016: The Plot to Destroy America--and What We Can Do to Stop It - Thom Hartmann
- Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World - Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Almost finished Miracle Morning - quite an inspiring little thing.

It's just got nugget after nugget of motivation and insight (and of course some good action items). Simple stuff but things I never considered or thought about before in any real depth.

Really, really enjoying it.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I am currently reading and applying "59 seconds by Richard Wiseman".

The book basically examines technique and tools which the self-help industry teaches.
The book shows you which techniques are backed by scientific studies and which fail to give you results.

As an example... positive visualizations of your goals have been proven to lower the chance of you achieving them in scientific studies.
Quite an eye-opener for me.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
"LLC CEO for Dummies"

I'm serious, thats literally the English translation of the German book.

Next up are "Accounting for Dummies" and "Commercial and Corporate Law for Dummies".

Figured that now that I have a 7 figure run-rate business I should at least get to know some basics...

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Re reading The Millionaire Fastlane then moving onto Beyond the Bricks - Rob Dix then onto What Rich People Know.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Couldn't resist starting to read

Dr. James Canton's: Future Smart, Managing the Game Changing Trends That Will Transform Your World.

Hard to put down, validating, inspirational yet practical.

Futurists and innovators should enjoy this.

It also has some valuable advice all people in biz & entrepreneurship could use.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
I've been looking into House of Leaves and House of Evidence. Both two good books. Ngl, i'd impose y'all look into them.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
But I have also been looking into how to Run & Work Google, plus the INs & OUTs of YouTube, how to market on Twitter and some Buddhism stuff as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.