The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An Iranian, completely blind wannabe fastlaner!

Parham Doustdar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Jul 2, 2015
Hi!
Okay, so, whenever I join a forum, people are like, "are you really Iranian?" My response is always "Yes". :)
Also, whenever I tell people I'm blind, they ask me questions like how I can use the computer. I use a screen reader that reads the screen to me. I don't use a braille keyboard -- I've learned to type because it's much faster.
With those out of the way, more information on me: I'm 25, I am a PHP programmer (software engineer), and I am reading the Millionaire Fastlane book. Great stuff, but I realized I need answers to some of my questions. I'm on the very verge of getting married, so I have a feeling that if I make a wrong decision, I might not only wreck my own life, but my future spouse's, as well.
Being iranian, blind, and a wannabe fastlaner don't usually go together for most people. Iranians are supposed to strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves up (that's only in Palestine, btw). The blind are supposed to be miserable and helpless. However, I'm glad to be defying both of these: I'm glad I want to be a fastlaner.
I've joined this forum to learn by asking questions. I'm too much of a newbie to be offering suggestions to anyone, but I'll try to help. I have had to fight for everything I have, so, if you wonder whether you can win against the odds, I would be there to tell you that yes, you can.
I hope to get to know all of you! I'm very social, and as you can probably guess by now, very talkative!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Welcome to the forum.

A fastlaner knows no limits. You are perfect for this!

Being iranian, blind, and a wannabe fastlaner don't usually go together for most people. Iranians are supposed to strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves up

I have worked with some Iranians in the past and would never equate suicide bombers with the nation.

You will not ruin your life or your spouses by have a couple of failed ventures. That comes with the territory. Just keep plugging away and learning.

I look forward to witnessing your progress!

VegasMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 8, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
Welcome, Parham! This is freaky because just yesterday I was wondering if we have any blind Fastlaners around here. Like @SteveO said... no limits! Good luck to you.

Toushi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Aug 3, 2013
Awesome. Seems like adversity is no stranger to you, so business adversity should be an easy friend to work with. Welcome

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
welcome to the forum you're an inspiration.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
@Parham Doustdar
Honest posts like yours are worth a thousand times more than pretty much any motivational video found on the internet.

Welcome.
that's true i honestly find this post really touching man he is truly an inspiration and it take guts to do what he is doing now he could've stayed home and worry every day and say, "you know what i am blind so i am gonna act like it", but to see this guy learning programming languages and all that stuff i found alot of respect in that.respect my friend.

Parham Doustdar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Jul 2, 2015
مرحبا في الفوروم @Parham Doustdar

Thanks for the inspiration, looking forward to hear about your progress here too
Thanks a lot! I'm guessing that was Arabic? I know very little of Arabic (we speak Persian/Farsi in Iran). But still, Google translate to the rescue! :)
Thanks a lot. You will probably see lots of questions first, but then I'm hoping to make progress!

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Thanks a lot! I'm guessing that was Arabic?

She said marhaba fee al forum or hello/welcome in/to the forum.

I'll also drop in and say my hellos. Thread caught my eye, very interested to see what direction you take here.

I worked with several folks that had visibility challenges back when I was selling computers. Glad to see your situation isn't holding you back… in fact you're aiming to dominate in a way very few people ever do.

Good luck mate!

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Being a programmer who is blind... That's pretty dang impressive! Welcome.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Good luck to you, I'm looking forward to reading your continued progress in life. it's inspirational. A few questions, are you currently living in Iran, and are you getting married to an Iranian woman. Also hang in there, technology is advancing so fast, in about 10 to 15 years you will get your site back, they already have bionic eyes, but they are only 60 dot resolution, last I read up on this technology they were working on a 1500 dot resolution bionic eye.

Last edited:

Parham Doustdar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Jul 2, 2015
Good luck to you, I'm looking forward to reading your continued progress in life. it's inspirational. A few questions, are you currently living in Iran, and are you getting married to an Iranian woman. Also hang in there, technology is advancing so fast, in about 10 to 15 years you will get your site back, they already have bionic eyes, but they are only 60 dpi resolution, last I read up on this technology they were working on a 1500 dpi resolution bionic eye.
I am living in Iran, and I'm getting married to an Iranian woman. A blind Iranian woman.
Technically, I don't "get my sight back" – I haven't had sight to begin with. However, being born blind means you don't wistfully look at the past and wish you still had your sight. It leaves me free to focus on the here and now, rather than what I've lost.
But the thing is, I sometimes have this thread of doubt about this whole sight thing, and whether I would go through with it if I had the chance. Everything has its price, even getting an extra sense that you never had. It's like someone telling you that they could make you a telepath, for example. The question, for me at least, is what will I lose? Will I lose my ability to focus? Will spending a year or so learning to see set me back, or will it allow me to do things I couldn't do before?
For now, I think it's the former: with proper planning and provisioning, there's nothing that I can't do, or I can't ask others to do for me. Plus, what would be the fun in it? Some part of me is always thrilled that I'm rebelling against normalcy, that I'm doing things previously thought impossible. After all, if I could see, I wouldn't be able to boast about the fact that I'm the very first Iranian to get an article published on a big PHP website like SitePoint, or that I'm among the very top saught-after PHP programmers in Iran. The fact that I'm blind multiplies the impact of each of these statements, simply because people think that I can't.
Does that make sense?

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Congratulations on your engagement. I get what your saying. I like your optimism and inner strength. The bionic eye technology is still 10 to 15 years away, they are working on a few different methods to restore sight, one of the ways is to put in on top of the brain, so even if you never had eye sight, it will still work for you, I'm looking forward to reading your progress, on your fast lane journey, good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...