The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I tell every single one of them... when they get to that point (not IF) that is their time to leave and go do their own thing. Every single employee, without exception, reaches the point where they start to think their contributions exceed their pay... especially when you are living the remote life and following the commandment of TIME.

Thanks for this @Vigilante.

Does that mean you actually let them go at that stage, or just that you tell them those are the options - stay on current salary, or strike out on their own?

I could understand that when someone gets to that point, then it's better to get someone else in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser140

We shouldn't judge the success of our business by the size of our office or the number of employees.
Having an office or having a headcount isn't an end-goal, just potential stepping stones towards our end-goals.

...as opposed to small to medium sized Asian companies in general, where the first thing they mention is the amount of factory workers they employ.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thanks for this @Vigilante.

Does that mean you actually let them go at that stage, or just that you tell them those are the options - stay on current salary, or strike out on their own?

I could understand that when someone gets to that point, then it's better to get someone else in.

That becomes sort of the point of no return. I don't fire them, but once it manifests itself (and human nature says it always will) that's the point that they are encouraged to go try something else.

Most people that have ever worked with and/or for me should have a unique skill set that they would be able to go replicate this type of business, but interestingly enough, most go take other regular jobs. Jobs with less transparency and less freedom. Maybe for more pay, maybe not. They just reach a point where they want more of what I have, and feel entitled.

Dick Schulze is the founder of Best Buy, and the richest man in Minnesota. At one point, he had 50,000 employees working for him, all making him and the shareholders and the corporate machine more money. On the day that each of the 50,000 people were hired, they were all happy to have a job, and all agreed to the wages they were making. Most of them were probably pumped up on their first day just for the chance to be part of Best Buy. One by one, they all got dissatisfied with their wage. They're McDonalds workers, thinking they are a bigger part of the success than they really are. One by one, most got envious of the modern day Dick Schulze for the wealth his ideas accumulated. They thought they were entitled to... more. They weren't there when he thought of the idea that created their jobs. They weren't there when he bet it all, taking a double mortgage on his house and putting everything at risk. They weren't there when he fought on the edge of bankruptcy twice. They weren't there when he decided to give all of his employees health insurance. They just wanted... more.

It happens. That's the $15/hour McDonalds discussion. It happens with every employee, in every successful business, in nearly every job. When I was 22 years old, I thought I should be the president of the company I worked for (which, ironically, was Best Buy.)

So, I just know the cycle, see the cycle, identify the cycle, and help people recognize what is going to make them happy along the way. Everyone loves their job and their boss and their salary on their first day. When that changes, for any reason... it's time to pursue what you think are greener pastures. We all know they are not greener, but that is the point when you shift from being an asset to being a liability for me. And that's the window when it is healthy for the employee... and the business... to make a change.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I love this thread.

@Vigilante, @MJ DeMarco - just for clarification: do you mean "traditional" employees sitting in an office or virtual ones too? For instance, do you consider a personal assistant an employee or a contractor?

I know what a pain in the a$$ having an office with employees is, but when I hire virtual employees it feels different (they seem to be much more entrepreneurial than your typical desk jockey).

Virtual employees are the best. They're someone else pain in the a$$. And, you can fire them on a whim. No strings attached. Not employees. Virtual whatevers are contractors. Independent agents that serve at your pleasure. If they suck, you fire them. If they don't do what you want them to do, you fire them. If they bore you... you fire them. That's it. They serve at the total discretion of whom ever is paying for that hour.

I am talking about a virtual assistant, a bookkeeper or CPA out there in the world somewhere, or anyone else that you pay for a service that doesn't have the typical boss/employee dependency. Not a W2 employee, but a virtual outsourced task.

The simple distinction to tell which is which is this... if you could walk in tomorrow, terminate your relationship with them with no strings attached, and simply keep going without the bullshit (notice, unemployment, COBRA, etc...) they're not an employee.

By definition, they would be someone else's pain-in-the-a$$.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thank you for your answer, @Vigilante. That's very helpful. It made me realize that's precisely what I want, which means I have to adjust my business strategy accordingly to grow it completely virtually.

I have to admit I'm a bit apprehensive about the idea of having a totally virtual business (for some reason it feels less stable to me - which is probably a completely unfounded view), but you prove that one can achieve great success while taking this approach. You get the best from entrepreneurship without the worst.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Vigilante

Your offhand comments are gold nuggets that will save many of us years of frustration.

Thank you.

Last edited:

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
Dick Schulze is the founder of Best Buy, and the richest man in Minnesota. At one point, he had 50,000 employees working for him, all making him and the shareholders and the corporate machine more money. On the day that each of the 50,000 people were hired, they were all happy to have a job, and all agreed to the wages they were making. Most of them were probably pumped up on their first day just for the chance to be part of Best Buy. One by one, they all got dissatisfied with their wage. They're McDonalds workers, thinking they are a bigger part of the success than they really are. One by one, most got envious of the modern day Dick Schulze for the wealth his ideas accumulated. They thought they were entitled to... more. They weren't there when he thought of the idea that created their jobs. They weren't there when he bet it all, taking a double mortgage on his house and putting everything at risk. They weren't there when he fought on the edge of bankruptcy twice. They weren't there when he decided to give all of his employees health insurance. They just wanted... more.
This happened to me in every job that I had either due to wanting more or complete ineptitude of management. It was just a small part of the journey that I wanted more and it took these experiences to learn that.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I think it is the "wanting more" that eventually leads great employees into becoming entrepreneurs. You get paid to learn, on someone else's payroll. In exchange, you give them your labor and they make money off of your work. Eventually, this value exchange becomes less and less attractive to you, until finally you are wanting to go out on your own, and do it for yourself and your family and your legacy. You don't want to work for someone else for the rest of your life. And... another entrepreneur is born.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So next week is D-day. This coming weekend, I have rented a massive truck. What started as just a plan to take a little truck and a few things and get there and buy all new stuff... has morphed into renting a massive uHaul, pulling a car behind it, and a second rig that my son will drive down for me with my F350 pulling his Mustang GT. The drive is going to take us three 9-hour days as we will be going slower than I prefer. We'll use about 300 gallons of gas on the way down. I think we will probably leave Monday morning at the crack of dawn, point the trucks southeast, and ease on out of Minnesota. I bought some FRS radios so we can play smokey and the bandit on the road. Unfortunately, my "bandit" is going to be in my F350 with a car trailer in tow, so we won't be outrunning anyone.

