The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So ... who's in B2B?

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
b2b is gaining attention

currently im in the middle of making a minimal viable product (software) for an entire industry.

it doesn't exist in the market, and I would also like to gain some tips from other b2b startups on things like optimal pricing models

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
currently im in the middle of making a minimal viable product (software) for an entire industry.
And there lies my issue, i'm not an IT guy and all B2B people talk about is some form of software, although I know there is more traditional B2B around.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
And there lies my issue, i'm not an IT guy and all B2B people talk about is some form of software, although I know there is more traditional B2B around.

im not an IT guy either, I just happen to be in a startup creating a software based solution. im sure the marketing aspects and whatnot would be similar.

a tool I got recommended to use is "business canvas model" by strategyzer.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
It doesn't matter what you are selling, software, widgets, business processes, or office supplies, it is still selling to a business. Make sure you can demonstrate your value, a ROI of equipment or software should be less than 3 years.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I'm in hospital B2B sales. I'm about as green as you can get as this is a huge jump from my previous profession. I'll let you know as I start learning the ropes a little more. Overall I'd say it's a pain in the a$$ due to massive barriers, and hospitals are incredibly slow. Good and bad right there.

G

GuestUser113

Any thoughts on b2b E-commerce warehouse/shipper?

You'll need some extra space at home if you want to run this business out of your house, but with a well-organized basement or garage space, you can do it. E-commerce is a huge business, and it's an especially appealing one for small business owners who can't afford to rent a retail space. The problem, of course, is that packing and shipping all those orders can be a real hassle. Many e-commerce companies would like to outsource this function to a third party who can keep the inventory in stock and ship orders as they come in. There are not many companies that offer this service to small retailers, so you could be filling a huge gap in the B2B market.

@Andy Black @Get Right

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
b2b is gaining attention

it doesn't exist in the market, and I would also like to gain some tips from other b2b startups on things like optimal pricing models

What types of businesses would use it? Does it improve ROI? Save me time? What I'm willing to give ($$$) depends on what it does for me ($$$).

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Any thoughts on b2b E-commerce warehouse/shipper?

You'll need some extra space at home if you want to run this business out of your house, but with a well-organized basement or garage space, you can do it. E-commerce is a huge business, and it's an especially appealing one for small business owners who can't afford to rent a retail space. The problem, of course, is that packing and shipping all those orders can be a real hassle. Many e-commerce companies would like to outsource this function to a third party who can keep the inventory in stock and ship orders as they come in. There are not many companies that offer this service to small retailers, so you could be filling a huge gap in the B2B market.

@Andy Black @Get Right

That's an interesting idea. Basically a B2B fulfillment center. Size might be a concern due to most B2B shipments being larger than B2C.

I might be tempted to set up something like this in North Mississippi. Close to major transport hub - Memphis, but cheap real estate/warehousing. Find a good manager, run it remotely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.