The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone use airbnb for an investment property?

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey guys and gals,

I was looking at Airbnb for a vacation, and it dawned on me if this would be a good way to invest in real estate. I've read a few articles about people doing just that, and it seems very interesting to me. Looking to hear from people more well versed in the RE market.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
New guy busting out the search function. Well played sir. I'll go peruse that thread.

The Wall

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Feb 8, 2015
Had it bookmarked for a while. I mostly lurk at the moment as i'm more focused on improving myself and the value I can provide than posting

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I used AirBnB in Mexico City last year (GREAT experience with it BTW). While looking at listings, I saw some people that had multiple properties in different cities, so it seems to me that you could definitely do something like that. I think that AirBnB might just be an additional traffic source to the properties, though.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
The most recent bigger pockets podcast (131) has a guy go into him doing this.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
The thread mentioned by THE WALL is the best one doing around here. Real good insights and straight forwards talks.

Motley crue

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 28, 2015
Portland, ME
I've thought a lot about doing this. when I was looking into it I was thinking I would rent an apartment to put on airbnb so I wouldn't have to wait four or five years to start making profit. however it seems there were some problems like renters contracts restricting subletting, and zoning areas preventing short term stays without a hotel license, all though I think airbnb is trying to take care of the latter problem. however I remember reading somewhere the top earner on airbnb made somewhere in the neighborhood of 7,000,000 in a year so i'm sure there are ways to do it, I would love to hear from someone with any ideas on how to get around the laws and renters agreement.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/live-rent-free-in-multiple-countries.59964/

This was my post on the topic. I've been doing this for years. Airbnb is one option. I get the most traffic and income from there. But I also use VRBO and Booking for reservations.

I am also adding properties in different cities over the next year. Just added one a couple of weeks ago. I am currently living in it and doing some remodeling while my others are renting out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.