The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need to move From my environment

Anything related to matters of the mind

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I need to move out. Severely toxic environment I'm in and it's the breaking pointing for me now. Looking to move to Thailand or another country like it. Have $700 in my bank account and can Probobly scramble some more for a ticket. I am going to work on odesk while pursuing the fastlane. I'm only 19 and have never traveled out of the country. So I guess I need a passport but I also need a place to live. Also I will be leaving college so I don't know how that works.

I just need out and a new environment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
What are you running from? Chances are, any issues you have wont be solved by relocating to another country. Like the old MadMax line says "Wherever you go, there you are".

Being broken and homeless in a foreign land is probably not a good way to live either. If you are around toxic people, you can always escape that without such drastic measures. Positive influences are usually not too far away.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
What are you running from? Chances are, any issues you have wont be solved by relocating to another country. Like the old MadMax line says "Wherever you go, there you are".

Being broken and homeless in a foreign land is probably not a good way to live either. If you are around toxic people, you can always escape that without such drastic measures. Positive influences are usually not too far away.
It's not like I have a abusive family or anything. My parents are Asian and are stressing me out so much. they are making me become and doctor and with so many expectations and things I can't handle it. My dad just went through my bank statements and got mad at all of the host gator and go daddy purchases and said I should be focusing on my studies. A new environment would do wonders for me. I am not allowed to do anything except study (even summer classes). No tv, Internet, hanging out with friends. I basically have 0 friends because I can't go anywhere. Monday thru Thursday I have to go to class and on the weekends I have to work at my parents place. It's so draining and I just need some freedom. I could move out but that would have to consist of me having to run away anyways. There is no trying to talk to my parents they are super strict.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Just move out and stay within your own city for now. That will do wonders for you as a life change.

Going half way around the world with no funds saved and no income is destined for failure.
Most likely what I will do. Looking at rent is $400 if I rent out a room per month but I will still need a job. I guess I will need to find a place within walking distance or take the bus if it has one. Kind of scared but I know I need to do this

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
First and foremost, you should really be discussing this with family and friends outside of your parents influence, not with strangers on a forum. We don't know enough about you, your parents, or your situation to give you proper direction. Take what is said with a grain of salt.

Talk to you parents about this if you already haven't. Let them know that you need a break and ask for a little breathing room. If you express your frustrations with them, perhaps you can get a little leeway in your schedule. Enough to give you time to work out a plan at least.

Not sure where you are, but If you're old enough to move out, then try to do that responsibly. If you have other family or friends that can take you in until you get to the point where you can live on your own, ask them. Explain the situation to them and let them know your goals and aspiration are not in line with your parents and you need a little space right now.

Running away can be much worse than the life your living now, don't take it lightly.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
Perhaps instead of making a huge decision to leave just take a short sabbatical. Try maybe couchsurfing to stay a few different places and work out of coffee shops. If you are productive then you can change your business life in potentially a couple weeks and go back home empowered to resolve this stuff.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
You are the average of the 5 people your surround yourself with. It is good that you have detected a toxic environment I say go for it, you will learn a lot. But I would get some odesk work FIRST :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What you're saying is they're authoritarian, ridged, strict, and not listening. The possibility of talking to them when they have a closed mind, doesn't always work, but like someone said, we don't know the whole case scenario. If the possibility is there, I would get a job and rent your own apartment. You're and adult if you stated you're age 19. You're a legal adult. If you have been working on fastlane projects and already established something on odesk, I would say that is passive income, but still find a job to help you pay for rent, utilities, and food. If you don't want to be in the same location, just move a few cities away if you can from your parents. You stated you're not being abused and want freedom. What culture are you from too? I know some cultures it is more difficult with parents.

Moving to other countries you will run into problems. I can tell you by moving to the Netherlands, you have to have a sponsor, background checks, finger printing, have to learn the language by a certain time. Language barrier creates problems with getting a job, not knowing the laws, the rules, being able to read what you sign. The only reason it's possible for me, is because my partner is my sponsor, and still had to show the government he could provide for me. There not going to hire you either before they're own countries people, without being a refugee and following rules. I suppose many people get hired from other countries to do work, but usually on contracts, and believe their are still procedures, policies, and paperwork.

So it's not as simple as you moving to another country. There is paperwork, passports, and you do things illegally, you will be deported. If you're going to school in another country, you may be able to pull it off as a student.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I will be moving to a new city. I will get a minimum wage job while working on the fast lane. The problem is that I have to find a new job by the time I get to the new city and I won't have a place to stay unless I have proof of employment. This decision will include me dropping out of school and disobeying my parents and this is a huge step for me. I am still working out the logistics of this.

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
I need to move out. Severely toxic environment I'm in and it's the breaking pointing for me now. Looking to move to Thailand or another country like it. Have $700 in my bank account and can Probobly scramble some more for a ticket. I am going to work on odesk while pursuing the fastlane. I'm only 19 and have never traveled out of the country. So I guess I need a passport but I also need a place to live. Also I will be leaving college so I don't know how that works.

Bad plan, if you could even call it that.

Quit school, alienate your parents...for what??

What's the rush..the Fastlane will still be here when you get done with school.

Here is the magic solution that works for all 19 year olds... get a girlfriend.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This decision will include me dropping out of school and disobeying my parents and this is a huge step for me. I am still working out the logistics of this.
This is really something that you need to think about. It's quite different for everyone. Whether it's now, or obeying your parents and going to college and becoming what they want you to be. This same thing will occur at that point when you finished your degree. You will decide whether to obey your parents wishes. Depending on what kind of Authoritarians they are I can tell you some of them expect you to be obedient until the day they die. So, some point in your life you will have to decide whether you want to live your life for your parents and let them make the choices for you, or take your personal power back and create the life you desire. Either way you will make mistakes, fall, run into obstacles, and have to make different smart choices.

