The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can someone teach me REAL BUSINESS?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I wouldn't even know where to begin , or start, but I want to learn BUSINESS; Real Business, not an illusion of what a business is, or should be like.

MY STEPS :

1. I First, started out of my apartment I lived in, calling people from the phone book,asking how they started their companies.

2. I went the HOME BUSINESS ROUTE, buying my business in a box, going from financial services, to physical products that were delivered to homes.

3. I bought and cold called leads[which was really , hard for me to do].

4. I approached people, I didn't even know, and tried to preform the hustle .

I was able to gain a few customers' this way,but nothing sustainable.

I became a business partner, with two local tiny business owners in two different niches.
I say Tiny, because they both had less than five employees.Both Businesses were already
on a road to failure. Even , with me bringing in new customers'

After, years of FAILURE, I decided to quit marketing and focus on inventing.This also, has it challenges and choices.

So, you see my journey so far. I want to TRANSITION, turn my life around.Become, like some of the great authors I read about. I just think at this point my life has hit a crises, A person can only crawl so long, before he is ready to walk. Other than being a landlord, I don't see any other strength.

MY VISION WHERE I SEE MYSELF:

Owning and operating a HOTEL or DUPLEXES in a Christian Community, where sharing Gods word and taking tenants to healthy gatherings is a major part of our services.Based on what I learned from handling tenant complaints in 2012-2014 I think I have a understanding of how to create the atmosphere and have incredibly nice living , and still charge tenants less than $1000/mo .

Now, you see my End GOAL where I am trying to reach.

MY why, THE REASON I do what I do, I feel in my soul it is my purpose in life.

Oprah Winfrey, on her blog said a person, has two very important times in their life the day they are born, and the day they realize their purpose.

Reason for this post: I need Clarity, SMART minds to help me think the way I should.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I wouldn't even know where to begin , or start, but I want to learn BUSINESS; Real Business, not an illusion of what a business is, or should be like.

MY STEPS :

1. I First, started out of my apartment I lived in, calling people from the phone book,asking how they started their companies.

2. I went the HOME BUSINESS ROUTE, buying my business in a box, going from financial services, to physical products that were delivered to homes.

3. I bought and cold called leads[which was really , hard for me to do].

4. I approached people, I didn't even know, and tried to preform the hustle .

I was able to gain a few customers' this way,but nothing sustainable.

I became a business partner, with two local tiny business owners in two different niches.
I say Tiny, because they both had less than five employees.Both Businesses were already
on a road to failure. Even , with me bringing in new customers'

After, years of FAILURE, I decided to quit marketing and focus on inventing.This also, has it challenges and choices.

So, you see my journey so far. I want to TRANSITION, turn my life around.Become, like some of the great authors I read about. I just think at this point my life has hit a crises, A person can only crawl so long, before he is ready to walk. Other than being a landlord, I don't see any other strength.

Owning and operating a HOTEL or DUPLEXES in a Christian Community, where sharing Gods word and taking tenants to healthy gatherings is a major part of our services.Based on what I learned from handling tenant complaints in 2012-2014 I think I have a understanding of how to create the atmosphere and have incredibly nice living , and still charge tenants less than $1000/mo .

Now, you see my End GOAL where I am trying to reach.

MY why, THE REASON I do what I do, I feel in my soul it is my purpose in life.

Oprah Winfrey, on her blog said a person, has two very important times in their life the day they are born, and the day they realize their purpose.

Reason for this post: I need Clarity, SMART minds to help me think the way I should.

Find a mentor. Find it at your church, or local chamber of commerce, or somewhere in person. You're not likely to find that person here.

You might search out Christian Real Estate forums (this isn't one) or even go to BiggerPockets real estate forum.

This likely isn't the right place for you to find what you are looking for.

Now that you know your purpose, GO FIND IT. Go make it happen. It isn't going to happen by posting here.

You have to take action. You have to go find common people. Go to where they are. They're not HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Find a mentor. Find it at your church, or local chamber of commerce, or somewhere in person. You're not likely to find that person here.

You might search out Christian Real Estate forums (this isn't one) or even go to BiggerPockets real estate forum.

This likely isn't the right place for you to find what you are looking for.

Now that you know your purpose, GO FIND IT. Go make it happen. It isn't going to happen by posting here.

You have to take action. You have to go find common people. Go to where they are. They're not HERE.

