The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any Plans on a MFL Podcast?

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts lately, and I think it would be dope if MJ started one up. A good way to make money in ad sponsorships too.

Here's some good ones I've been listening to:

Bigger Pockets
1 Day Business Breakthrough
Smart Passive Income
Ask Pat
Seincast

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
MJ used todo videos a while ago. Go on youtube and search "MJ DeMarco", he's got a lot of value in his 5 min videos that he used to post.

While I'm a big fan of specific podcast most really don't provide any value, it's just people interviewing entrepreneurs that sell "do what you love" & "follow your passion".

I also enjoy the Bigger Pockets Real Estate podcast, But moved away from Pat Flynn & Smart Passive Income (As Well As His Other Podcasts). I like pat and think he's a great dude & has helped a lot of people. But if you look at his income statements each month his business violates the Commandment of Control, most of his income is made through Blue Host & other affiliate programs.

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
ya i agree with u on pat. he hasn't actually done much besides bluehost.

making money through selling "make money" isnt too impressive. but - he's still a lot more successful than most ppl.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Too many people podcasting... it's 2008's version of blogging. I'm not interested in being lumped into the crowd.

On the flipside, I've entertained the idea of doing a podcast for INSIDERS only. I'll consider that more seriously as my next book nears is finish line.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Too many people podcasting... it's 2008's version of blogging. I'm not interested in being lumped into the crowd.
FWIW I doubt you'll be lumped in. You have a knack for delivering content in a refreshing and understandable way, e.g. the book, the articles here, your analogies. I imagine if you sat down and just sort of casually interviewed (like nerdist) some people about how they got where they are the podcast would be huge.

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
FWIW I doubt you'll be lumped in. You have a knack for delivering content in a refreshing and understandable way, e.g. the book, the articles here, your analogies. I imagine if you sat down and just sort of casually interviewed (like nerdist) some people about how they got where they are the podcast would be huge.

agreed. he could interview forum members. noone else is doing that

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014

There seem to be about a billion "interview an entrepreneur each week" podcasts out there already. Or a day if you include John Lee Dumas who will probably be reduced to interviewing random street hobos sometime soon.

Given many of these interviewees go on a heap of podcasts and tell their own story over and over, it's probably not adding much to have someone else interview them. Even if MJ turns out to be the greatest podcast interviewer ever, many people will still default to "I did this, then did this, then this happened" which they've already told everyone.

What I find interesting with the podcasting trend is so many people love it because it is free content. Personally I'd rather pay. I'd rather buy "MJ's (insert topic) course" for $199 with 5 hours of clean, quality audio with replay value than subscribe to another podcast where I may run into such familiar beasts as blatant ads, verbally challenged interviewees, endless self promoters, random verbal junk like swearing/injokes/shoutouts etc. Way too much of that on podcasts and no matter how free they are you can't help but realise you're paying for it with your time + the sort of mental junk food effect of it.

I have audio/video products by guys like Jay Abraham, Eben Pagan etc. I also have podcasts/live call recordings from the same guys and many of their friends/associates. The former are usually edited and produced to a certain standard so they get replayed at various times. Because they have ongoing value. The latter, even from a very slick producer like Pagan, can be so painfully awkward to listen to I literally wouldn't replay some of them for $100 an hour. It's just disruptive when you go from listening to a trained media producer like Pagan to a long call in question from "Bill from Wyoming" who has never been live on air before or Sally who wants to use this opportunity to tell you about her Unicorn Cake Store.

In fact here's a business idea. Go find a decent business podcast, distill the useful info out of about 50 sessions. Record yourself going over these topics without any ads/awkward intervews/"dude shoutouts"/general weirdness. Package up the audio files and sell it for a couple of hundred. Sure people can get the info you'd be selling for free, but what you'd really be selling is the pleasure of avoiding the junk.

Of course you'd be a "fake guru" basically parroting off other people's ideas, but you'd have company there and as a customer I simply don't care. If "knowledgable business expert x" doesn't realise people who value their time/sanity are willing to pay for the higher product quality version of their ideas that you're producing, then they're basically like the McDonald brothers and you may as well be their Ray Kroc.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
I think podcasting is a good idea. I listen to non-business related podcasts (Joe Rogan Experience, Duncan Trussell Family Hour) - if you scale it and have valuable information and content to share, you can do pretty well

TG_Hawk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Feb 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I agree MJ starting a podcast would be fantastic for us all.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a NO B.S. business podcast, check out The MFCEO Project by Andy Frisella. He's as straighforward as they come and has a style similar to MJ, but actually with a little more bite. No fluff, just real talk

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I agree MJ starting a podcast would be fantastic for us all.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a NO B.S. business podcast, check out The MFCEO Project by Andy Frisella. He's as straighforward as they come and has a style similar to MJ, but actually with a little more bite. No fluff, just real talk

I don't know, the guy looks fairly suspect to me....

lead_large.png

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!