The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea Testing

Idea threads

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Hello,

Nearly daily I have new ideas and I am really thankful for that.
What I struggle with is to decide in what idea to get into.

Today I had a little idea targeting students in germany. I've found out that there are 370000 students every year who COULD need my product.
I was in class today and thought: "Man I wish that was existing!" and boom. A idea was born.

Its a digital product which people search on the internet. I know that these "If I sell to only 1% of the 370000 students, I will be rich" mentality is crap, but I think its necessary to see if people are even looking for what I have to offer.

I searched the internet and found "google trends" where I can enter a search keyword and find how much the keyword got searched in the last hour, month etc.
The bad thing about it is, that it doesnt display the real number.
I know that some of my classmates already searched the internet for my product keyword.

Is there any way I can find out how often people search it in general?

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Middleton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 25, 2015
London
If you already have a website you can set up a Google Adwords. There's a keyword tool that you can use to look at how often a search term is searched.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I would suggest using AdWords to see if the keywords have merit, if so set up a landing page which briefly describe product, maybe fake some screenshots. Have a call to action like get here which redirects to a form asking them to sign up for beta etc. Not many people will fill out the form but you will be able to track how many people click the "get here" which should give you some indication of audience and whether you can drive conversions later with ads. You don't need to spend much to do this and its better than building something first without knowing you can sell it. Don't mention its not built yet on the first page, make it look as much as you can like the product exists and is enticing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Middleton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 25, 2015
London
The best way would be to talk to them. It sounds as though you're a student yourself (or maybe a lecturer). You can simply ask the students how they would search for a solution to [whatever the problem is] and monitor any trends in how they search. Nothing quite beats good old fashioned market research.

I would also be concerned about how you will market your product. If you've done research on how they'd search, you could use adwords but you'll need to make sure you've got capital to back it. Even if you did, you might not get the response needed to justify the spend.

Joe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.