The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can't believe it

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Wow, I can't believe it happened. I've hit rock bottom for the first time in my life. I dropped out of High School, and my mother kicked me out. I joined this forum in my Junior year of high school. At the time I thought when I turn 18 i'd be living like a king, driving Ferrari's, Cruising on my boat. But now that I am 10 days into 18, I've hit rock bottom. I f*cked up.

Now it's time to pick myself up again and turn my life around. I will.. Stop blaming others, stop parting, stop drinking, stop street racing, and starting doing.

Basically, I will be picking myself up with $34 in my bank account, my new car (Paid for thank god), my smart phone, and a box of 15 or so books. My car will be my biggest asset right now. I really want to make this thread gold one day. That's one of my long term goals. To finally provide value to this forum and inspire others without even knowing.

I don't want to start a progress thread (yet) because I haven't made any real progress. But here are some 2 week goals I've made for myself.

- Quit drinking
- Quit caffeine
- Make a new friend
- Learn everything I can about selling online
- Rebuild my relationship with my Mom
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update in 2 weeks. (My laptop is breaking so I need to fix it)

Adios:tiphat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tristan2k0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 4, 2014
Southern Colorado
Damn man, I thought I was the only high school drop out on here. Welcome to the club. I am turning 19 in a few days and I have never been happier with my life. I have learned a few lessons, they have changed my life.
1. Dedicate/Obsess over Greatness
2. Discipline is the key to success in anything of life.
3. Develop the work ethic of a horse.
4. Read Bold and Determined, Danger and Play, and of course this forum.
5. Cut out all forms of entertainment (Social Media, video games) Stop hanging around losers/negative people (including family members)
6. The books that have had the biggest impact on my life have been 30 DAYS OF DISCIPLINE and Gorilla Mindset.
7. Applying these principles will be the easiest thing you have ever done. Cut out all the Bullshit, it's time to get serious bud.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Damn man, I thought I was the only high school drop out on here. Welcome to the club. I am turning 19 in a few days and I have never been happier with my life. I have learned a few lessons, they have changed my life.
1. Dedicate/Obsess over Greatness
2. Discipline is the key to success in anything of life.
3. Develop the work ethic of a horse.
4. Read Bold and Determined, Danger and Play, and of course this forum.
5. Cut out all forms of entertainment (Social Media, video games) Stop hanging around losers/negative people (including family members)
6. The books that have had the biggest impact on my life have been 30 DAYS OF DISCIPLINE and Gorilla Mindset.
7. Applying these principles will be the easiest thing you have ever done. Cut out all the Bullshit, it's time to get serious bud.

Pretty crazy time. But it's good to hear you couldn't be happier with your life.

And thank you for the advice:tiphat:. I'm currently going through Caffeine withdraw, so i'm in the worst mood. But after I'll write all those down so it helps.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I was sleeping in my car at the age of 18 and having a great time.

Your life will be what you make of it. It sounds like you are making choices for the direction that you want to go. Enjoy the journey.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Started where you are. Never gave up. Never quit trying. The first few years were rough, but one hell of an adventure.

Became CEO of a software company by my 40s
Currently a consultant to some of the largest large companies and fastest growing small companies in the US
Just sold a TV show that was conceived of, written by, produced by, directed by, funded by, and starred in by my wife and I to a major cable network
In the process of getting a patent on a product that will provide millions with a better night's sleep
Can't lose the extra pounds because...as I told my wife...we've got something new to celebrate nearly every day!

Hang in there. you'll do fine.

Cheers,
O-2

PS - Ditch the booze, keep the caffeine!

Tristan2k0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 4, 2014
Southern Colorado
Pretty crazy time. But it's good to hear you couldn't be happier with your life.

And thank you for the advice:tiphat:. I'm currently going through Caffeine withdraw, so i'm in the worst mood. But after I'll write all those down so it helps.
Yeah man my pleasure, why have you decided to quit caffeine? Caffeine isn't good for you but it will enhance your energy and performance.
I forgot to mention, start taking Kratom everyday. It has changed me life for the better, made me more disciplined, calmer, motivated, social, euphoria. Believe me or not, it is some amazing shit, check out Good Looking Loser if you wanna find out more about it.
I just ordered a nootropic called Modafinil (Closest real life drug to the drug from the movie limitless) so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
Yeah man my pleasure, why have you decided to quit caffeine? Caffeine isn't good for you but it will enhance your energy and performance.
I forgot to mention, start taking Kratom everyday. It has changed me life for the better, made me more disciplined, calmer, motivated, social, euphoria. Believe me or not, it is some amazing shit, check out Good Looking Loser if you wanna find out more about it.
I just ordered a nootropic called Modafinil (Closest real life drug to the drug from the movie limitless) so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Never heard of Kratom and Modafinil. How do you get acces to Modafinil ?

Tristan2k0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 4, 2014
Southern Colorado
Never heard of Kratom and Modafinil. How do you get acces to Modafinil ?
Find information on them on goodlookingloser.com and boldanddetermined.com
Seriously dude I have been taking Kratom everyday for two months, and these two months have been the most disciplined, powerful, happy, badass months of my life. I definitely recommend it. I know I sound like I'm trying to sell the shit, but don't take my word for it. Look it up on those blogs

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
You have a good mindset man. I bet you're on the right path.

Your biggest assets are your books, this forum, and the people here. Start reading. Start learning. Start taking action.

Don't let your life control you.

I've been in the same place recently, not as bad as yours though. Got depressed. Got very few work done. Played almost the whole day. I wasted months of my time I'm never getting back.

