The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips to dominate Instagram with your business

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

AntonyS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 4, 2015
I've gotten 800 followers over these past 2 days (sum on 3 accounts.) the main thing is following others in your niche

Thanks, I will try this.

One of my biggest problems is, finding images that are allowed to use.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I had the same problem. The first time I tried using Instagress my page got taken down after one day. I've now decided to give credit to owners of the images and anybody in them. It is still copyright but there is less of a chance of your page being taken down. I've also added a logo to my images and edited them slightly to reduce the risk. Adding quotes on top of the images also helps, just be sure to give credit to whoever's image it is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
Today i changed my instagram bio to look better! I hope it will get me new followers!

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
Since yesterday i can't comment anymore. Everytime there's the Message , that my comment is not allowed. Until now i haven't got Feedback from ig.

G

GuestUser159

Great tips man, keep them coming. I wasn't aware that Instagram has become so effective in terms of bringing traffic.

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
Ive been following your account since under 100k followers you've done a great job. I also have used your tips in the ebook which has helped a bit in gaining followers. What im wondering is how you got them to sign up with their email before u offered the ebook?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Maybe someone in here will know. Is there any site out there, that will let you search for Users via tag, and rank them based on follower count or engagement?

Use case: To find influencers in non standard "industries" that you could align marketing efforts with.

Currently there are several sites on which you can search either/or. and one that will let you search for users based on a tag but then you can not rank them top down.

Brad_7373

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 26, 2013
I've been following you guys for about 6 months now...along with all the other motivational business pages (successdiaries, businesspeopleinc, foundr, daily.dose, millionaire_mentor, motivationmafia, before5am etc) - how do you make yourself stand out? I honestly see you all in the same pool because most of the quotes are rehashed and reposted.

Minus those first two accounts you mentioned, we've done so many sfs with each other it's ridiculous haha. We post every single day and each have our own unique theme. The key is to transition from "just another business motivation page on Instagram" to a brand, and I've started the transition with the email list.

What filters do you use most?

I used to try to match them for every picture, now I just use Juno for everything. Does it even matter much for getting more likes?

I don't use the Instagram filters, but I play around with filters and brightness in the apps I use to make the photos.

Thanks for the ideas. Great stuff!

I already have an email list with a free ebook and the autoresponder emails set up! How should I make them take action and join my email list through instagram?

Thanks bro.

Also, any ideas how I could make my audience trust me more and encage more? I think right now they are not ready to buy stuff from me yet. I think if I would get that trust factor up, I could sell more effectively to these people.

If you've got the capital, pay much bigger accounts to advertise your free ebook and have that page send the traffic to your page to get the ebook. So you essentially get a double effect from the one shoutout... 1) More followers for your page 2) more email opt-ins.

Don't be afraid to lose a few followers regularly posting about your books 30% of the time :)

What's your reason for dominating Instagram? Do you make a lot of money out of it?

Yes I make money promoting other quality Instagram accounts, but I'm stopping that soon to build more of a brand as opposed to just another page.

I too am interested in new mediums, such as snap chat for reaching audiences. The newer the media it seems the younger the audience skews, however dominating early such as with snapchat is a goal.

Anyone care to share tips in this regard for product orientated businesses.

Anyone care to suggest some new apps/media that may be the next instagram/vine/snapchat?

Snapchat and Periscope are hot at the moment! They're a marketers paradise.

I have a dilemma. Let's just say I want to start a eccommerce business selling high end fashion (watches, clothing, Cologne).

Should I start a page , for example "Luxury Lifestyle" and post pictures of nice cars, homes, and vacations and then later promote my business?

Or should I just use my business name, for example (apluxury) and promote my website on there as well as posting photos of cars, vacations etc

I'd make the "user name" the luxury lifestyle one then make the "name" the apluxury one.

How do you put the opt-in ability on IG?

Also, if you don't mind, I would love to read your eBook:)

You get a link space in your bio, so link it to a landing page.

How do you handle posting pics you don't know who has the owner rights?

