The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Difference Between Idealism and Action

Idea threads

Gamaur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,150%
Jul 3, 2015
AU
Greetings!

This is the community I didn't realise I was looking for.

The abundance of support, knowledge and experience around here is second to none. Seriously, if you're an active and contributing member of this place you should be proud of yourself.

A bit about me:

I'm a 30 year old bloke living in Melbourne, Australia. I'm currently working as an insurance broker and have a managerial background in sales and finance. My interest in entrepreneurialism and personal growth was ignited at a young age, and over the past 15 years I've read thousands of pages on the subject. I'm looking extremely forward to adding The Millionaire Fastlane to the list - from what I can tell, it's speaking my language unlike many other motivational resources have. I'll be sure to post a review once I've read it.

The timing of finding this place is amazing to me. I've recently started an e-business with a friend and business partner, and finding a one-stop-shop for advice and mentorship is more than I could've asked for.

My business partner is a technical and programming genius, an auto-didact who has worked his way up 3 tiers in a major telecommunications company through nothing else but talent. I managed him in a financial call-centre several years ago and we've been close ever since.

The title of this thread refers to my historical weakness. Dreaming, but never doing. There's strong circumstantial factors at play, such as a debilitating medical condition that I've had to endure, but I believe in personal accountability over circumstantial blame. It's just going to make my success all the sweeter.

We both cover a bit of everything, but what I'm primarily bringing to our business table is leadership, ideas and project delivery.

At this early stage we've identified two market vacuums with little to no competition. A sub-par website-only service of a similar nature to one of them is currently ranked 30,000ish on Alexa.com, for example. We're primarily an app company but will have a significant web presence as well. My guy can build apps from the ground up and is strongly proficient in HTML 5, something I'm also tutoring myself on at the moment.

We're currently completing planning for our first delivery phase and canvasing the minutiae of each idea to determine viability. This is simultaneous to doing market research, something we still have a lot to learn about.

My goals:

To have complete financial freedom. On the back of that, to become a filmmaker. I'm a huge movie buff and film is my absolute passion. I'm also a pseudo-writer and am working on a book of my own at the moment, though nothing like TMF .

I have plenty of corporate exposure but very little practical experience in terms of entrepreneurism, so I'm really here to learn as much as I can and to share my journey with others. If I can see anywhere I can be helpful and I have the time, I'll always do my best to be of value. Nothing in my life so far has made me happier than when I've helped and supported other people. I intend to bring as much of that here as I can.

Thanks for having me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.