The thing I did first to turn my life around is to get back on reading.

At the time I thought when I turn 18 i'd be living like a king, driving Ferrari's, Cruising on my boat. But now that I am 10 days into 18, I've hit rock bottom. I f*cked up.

You're 18 dude, you're just getting started. Haha.

Looking forward to your progress!

Cheers!

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
@OscarDeuce actually I just wanted to see if I could go a whole day without soda. And at 12:01 my time I rewarded myself with a Red Bull haha. I understand what you mean by keep the caffeine. Maybe I shouldn't give it up. Keeps me energized, and focused.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Good advice in this thread. Just one word of caution: Go easy on the Kratom. It's addictive and withdrawals are a bitch to deal with. Not worth it IMO, so I wouldn't touch it.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Last edited by a moderator:

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Great, all big changes start with your realisation. I remember MJ DeMarco wrote in is book that all startet with the tought "I can`t live like this, this is not acceptable!"

One question: how do you create a progress thread ?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Wow, I can't believe it happened. I've hit rock bottom for the first time in my life. I dropped out of High School, and my mother kicked me out. I joined this forum in my Junior year of high school. At the time I thought when I turn 18 i'd be living like a king, driving Ferrari's, Cruising on my boat. But now that I am 10 days into 18, I've hit rock bottom. I f*cked up.

Now it's time to pick myself up again and turn my life around. I will.. Stop blaming others, stop parting, stop drinking, stop street racing, and starting doing.

Basically, I will be picking myself up with $34 in my bank account, my new car (Paid for thank god), my smart phone, and a box of 15 or so books. My car will be my biggest asset right now. I really want to make this thread gold one day. That's one of my long term goals. To finally provide value to this forum and inspire others without even knowing.

I don't want to start a progress thread (yet) because I haven't made any real progress. But here are some 2 week goals I've made for myself.

- Quit drinking
- Quit caffeine
- Make a new friend
- Learn everything I can about selling online
- Rebuild my relationship with my Mom
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update in 2 weeks. (My laptop is breaking so I need to fix it)

Adios:tiphat:

lol you're 18? your rock bottom is a crack in the floor. I didn't think like you until 5 years later.

Tristan2k0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 4, 2014
Southern Colorado
Good advice in this thread. Just one word of caution: Go easy on the Kratom. It's addictive and withdrawals are a bitch to deal with. Not worth it IMO, so I wouldn't touch it.
Yeah you have to be careful with it. If you have strong character and a strong mind then addiction and withal are irrelevant. But only if you are strong.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Well if it's just a crack in the floor, I don't want to fall through.

u got so much time to get it right its not even funny. i know at 18 you might not realize it yet, you got all the time in the world.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Your biggest assets are your:

TIME
DESIRE

A guy of reasonable intelligence should be able to figure out a way through any obstacle with those 2 things.

Out of curiosity what plan was going to get you Ferraris and a boat at 18 ?
At 16 I thought that the fastlane was "create a business and get rich quick".
But after coming to realisation that the fastlane was so much more than that, I slowly casted away from that attitude. Now that I'm ready to Journey onto the fastlane, I know it's much more than business. It's the best form of education anyone could have. A form of education that gives you opportunities for life. And god am I excited.

(Sorry if that was really long)

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
A one week update:

-I started my full time job. I don't really like it but I'm still picking myself up.
-I called my mom and invited her out to lunch and we are on good terms again.
-I haven't had a "Drink" since I started this post.
-I've been reading about Ecommerce and Importing.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A one week update:

-I started my full time job. I don't really like it but I'm still picking myself up.
one day at a time

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
A one week update:

You are on the right track. Good to hear that you are on good terms with your mom. It can be really stressful to have that conflict going on.

Keep on learning, and you'll figure things out. It's good that you hold yourself accountable, but at the same time, remember that you are only 18. You are bound to make mistakes and fail a little (or even a lot) along the way. You are starting so much younger than so many other people do, and if you keep on educating yourself and aren't afraid to give your ideas a try, you'll make it!

Keep it up!!!

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
It's good that you hold yourself accountable, but at the same time, remember that you are only 18. You are bound to make mistakes and fail a little (or even a lot) along the way.

Yep. Absolutely.

This may be of interest @RadioActive: 'Open letter to myself at 15'

I look back at my 25yo self and smile at how much he knew for sure.

I'm sure the same will happen again in another 10 years.

Just keep heading in the right direction mate.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY

Have to disagree a little bit here. Caffeine has been linked to a decreased risk of heart failure http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/...ee-in-moderation-may-lower-heart-failure-risk but with anything moderation is key. I am a former stim junkie abusing much more than caffeine. 1-3 dimethylamylamine was a stim I used a lot of, and another product was synadrex. Both would make me feel as if I slept an entire night even if I got 3-4 hours of sleep. A couple months of regular use led to mental instability and paranoia like I have never experienced. Now, 2 large cups of coffee a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and I've never felt more level headed and have never gotten better rest. My productivity and thinking have increased since stopping because I have no anxiety in my life (didn't realize it was the case), and in return feel sharp, focused and level.

Kratom...I had an awful experience taking too much and getting very sick (only time I took it). I have a friend that has had permanent tinnitus after his usage even after stopping. Same friend also started getting anxiety issues after prolonged use which subsided after stopping. At first he was a large proponent to having others try it, after a while he was singing a different tune.

Back to the OP. As a college dropout, a little different, but still similarities. This is definitely not going to be easy (as you know), but keep plugging away and it's only a matter of time. Embrace and enjoy the moment, build your business around your target customer, be patient, keep growing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.