The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journey To 20k Per Month By Christmas

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
What's up guys!

Decided to post a progress thread to hold me accountable until I reach my goal by christmas this year.

If any of you are on the same path or have a similar goal, I would love to exchange ideas and help you achieve your goal too.

Vehicles
  • Kindle Publishing (writing my own books)
  • Kindle Publishing (outsourcing books from writers)
  • Fitness/bodybuilding infoproduct (ebook + audio version)
Execution

I made 1,5k in three weeks with my first kindle book and grew my email list to 100 people.

The plan is to write 1 book per month until christmas, so when xmas comes around, I would have total of 7 books written, which would bring the income around 10k. (7 x $1500 = $10,000) Now of course some books will probably make me less than 1-2k per month but I think I can surely hit an average of 1.5k per month with the books. My email list is will probably grow with around 100 new subscribers with every book, so it will be easy to launch new books straight into the best sellers lists.

As what comes to the outsourcing, my goal is to publish 4 books per month, which would total 24 books by christmas. If I can make ONLY an average of $200 a month per title, I would be at 5k by christmas, which is around 3 sales of each book per day. And also grow my email list with each book, which will then make it easier to launch new titles.

I got a friend who is making over 5k per month with 3 outsourced romance titles, so I'm sure I can hit an $200 a book per month average.

As what comes to the fitness product, which is priced at $197, I need to get to 25 sales per month by christmas, and I will be at total of $20,000 per month.

I will be going super hard every day marketing this thing through different avenues.

Right now I'm doing Bing ads with $5/day and starting forum marketing tomorrow, and also I will try to get my product raking high on Clickbank so I could get some affiliates to promote my product.

Mindset

If people can put a man on the moon, surely I can make 20k per month. Which is $600 dollars per day.

How many people are there making $600 a day? Yeah..Plenty...

What another man can do, another can do.

''The only limit to what you can have in your life is the size of your imagination and your level of commitment to making it real.''

Daily Actions

I will spend 3-4 hours on writing every day, and 3-4 hours on marketing the Fitness product.

That's the initial plan to make happen each day. Every hour left after those are accomplished goes into more writing and marketing.

---------------------

Let the journey begin ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Your plan doesnt seem well thought out.

Why not create one single quality product and market that?

db7903915

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Aug 8, 2014
Canada
Congratulations with the current success! Looks like you have a solid plan, and since your customer base is clearly giving you money, I don't see why that would change with more books.

Did you make the product or the ebook first? I'm currently in the very early stages and having a hard time picking one over the other.

Also, are the ebooks related to the fitness product? Or are they in a different niche?

18inMiami

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 28, 2015
In regards to your friend with the three romance novels, approximately how long are those books

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
You need to have a damn good reason to charge $197 for a fitness infoproduct.

If I were teleported back in time 6+ years when I started my training, I would have certainly paid $197 easily for someone who has been training for 6+ years and could save me years of mediocre effort and mediocre results in the gym.

Wouldn't you?

I mean, 197 is what most people spend on startbucks lattes in two months.

+ It's also 100 pages + Audio version of the whole thing.

Some shitty personal trainers charge $500 a week and you learn jack shyt.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Congratulations with the current success! Looks like you have a solid plan, and since your customer base is clearly giving you money, I don't see why that would change with more books.

Did you make the product or the ebook first? I'm currently in the very early stages and having a hard time picking one over the other.

Also, are the ebooks related to the fitness product? Or are they in a different niche?

Thank you!

I started Kindle stuff first.

It really doesn't matter which one you do first but on Amazon you can start selling from day one if your book is good and launched well.

My product and the books are in a different niche. Amazon books are self-dev.

Happy Grinding

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
In regards to your friend with the three romance novels, approximately how long are those books

They are 150 pages approx. Which will cost around $500-600 when outsourced.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Your plan doesnt seem well thought out.

Why not create one single quality product and market that?

The fitness product is really high quality. The shiny object syndrome is just too strong.

I want to do 2 things at once, which will require twice the effort but I'm up for it.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
powerful writting
If people can put a man on the moon, surely I can make 20k per month. Which is $600 dollars per day.

How many people are there making $600 a day? Yeah..Plenty...

What another man can do, another can do.

''The only limit to what you can have in your life is the size of your imagination and your level of commitment to making it real.''

Last edited by a moderator:

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
If I were teleported back in time 6+ years when I started my training, I would have certainly paid $197 easily for someone who has been training for 6+ years and could save me years of mediocre effort and mediocre results in the gym.

Wouldn't you?

I mean, 197 is what most people spend on startbucks lattes in two months.

+ It's also 100 pages + Audio version of the whole thing.

Some shitty personal trainers charge $500 a week and you learn jack shyt.

the best fitness infoproducts (from a pure quality standpoint) are all done by guys who have had 5-10+ years of training and know their shit and they mostly sell between $47-97 (most are much closer to $47).

Not saying you can't sell something for $197, but you need to put out something pretty freaking amazing if you want people to shell out $197 on the front end.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
the best fitness infoproducts (from a pure quality standpoint) are all done by guys who have had 5-10+ years of training and know their shit and they mostly sell between $47-97 (most are much closer to $47).

Not saying you can't sell something for $197, but you need to put out something pretty freaking amazing if you want people to shell out $197 on the front end.

Maybe I'll drop it to 97!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.