The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Repairs before closing?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I thought something to do with the title? I never seen it before. Weight of evidence is better than what I came up with lol. I seriously don't know what to do...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
Are you not working with a realtor? They should be walking you through the whole process.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
She doesn't have any experience with this type of purchase. And shes not privy to my loan info. She doesn't work for the bank :( I have a call into her but I doubt she knows any more than I do. The loan officer said his processor will handle the conditions. I have submitted like everything on that list. The only question is does this guy need to see the utilities on now or after we do repairs. If it's now I'm screwed and should not send in the money. If it's after I'm mint. We had the appraiser estimate over 14k in repairs. Were getting them done for 4500. I think Thats what they are talking about being corrected. I need to get clarification before I do anything. I can not afford to keep spending $375 every 15days indefinitely.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I just don't understand... If it's subject to repairs after closing why is it in prior to docs? It has a comma in it... Must inspect with utilities, subject to repairs.... I guess I am going to the bank first thing Monday. This may or may not be the end of the road for this transaction.

Finally heard from the realtor. Shes calling the manager and processor and seller. It was so lovely of them to drop this on me at 5:04pm on a Friday. And the douche I'm dealing with is on vacation next week lol.

I have to get everything figured out in less than 3 hours Monday morning. Something I have been trying to do for the last 3 months! I am not holding my breath.

What a nightmare lol ;-)

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Ok everything is still going ;-)
Got all the conditions worked out. Its after closing. Sending off the extension fee and getting updated commitment off to pemco.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
The list of conditions were whittled down to 2. Adjustment/correction of the escrow docs so the appraisal the escrow and contractors numbers are in sync and a new copy of our 2013 w2. That's it.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
After spending all day and clarifying everything she sent over the new commitment letter AFTER I overnighted the fee. The water is on there BEFORE still! She told me over the phone (i have it recorded) and my husband and I in her office that it was AFTER. She said underwriting sent her those. I am going to flip out! I texted her back and forth as well as sent her the notification email with datestamps showing her where they were notified about the water, she said shes working on it... Then my frickin realtor sent over the letter to the seller that still needs to be corrected, it has no date for settlement on it and the conditions still aren't right. Thankful I have that email though. I have proof where pemco said if the water was an issue we had to change financing. That was march 23rd.

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Underwriting just signed off! Phew! Hopefully this new new letter is right now holy shitballs. I can't believe these are professionals

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Almost... Now the next issue. I gave the guy the homeowners paperwork on March 17th. The deductible is 2500. The bank wants 1000. I can't get that at state farm. The other quotes for that deductible are 3x the cost... Which totally skews my dti. Hopefully they let the insurance deductible go or Idk what. Again I feel this should have been addressed in March when I submitted the info :(

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
No response from the mtg lady on the reqs... I got a request for finance amendment from the seller I need the bank to fill out to process the extension (that technically started on 5/27) So I have to call her. I am so torn. Do I straight up tell her that her boy messed up again (as well as the processor, and the underwriter and herself) all missed the deductible. Or do I not say anything. I have to resend the requote(its been 90 days since original) I am afraid if I don't make it known now it's gonna bite me in the a$$. And if I do I am afraidit's going to kill the deal... Thoughts? I already know what I am doing curious how many others agree ;)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Max deductible is 5% ! WOOT!!! It looks like we're good! June 26th!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Omfg lol. Rate lock was not extended apparently as the manager told me. They want me to resign gfe at .25% higher. It never F*cking ends with this place... I literally have no choice. If I don't I won't get the house...

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Decisions decisions...

Idk if my sig is visable but my quote says. Brick walls are there for a reason, they let us prove how badly we want things... I try to be persistent. I do not give up easily on anything... This house situation just never ends...

I finally got the gfe and there was a difference in out of pocket costs which made me look closer to all the numbers more carefully. Here there were more origination fees than before. I questioned him. He gave vague responses about asking for credits and adjustments possibly being made.

I found after really reading the forms there were $833.14 in extension fees included in the origination fees... For extensions that this guy filed with his rate lock desk WITHOUT our knowledge or consent.

He apparently filed so many I couldn't get the only one I ever knew about expiring on June 4th That his manager said she had extended past my closing date... (which she never did I found out friday) They both had me file 2 extensions After they both knew my lock was up.

I don't even know what to do. I spoke to the managers manager and a branch manager. Both just about as useful as the first 2... I have a message into the managers managers boss voice mail lol... I'm holding my breath.

I am now in over 3k in fees and inspections and extensions and he wants me to eat another 800 he was trying to bury in the hud hoping I wouldn't notice...

I still would like the house :( I absolutely refuse to pay those extension fees on the rate lock I did not authorise. I really am extremely pissed about the 3.5% rate the manager lied about extending...

Wwyd?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Spent over an hour on the phone with a higher up who is trying to fix this mess and get me closed.

I have not signed any new locks or extensions... I still refuse until this stuff is correct.

The bank is now at least attempting to rectify the situation and make this right. The person I spoke with tonight seemed to be able to handle it.

I told everyone that if any more extensions are needed they will need to pay for them. I was told it would be taken care of.

I just hope this finally gets fixed and I finally get the house...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Supposed to be closing on the 16th. Waiting for the final hud to be ready (issue on last one. Suprise lol) once it's finalised on Monday it will be sent over to the seller for approval and then we can close!!!

I stuck to my guns. We didn't sign anything. The lender paid for the last 2 extensions and covered all the bogus fees and are buying my rate back down to the 3.5% I was told with no cost to us...

Its still not over till we sign on the line and take possession but everything is clear and ready to close with the exception of the final approved hud!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Closin in t minus 2hours 4minues!!!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
The view from my porch :D
74e5b4875417c8c1f722d498baad0b35.jpg
the leaky pipe... All better now.
6787facec0e71486a20c569c006d5c66.jpg
531ada7361f50244828c9a70f54e47a7.jpg
We are not moved in yet. Going to pick up the appliances tomorrow after hubs is done work. We got them today but the earliest delivery date was next Thursday! Oh the joys of being rural lol.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Just passed our final repair inspection!!! We are finally done! Now the real fun starts... Within 3-6mo the renovations will start ;-)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.