The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We started with the concept of bringing very little, and just buying it here. However, it was a lot more economical in the end to bring stuff, and the crazy part is we have so much **crap** that my house in Minnesota is still relatively furnished.

My wife gets here Tuesday, and then I will get to rearrange the whole place again. :)

There are only three ways to do this :
1. Bring nothing and buy everything locally. That's a good option if you can buy used, cheap stuff.

2. Use a moving company.

3. Do what we did, which is do it yourself.

I left most of my big stuff in Minnesota, so we bought a lot of stuff here locally. There's a cool store here called "Rooms To Go" where you can just basically go in and buy a whole room at a time.

Pulling the trailer was a nightmare, making the whole rig way too long. If it was just the moving truck without the trailer, it would have been fine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I went to the Tervis Tumbler corporate store yesterday, and found these glasses :

11425160_10206396403901390_4552523590194509105_n.jpg

That picture is shot on my back deck. Small tropical yard.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
There's a cool store here called "Rooms To Go" where you can just basically go in and buy a whole room at a time.

We have one of those here in Charlotte, too.

It's convenient when you just want to get the furniture shopping over with.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Down the road I will be posting a "business accelerator" progress thread.

If you remember from the Millionaire Fast Lane, MJ's change in geography was simultaneous to the paradigm shift in his business. Physical geographical improvement accompanied a paradigm shift in psychological income generation. It was the catalyst to his launch of his Millionaire Fast Lane.

I am a paper multi-millionaire. Good cash flow, good strong business, but being a paper millionaire is very different than the Shark Tank crowd. If I sold the business today, I'd have to build another one.

So along with the change in latitude is coming a change in attitude. I am going to go through a paradigm shift in income generation, and down the road I will share that with you in my business accelerator progress thread. The geographical relocation was significant for quality of life reasons, but it has to be accompanied by a financial acceleration.

My son and I drove last night through an island area south of Tampa called Casey Key. It's a relatively private, Bentley filled drive with the Gulf of Mexico on one side and the intercoastal on the other. (http://www.visitsarasota.org/beaches-places/casey-key/osprey/nokomis)

Stephen King, Oprah Winfrey and Rosie O'Donnell made their homes there amongst the 600 residents. My son fell in love with it, leading me to ask the natural question : "What could keep you from living here?"

The answer for me personally lies in-between today and by business accelerator.

I am winding down my posts in this thread, going back underground for a while to drink in the new surroundings, reposition my company, and take a few drives down Casey Key. For those of you in the Tampa/St. Pete area, we will have a get together this Fall at Tampa Bay Downs.

I have enjoyed chronicling this journey with all of you. Hopefully the continuation thread finishes the story that started here.

My Best.

- Vigilante

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key."

- The Eagles

Thread closed. To be continued...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.