If I repost a photo, I get permission from smaller accounts and tag/credit them. But with bigger accounts you won't need permission, just tag/credit them.

In regards to normal photos, use free stock royalty-free photos such as the pixabay images in the wordswag app, or pay for stock photos from website like deposit photos.

''We’ve accumulated 15,000 email sign-ups in the last 17 days with a goal of 100,000 by the end of the year.''

Any tips on how to turn the followers into email sign-ups? Would love to know this.

I do have my opt in link in bio, but not sure how to drive people to take action on it.

Offer free value :) Free ebook, articles, course etc

Am I working on this backwards?

Currently I am creating 3 instagram accounts in the luxury/entrepreneur niche. Once I get a decent size following I plan to market my own eccommerce store (selling high end accessories ).

Although I feel like this will work I also feel lost. I'm not solving a need.

A great resource for you to check out is Foreverjobless.com by @snowbank from this forum. He'll help you out with the process of finding a gap in the market. I can help with the Instagram marketing side of things :)

Today i changed my instagram bio to look better! I hope it will get me new followers!

Good luck! Don't forget to share your results and lessons here with everyone!

Thank you for a very actionable post!

How's it going with your goal?

Asking because I know that you've got another sign up today - me!

Looking forward to June 22:)

It's going well, slowed a bit though, but up to 20,000 after 4 weeks. Thank you for signing up :)

Great tips man, keep them coming. I wasn't aware that Instagram has become so effective in terms of bringing traffic.

Welcome :) Yep, if you use social media effectively, you'll get great results.

Ive been following your account since under 100k followers you've done a great job. I also have used your tips in the ebook which has helped a bit in gaining followers. What im wondering is how you got them to sign up with their email before u offered the ebook?

Thank you :)

I tested the email list a couple of months ago before I did the ebook for a few days, with little success. But the ebook has worked well. Start your email list TODAY if you haven't already and offer something for free :)

--------

Hopefully I covered everyones questions, I tried my best!

Have a good day,

Brad.

Brad_7373

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 26, 2013
Maybe someone in here will know. Is there any site out there, that will let you search for Users via tag, and rank them based on follower count or engagement?

Use case: To find influencers in non standard "industries" that you could align marketing efforts with.

Currently there are several sites on which you can search either/or. and one that will let you search for users based on a tag but then you can not rank them top down.

Socialrank.com is your friend here :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Just got on socialrank.com but that is for your followers you already have. I am looking for accounts that i can pitch and pay for product placement on. So i need that type of search for IG as a whole, not my followers (which is 0)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Hi Brad, great thread i'm building a brand via Instagram and would love the link to your book, thanks for sharing this quality info :)

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
What's the best way to find accounts in the same niche of similar size for shoutout purposes? I have a little over 1k followers after two weeks, but it seems like all the other accounts in my niche either have 100k or 100 followers, neither of which really works for shoutouts. Do I just have to keep manually looking or is there a better way?

James Beattie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 14, 2015
I have just started my page and have gained around 700 followers in the last 5 days. I think this is reasonably good.

My question is if I pay for a shoutout on a 200k account how many followers can I expect to gain from these shoutouts?

Thanks
@Millionaire.drive on instagram

James Beattie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 14, 2015
James how did you gain that many followers so quickly?
I pretty much followed all the tips on this page just.

- Use hashtags relevant to your niche
- Ask for shoutouts on similar pages
- And I have followed quite a few people although once I reach 1000 I will stop this
- I also use instagress, check it out its a great tool
- I also was just reposting content from other accounts but have now changed to my own images which I think will be much better for my account

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Wow i needed this thread like 3 months ago , this is great

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Hey guys,

Been getting a lot of emails/messages coming from this thread these last two days. If anyone wants to download the book, here is the direct download link (there is no opt-in required):
https://www.mediafire.com/?nkdk3om78y88y82

Mods, feel free to delete if download links aren't allowed.

Enjoy :)

Regards,

Brad.
Congrats on the million followers! How big is your email list now?

Also, any reason your posting a lot of promotions recently?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.