Do what is best for you and whether you want to become a Doctor, and if it's just not what you will every want to do, I would stand my ground and select something different. The other thing is becoming a Doctor is a lot of stress, and Straight A's and I've seen Nurse's get knocked out just by a point and still be straight A's. The - and + usually ends up making it or breaking it, and they're tough. So, even if your parents want it to happen, you studied your a$$ off, it doesn't mean you will always get there.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Here is the magic solution that works for all 19 year olds... get a girlfriend.
Ha! Ha! I told my son stay away from woman until after college or success. That would be a distraction, and not aiming for success. And then if a woman is manipulative and tricks one be pregnant, ah that's whole different ballgame. Not to mention they're messed in the head at that age, because they're still learning about themselves, and sometimes switch partners every five minutes, because they're still working out what life is all about. Relationships can come later when the foundation is stable, finances are in order, and whether a chic sticks around or not, doesn't matter one way or another.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
It's not like I have a abusive family or anything. My parents are Asian and are stressing me out so much. they are making me become and doctor and with so many expectations and things I can't handle it. My dad just went through my bank statements and got mad at all of the host gator and go daddy purchases and said I should be focusing on my studies. A new environment would do wonders for me. I am not allowed to do anything except study (even summer classes). No tv, Internet, hanging out with friends. I basically have 0 friends because I can't go anywhere. Monday thru Thursday I have to go to class and on the weekends I have to work at my parents place. It's so draining and I just need some freedom. I could move out but that would have to consist of me having to run away anyways. There is no trying to talk to my parents they are super strict.

whoa Whoa and WHOA!

You are 19 fuken yrs old--YOU are an ADULT!

Your dad has no right looking at your bank statements if you don't want him to. Telly Daddy TO MIND HIS OWN F*ckEN BUSINESS!

Your Parents are too strict!!! WTF OVER!

Again you are a an legal adult--LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE AND TELL MOMMY AND DADDY TO STAY OUT OF YOURS!

If you can't stand up for yourself no one else will and nothing anyone says here will make one iota of difference.

Cut the goddamn cord sonny!

Good luck and I hope you find the strength, courage, and conviction to follow through.

- Jesse

Tristan2k0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 4, 2014
Southern Colorado
Bro you need to go somewhere big, by yourself. Go to the mountains or the beach or anywhere all day by yourself. Evaluate your life and decide what kind of life you want to live. The exercise that has helped me beyond belief is maintaining the constants vision of my perfect day. I have it hour by hour, I think about that and automatically I begin working my way to get to that perfect day. It's your perfect day for you, not your parents perfect day for you. You are an adult, you have the power now to either listen to your parents or live the life you want. Just keep in mind that death will come, and when you're on that death bed will you have truly lived your perfect life or someone else's idea of life? You know what you want. Follow your damn gut and become Disciplined and Obsessed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Noyd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 28, 2015
Ran away from my place at 17. It's working. My two suggestions for you are faith and begin with the end in mind...meaning it's great that you have certain logistics figured out but what you need now more than anything is something to aim for rather than just run away from. I got stuck once I ran out of vision

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I'm going to be honest, do what your heart desires.

I left my mother's house and moved 500 miles south to Florida. I found someone that cleaned houses/owned a table at the fleamarket. I lived in their dining room (yes where they eat), cleaned houses and ran that stall at the fleamarket for no money(they fed me/housed me). I eventually got a minimum wage job and did all 3 jobs at once, saved money and moved on to someones couch for 200 a month, now I have my own room and make a lot more money than all 3 of those jobs combined at a single, better job, still working towards financial freedom and leaving that job.

The morale of the story is, if you don't like your environment, leave it. BUT, make sure you have connections in the place you are going before you leave. This is hard, but it can be done, I did it and I know other people personally that have done it too. At first you will be in a worse situation than when you left, but as long as you keep striving forward towards your dream lifestyle, you will end up there in the long run.

Fatal Jay

Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
Man I moved from my home town some years back. Best thing I did in my life, the place I left moved so slow the people so narrow-minded. The current city I moved to was a breath of fresh air. Do yourself that favor and move because a energy draining town can destroy you eventually.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
Ever thought about turning your disadvantages into advantages ?

You said because of your parents you have no social life, TV, Internet (even though your on this forum right now) which in turn gives you a lot of time to pursue school/fastlane stuff.

How many 19 years olds you know that have less distractions than you ?

Obviously if they say all you can do is study and nothing else you should stand up for yourself.

What are they going to do, kick you out ?

They won't, in my experience asian parents consider their children like trophies. When their friends asks where is their son and they say "we kicked him out because he didn't study enough", how is that going to reflect on them.

As far as dropping out of school and living off 700$ with a minimum wage job forget about becoming a fast lane success, your chances drop significantly once you have overheads, spending vast amounts of time at a job, living in a rough neighbourhood trying to meet ends meet.

Don't be seduced by the whole "rags to riches" story and take advantage of what was given to you.

Last edited:

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia

That sounds suicidal to me, I wouldn´t do it.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Here you go -- a lowrisk way of getting shit done.

Stay were you are and study your a$$ off for the CompTia +A.

While in studies, look for room in the Metro Atlanta area. Save up for at least a few months.

Move to the Metro-Atlanta area and get your A+. Send out resumes like toilet paper. Something will land.

You may get jobs that are only for a few days, but this still count's as experience on your resume. Helpdesk jobs are everywhere here.

If you do this you will land a shitty job that will pay the bills but at least you'll be independent.

From there you can debate others here to going to a 150k+ slow lane salary or being an entrepreneur and maybe making less or maybe making more, or a lot more, or maybe fulfilling your dreams, etc...

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.