Thank You, Vigilante,you ALWAYS speak your mind. and you gave me FREE OF CHARGE some direction.I appreciate you more than I could put into words.I still love this forum,because, no where else, will you find people like you and others who are REAL.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
I don't know much about real estate but I do know that hotels & duplexes are completely different business models, so you should get clarity on which one you want. Talk to owners of both and find out which one sounds more in line with your vision.

Second, for the financing, I'm presuming you belong to a specific church which has a lot of tax-exempt benefits. Assuming the purpose is non-profit and more about making a difference with your vision, you might be able to tap into those tax-exempt resources to get it built. Don't be afraid of non-profit - FIFA is non-profit and has more money than many countries do...

Those are just my first impressions upon reading this.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
One of the best ways to build a loyal tribe is to simply be yourself and be transparent.
Your story is very powerful when building your business, but not until you have a way to use your story to show where you came from and where you're now.

People connect with your story because it makes them see what's possible and people attract to people that are similar to themselves.
When you first start online you don't need to be an expert, lie and tell people you're successful when you're not and make up things so they will like you.
This is the worst thing you could do.

When you first start your business focus on being the trusted advisor over the cheesy salesman.
Take the focus off yourself and instead redirect all the energy to serving the people following you.
No matter how much someone likes you, they can't control the fact that they care about themselves more. We're hard wired for "What's In It For Me".
If you're new and thinking how can I add value.

I know it is a LOT of money in religion, lol - But If I was you - I would test your idea, engage in christian forums, social media, paid ads etc..

If you're looking to build a long term business it all starts with value you can deliver.
This is why I spend money every month to raise my value I can offer to my customers.

Most people don't make money because they're only focused on themselves.

I don't sit and think how can I put more money into my bank account.
I love making money I won't lie, but I make money by solving problems.
I think how can I help more people.

Start reaching your target hotel guest and talk to them !!!

I've preached this time and time again to people learning from me that your focus should be to help other people solve their problems.
I sent an email to a small portion of my list as an experiment yesterday asking them what they struggle with and need the most help with.
Most of them are surprised I actually replied and that I didn't pitch them anything.
This made me realize one thing:

1.) Very few people take the time to figure out what their audience wants.

When I first started in this business and was on a baby budget I always learned to give way more than I take and because of that my list pulls bigger profits than what people brag about.

If you're struggling to make money it's probably because your focus is on yourself.
I never made a dime until I stopped being selfish and focus on all my own problems.

I didn't see clearly because I was just thinking about how I was in debt and needed to make money.
By sending a simple email to my list I now have a ton of ideas of what my audience wants help with and I can give that to them.

I don't need to guess if I'm heading in the right direction or if my content will get the results I want.
Regardless what niche you're in your audience will give you the answers to what they want, you just have to listen ;)

I know sometimes it's hard to see the big picture when you're struggling to make money, but I promise if you stop thinking about yourself it will always pay you back x1000.

- PsychologicallyUnemployable

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
One of the best ways to build a loyal tribe is to simply be yourself and be transparent.
Your story is very powerful when building your business, but not until you have a way to use your story to show where you came from and where you're now.

People connect with your story because it makes them see what's possible and people attract to people that are similar to themselves.
When you first start online you don't need to be an expert, lie and tell people you're successful when you're not and make up things so they will like you.
This is the worst thing you could do.

When you first start your business focus on being the trusted advisor over the cheesy salesman.
Take the focus off yourself and instead redirect all the energy to serving the people following you.
No matter how much someone likes you, they can't control the fact that they care about themselves more. We're hard wired for "What's In It For Me".
If you're new and thinking how can I add value.

I know it is a LOT of money in religion, lol - But If I was you - I would test your idea, engage in christian forums, social media, paid ads etc..

If you're looking to build a long term business it all starts with value you can deliver.
This is why I spend money every month to raise my value I can offer to my customers.

Most people don't make money because they're only focused on themselves.

I don't sit and think how can I put more money into my bank account.
I love making money I won't lie, but I make money by solving problems.
I think how can I help more people.

Start reaching your target hotel guest and talk to them !!!

I've preached this time and time again to people learning from me that your focus should be to help other people solve their problems.
I sent an email to a small portion of my list as an experiment yesterday asking them what they struggle with and need the most help with.
Most of them are surprised I actually replied and that I didn't pitch them anything.
This made me realize one thing:

1.) Very few people take the time to figure out what their audience wants.

When I first started in this business and was on a baby budget I always learned to give way more than I take and because of that my list pulls bigger profits than what people brag about.

