The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it just Facebook Groups and Forums?

MEAH

Lost Without A Map
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2015
Are there any other type of customer management software other than some private Facebook Group or creating a niche forum?

There must be something else I am missing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MEAH

Lost Without A Map
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2015
having some sort of group meeting place for all my clients in one place.

not all of them use facebook, and they all hate forums so I was wondering if there was something else that incorporates forum/group features but isnt directly a forum or facebook group..

basically is there group software that is independent from facebook

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Have you tried a webinar or google hangouts. I know some people who use those and have the group chat with one of them.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
If they all use Skype you can create a group chat there too. Skype has a lot of advanced options in group chats that most people don't know about. The conversation gets saved and you can even make it so that when new people join they get access to the whole conversation. You can segment your customers into different groups if you want too.

Other than the options that have already been mentioned, that's the only other thing I can think of. There are customer support softwares that have public functionality so they can do both private customer management and public as well.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Are there any other type of customer management software other than some private Facebook Group or creating a niche forum?

There must be something else I am missing?
There's stack exchange clones, which are Q&A model sites. Members ask questions, other members provide answers. Good answers are upvoted.

http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/2267/stack-exchange-clones

This is the model Paleo Hacks is built on.

https://www.paleohacks.com/

damondietz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Apr 22, 2011
Holmdel, New Jersey, United States
Facebook Messenger is expanding their app to work for people who don't have Facebook account. Messenger has a great group messenging feature and can be used for what you are looking for but I agree something larger scale might be better if you are looking for hundreds or thousands of people to communicate regularly.

On a separate note, who doesn't have a Facebook account? It seems that maybe your client base is either senior citizens (which even 50% of them have Facebook accounts nowadays) or people in third world countries. If that's the case, maybe anything "internet" related would not be a good solution. Have you thought about weekly phone conference calls? Or google hangout or skype May be easier for some than a Facebook group.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Meah - sweetheart, Tablecrowd gives you the paltform to meet all at once. Not sure if it is relevant to your geography.
Try MEETUP - It is amazingly interactive platform and yes, most of them are onto this,.

G

GuestA4319

If your customers are B2B you can use Slack private groups. I thinks Slack is far better than facebook groups.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If your customers are B2B

She's a personal fitness trainer and competition consultant... her clients expect her personal attention.

G

GuestA4319

She's a personal fitness trainer and competition consultant... her clients expect her personal attention.

Of course, I didn't know what niche she is serving. But for those who are into B2B and reading this thread, they should look into Slack, I've used it with my clients and for an affiliate marketing mastermind and works pretty well, on both cases.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Meah, any update on finding the right stuff that you are looking for. I need more details from you so that I can hunt the best one out there!

MEAH

Lost Without A Map
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2015
Meah, any update on finding the right stuff that you are looking for. I need more details from you so that I can hunt the best one out there!
Much appreciated.... but so far no luck as I have investigated what the market wants and its a combination of things that do not exist in one platform as far as I know.

They want:

1)membership access to my secure protected content (wordpress)
2)unlimited personal email support
3)ability to start and keep their own journal on my website
4)their own profile page (similar to bodybuilding. com's bodyspace profile set up)
5)FAQ knowledge base
6)ALL the above HAS to be PAID members only and automate the process of adding/removing members

they do Not want a forum or facebook group as part of this thing

Last edited:

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I would say your best bet is to have someone piece together a custom Wordpress site with plugins and possibly some custom code.

Edit: Just saw this. http://www.trainerize.com/

Last edited:

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Much appreciated.... but so far no luck as I have investigated what the market wants and its a combination of things that do not exist in one platform as far as I know.

They want:

4)their own profile page (similar to bodybuilding. com's bodyspace profile set up)
5)FAQ knowledge base
6)ALL the above HAS to be PAID members only and automate the process of adding/removing members

So is this a fastlane? Why don't you fire it up?! We the forum members are always here to guide you and help.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009

They want:

5)FAQ knowledge base

What you are looking for sounds like a social network and since you are already familiar with WP you can use buddypress https://buddypress.org/
To protect the content on the site you can use this software called digital access pass. It is a membership plugin that works seamlessly for WP
Check out the features page: http://tiny.cc/dap-features

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.