The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post Your Desk or Work Area! (The Workspace Thread)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
V4ne5BZ.jpg

This is what an Online Tech's 'Office' looks like.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
IMG_4622_zpstoi1mcw8.jpg

^ That's my work space, just took a quick pic so please don't mind the mess.

Below is my "kids aren't sleeping" work space. LOL :)

IMG_4621_zpsvvhig4fs.jpg

And lastly, my Slowlane "work space" (This one isn't my pic, but you get the idea)

cruiser_zpsw53clxvp.jpg

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
Checking in from Koh Phangan. Full moon tonight :)

My new office for today. Let's see how many people we can motivate to get out of their cubicle or off their kitchen table.

20150603_153706_edited.jpg

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
My new office for today. Let's see how many people we can motivate to get out of their cubicle or off their kitchen table.

I've never really got the 'this is the sea/my pool view where I work' thing. I'd much rather work indoors, in a quiet, cool office with zero distractions and zero sun glare.

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
I've never really got the 'this is the sea/my pool view where I work' thing. I'd much rather work indoors, in a quiet, cool office with zero distractions and zero sun glare.

I actually am sitting inside, but the whole wall of the cafe opens up so its sort of inside/outside. No sun glare, cool sea breeze, quiet music. It's a hell of a lot nicer than sitting in a Starbucks somewhere. Even when I've rented an actual office I end up working from a cafe a lot of the time just for a change of scenery. Why not have a killer view to go with it.

I think the big thing is that I have the ability to sit where I am right now and don't have to ask permission from anybody. That's not to brag, but to remind myself of what I've accomplished so far and to encourage others they can do the same.

A quick story. The last time I was semi stationary I had just rented a big house with a detached garage with a huge office space above. A month after moving in I got a text message from a friend who was in San Diego for a few days. It said "I don't always work when I'm on vacation, but when I do . . ." and was a picture of his ocean view. I looked out my office window and saw a cul-de-sac and the neighbor's house. I had had the nice view before, so why the hell was I staring at a patch of asphalt. Within the week I had bought one way tickets for my whole family to Europe, canceled our lease and was on a plane two months later.

I may not be more efficient working here than in an office building somewhere, but I'm certainly happier. That's worth a little bit of sun glare. Your mileage may vary.

G

GuestUser140

Me too. Until recently.

When you are in Chuma mode, building your website, writing copy, ... doing whatever needs to be done to set something up and gain traction, a table, chair and a white wall are your best friends. Even a radio might be the enemy.

But picture this:

Your business has been running smoothly for a while now. You outsourced day-to-day repetitive operations. Your time is dedicated solely to marketing and growth.

You need to make calls to open another location, hire another employee, hire a contractor for a new task, email suppliers since you're sourcing a new product, etc etc. You can tell I'm in a product based business, but it applies to any business.

Would you choose this or the kitchen table?

If a supplier despatches a bit on the late side, would you get upset having this view?

Wouldn't you love a bit of nice music in the background while you "work"? It's not like you're still churning out code 10 hours a day at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Nice slow lane work space. I have the same one as well. I like to refer to the Mobile Data Terminal aka the computer, as my mobile dinner table. As fun as it is, I find myself wanting more as well.

Be safe out there brother, until our Fastlane ventures let us "retire" early!

D

DeletedUser394

Significantly upgraded the view from my desk starting today. To the right there's a view of the riverfront.

Before this I was staring at a wall in the middle of suburbia. Now I'm ready for real action.

Sorry for poor quality pic.

11694161_474768109367931_547602070070101044_n.jpg

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Set up a new office for wife and I in our new rental house in NJ.

Ps5gLqy.jpg

3WUZ53Z.jpg

97E1nSz.jpg

The office feel, not facing a wall, and having a window in the room has helped with productivity tremendously compared to my previous offices. I can easily spend the whole day in here and not feel like I want to break out of it.

I'm not at beach-status yet. Maybe in the future. I'm also not sure if it's right for me.

benpusch

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jun 11, 2015
Düsseldorf, Germany
It is freaking hot in Germany so I didn't want to drive to the office, found a better way of working :)
Your dream job does not exist, you must create it
No beach view yet - I am working on it!

And before someone judges me browsing amazon: Just bought a new book about habits and a new journal ;)

6QCiIf7.jpg

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I was going to assume you did podcasts, then I saw the RockIt monitors. Good choice BTW :rockon:
Yeah, they're leftovers of an old hobby. I suppose I do have everything I need for a great sounding podcast, minus the whole great personality thing HAHAHAHH

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
How do you deal with reflections?

Don't you think it's strenuous on your eyes even under an umbrella?
I am wondering the same thing. I could never work on a beach like that for that reason.

I used to have the anti-glare monitor on my Mac, but they stopped making them for some reason. Now you need to have the highly reflective glass.

Even working on my porch is a challenge.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How do you deal with reflections?

Don't you think it's strenuous on your eyes even under an umbrella?
I am wondering the same thing. I could never work on a beach like that for that reason.

I used to have the anti-glare monitor on my Mac, but they stopped making them for some reason. Now you need to have the highly reflective glass.

Even working on my porch is a challenge.
Use anti-glare screen protectors.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014

Same here, when I moved to this place I thought I was gonna be working outside like a baller. Tried it once, didn't get any work done,

WnfDEgZl.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.