If you're struggling to make money it's probably because your focus is on yourself.
I never made a dime until I stopped being selfish and focus on all my own problems.

I didn't see clearly because I was just thinking about how I was in debt and needed to make money.
By sending a simple email to my list I now have a ton of ideas of what my audience wants help with and I can give that to them.

I don't need to guess if I'm heading in the right direction or if my content will get the results I want.
Regardless what niche you're in your audience will give you the answers to what they want, you just have to listen ;)

I know sometimes it's hard to see the big picture when you're struggling to make money, but I promise if you stop thinking about yourself it will always pay you back x1000.

Next time quote your sources. @Ronnie Bryan 's looking to get away from the guru BS. You're just adding to it by copying other people's crap and passing it off as your own.

For example, here's one source you copy and pasted from: https://www.facebook.com/PsychologicallyUnemployable/

Not to say there isn't value there, but you're adding more to the noise than you are offering a solution.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Going off of what @Vigilante said, you're probably best creating a community of like-minded individuals.

Start reaching out to people that brand themselves as "Christian entrepreneurs". Most Christians are extremely welcoming, and will help you out. Not only will they mentor you, but if you show promise, then you'll already have your first handful of investors.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
I don't keep up with these things but seem to remember reading a while back (time get's away from me, it was probably years back) of some folks trying to establish a Christian town, in Florida, I think. This would seem like the logical place to establish yourself.

Cheers,
O-2

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway

Next time quote your sources. @Ronnie Bryan 's looking to get away from the guru BS. You're just adding to it by copying other people's crap and passing it off as your own.

For example, here's one source you copy and pasted from: https://www.facebook.com/PsychologicallyUnemployable/

Not to say there isn't value there, but you're adding more to the noise than you are offering a solution.

I think if you want to pursue a passion like Ronnie Bryan is telling us about it is EXTREMLY important to do a good customer research since this is not a bootstrap idea. I read that text on another blog, but you showed me that the real sources was "PsychologicallyUnemployable"

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I think if you want to pursue a passion like Ronnie Bryan is telling us about it is EXTREMLY important to do a good customer research since this is not a bootstrap idea. I read that text on another blog, but you showed me that the real sources was "PsychologicallyUnemployable"
But this is a blatant copy and paste. Are you trying to pass off others work and experience as your own?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

@eekern where are you from? What country? It is possibly a language barrier.

Last edited:

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Sorry dude, I had it in my rss feed and tough it would help this person. I am not used to high quality forum like this, I will remember sources from now of for sure.

My point was to forget yourself and really use time on the research:

I can really reccomend this guy for this, the guy is Eban Pegan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Business is about solving people's problems the tougher the problems, the better you solve them, the more people that have the same problem that they would be willing to pay to have solved the more money you make.

Its as simple as that.

You have a problem, you don't know how to start a business - if a successful business person were to offer you to work under his wing for 6 months for $1000 (and you did not get paid at all) you would probably do it.... and that could be a side business for him. Problem => Solution.

Now go solve some problems.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Sorry dude, I had it in my rss feed and tough it would help this person. I am not used to high quality forum like this, I will remember sources from now of for sure.

My point was to forget yourself and really use time on the research:

I can really reccomend this guy for this, the guy is Eban Pegan

Eban Pegan, is about creating and marketing your own information Yes, I agree with you he is a brilliant man,however; he has nothing to do with what I am talking about, or asking about.You are also, if I am correctly understanding you, telling me I am not thinking of others' and that my focus is on MONEY not on my VALUE PROPOSITION.If this were true I wouldn't be focused on under $1000/per month, or being service orientated, Or even the design using concrete buildings with a lot of space,hardwood floors,electric fireplaces, even ceiling fans are all in the planning. I will agree, I feel I am wasting too much of my TIME. and that there are better ways to manage it. Now this is the reason for my thread. To pinpoint the wasted time, take corrective measures, and move forward.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
This real estate "business" of operating a town house complex for under $1000 dollars is a good idea, but it will not bring you the financial success that you are looking for unless you push it on the large scale.

If you are doing it as a noble cause to help others, it is a great idea and I am all for it. However, you are going to be getting a lot of clientelle in these properties who will use religion as a tool to get cheap housing for their families and such. I would tread lightly on this aspiration as it will not bring you success, other than on a passionate level.

There are a lot of great resources here on this forum for business ideas, big and small. Stay focused and hungry and you will get there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.