The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't Wait

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

DeletedUser394

About a month ago I was hanging out with @SlowlaneJay. We were biking around and stopped on the waterfront to talk about business and his shitty taste in cars, etc. (lol)

He was telling me all about how he decided he wanted to go to Asia to pursue his goals in that environment. A few weeks later he made it happen. Just like that.

As far as I know, he's taking over Thailand as we speak.

While we were talking, at some point I pointed to the building directly behind us and told him about how much I would like to live there. In my head I came up with the standard self doubt/excuses as to why I couldn't afford and/or deserve to live in a prime location right on the water.

I moved into that building this afternoon. The exact one I pointed to one month ago.

This is a new chapter in both of our lives. This location will force me to work harder and grow my income. I'm surrounded by go getters and the hustle and bustle of a city centre, so the motivation has reached new levels. No more suburbia for me.

Life is short.

Don't wait.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mass

It's about time
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2015
United Kingdom
@GrumpyCat excellent post to light a fire under peoples a**.

I'm having a similar experience myself, I've been talking about putting together my business but have always put it off with excuses such as "I dont know how to build a website", "I dont know if it will work", "How will I get x feature working", "I dont have time" etc, theres a million and one excuses that anyone can come up with.

Well, I starting learning Wordpress yesterday afternoon and in around 3 hours I've managed to knock together a pretty good website, not bad considering I didn't know what I was doing. What I'm trying to get at is that if your like me, you'll make a task out to be some massive mountain that you have to climb, once you start the climb it becomes much easier and your often find that it isn't as difficult as you percieve! I've got to work more on my website and add more contect etc but I can honestly say that I'm proud of what I have done so far.

As the saying goes "JUST DO IT"
Start moving forward and then worry about the finer details as you get there, the important thing is Take the First Step!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Simple,
but very powerful.
But theres one question that makes people back off.
"HOW?".

It's normally "How!" .... not "How?" .... and people just give up before they start.

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser394

How about some photos of the view? I've often wondered what it would be like to live in those apartments.

Massively happy you made this happen by the way. Now you just need to get started on a plan to buy the whole block! :)

Views are decent, but not spectacular. Only on the 7th floor of a 9 floor building. I'm already eyeing one of the all glass towers just down the street. That would be great.

Anyway, I can't really complain about the view when this is my backyard.. we can raft right to my apartment when you get back lol.

DSC_0364.jpg

Coach Shane

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 8, 2015
This location will force me to work harder and grow my income. I'm surrounded by go getters and the hustle and bustle of a city centre, so the motivation has reached new levels. No more suburbia for me.

Life is short.

Don't wait.

It's like getting married or (especially) having a kid--it's a MAJOR wake-up call to "haul a$$!" Congrats, GC! As a fan of the Jeffersons, it's nice to see that you're "movin' on up"

for the next few hours I'll be singing "fish don't burn in the kitchen, beans don't burn on the grill"...

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I need to move to Ontario. Won't say where I am, but let's just say "boring".

D

DeletedUser394

Now your turn @SlowlaneJay to post something from Phuket :)

Yeah... now that I think of it, he has never actually proven that he left to go to Thailand.

Maybe he just doesn't want to hang out with me anymore, so this is all an elaborate ruse. LOL

j/k... maybe ;)

@SlowlaneJay, pics good sir. plz

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Saskatchewan? lol

I'm not in Ontario though, it's been years since I've been to Toronto.

Don't wait dude, make it happen :)

I've not been to Saskatchewan, but I'd probably say in response; No, Worse than that lol.

merc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 12, 2014
@GrumpyCat have you read outwitting the devil? This thread reminds me of Hill's story. Awesome stuff. Surround yourself with growth and youll have no choice but to make it to happen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.