I probably should have hired a moving company. I didn't think we were bringing as much stuff as we are. Three days in that massive truck and my a$$ is going to be paralyzed. I did find a company here locally that employs military veterans that I am hiring to load us up. Hopefully they're not veterans of WWII.

My wife and young kid are not coming down for a couple more weeks, giving me some time to get stuff set up and acclimated. I need to do the critical stuff, like find a tiki bar for the back patio, find some Yuengling light, and watch the Belmont a week from Saturday. Oh and find a house full of furniture.

We've reached the point of no return. I have cleared out the Minneapolis office, shut down the storage facilities here, cleaned out our small warehouse, and got everything businesswise buttoned down. The only thing standing between me and the relocation is a couple of days on the calendar and a tremendous amount of last minute work.

Last edited:

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Inspirational . A month from now I'll be doing the same. except headed west to AZ. Bought a Box truck though. Got it cheap and going to flip it when I get out there. 4 days on the road for us driving 10 hours a day.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I am heading to Yuma next week to look at a golf course that is for sale. That would be the ultimate for my wife and I to sail off into the sunset with. I could either pay money to become part of a club.... or could make money while being the club. :rockon:

Not saying that we are purchasing this, just looking...

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I am heading to Yuma next week to look at a golf course that is for sale. That would be the ultimate for my wife and I to sail off into the sunset with. I could either pay money to become part of a club.... or could make money while being the club. :rockon:

Not saying that we are purchasing this, just looking...
Yuma is about an hour south from where we are moving. Lake Havasu city. Not a bad place to retire that's for damn sure.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Life moves in chapters. People come in, and people fade out. Jobs come, and jobs go. Kids grow up. People die. Babies are born. You are in debt. You're out of debt. You're into religion. You're out of religion. You work out. You get fat. You get skinny. If you look back on your adulthood, you will see that there were beginnings, middles, and ends of distinct periods, or chapters. Nobodys life is static. The day you started doing what you did today was the start of the chapter you're in. Is it interesting? Do you like where you are at? If you could choose it, would you choose where you were at today? Physically? Mentally? Geographically? Would you choose it? Did you know you DID choose it?

What chapter are you writing as you read this? Where are you at? Can you recalibrate? Can you start something new?

Should you move half way across the country because you can?

Anyone that says that they can't write their own ending doesn't get free will. Where do you want to be?

What did you do today? Did you work some suck a$$ job just because that's where the sum total of your choices through today found you?

Are you one of the people I am watching set up your chair on the beach because it's Friday?

I spent too many years of my life being one of the people setting up chairs on a Friday.

Hmm...I'm thankful I left the U.S. and here in the Netherlands. And I suppose I wouldn't have had the opportunity to fill my time on entrepreneur heaven if I stayed there. That was the whole idea moving here, Re-writing the life story, leaving the old reality behind, and being the free thinker. I don't see any beach chairs around here. lol

I either work on my projects or look at the buildings or church across the street. Maybe a seagull on the light pole. Maybe feeding horses and cows when I take a walk, and it sure is nice crossing people's farmland without anyone getting bent out of shape because you're on there property and visiting, the pigs, goats, horses, cows, chickens, and ducks. lol These are my new friends. Ha ha! They don't have much negativity. Who wouldn't like seeing Germany, Belgium, and France.

While I left bad circumstances, it's been a blast over here learning everything I have from the Fastlane, about business, and writing. This reality is more pleasant and proves how removing yourself from a bad environment, and toxic people can make a big difference in every aspect. While I'm still learning and growing it's time today to Celebrate my Fastlane birthday today. And boy did this forum change my world and my son's back home in one year. I'm still lacking the funds, but still it's quite amazing.

I had to laugh today, when I talked to my son on skype, because he's learning to hustle. lol He went to a garage sale and bought some video games, and resold them. lol I just told him on here were doing that type of thing and putting it on ebay etc. I didn't think he would listen that fast in two days. So, yes, being on here has rubbed off on him.

Everything can be changed around, and while we may have fears, we just have to push through them and create our own realities.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We picked some new phone numbers today. After the area code, we went with the numbers of 777.

(XXX)777-XXXX

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada

Today marks the day i landed in Canada 11 years ago.
For those who are not sure about quitting everything ....I left with my passeport, a visa and 162 $ ( i remember the exact amount ) ....5000 km away from everything i knew.

Between a military oppressive regime ( arrested twice ) and scary bearded guys ( you know, the ones you see on tv ) ...I chose something else : Life.

If the shy, twentysomething who did not speak a word in English did it ( you can tell anyway ) , you better f...ing do it too and choose life

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last minute plans changing fluidly.

1. Decided it wouldn't be fun to tow multiple vehicles, so we are leaving one here and transporting a second one with a commercial transport carrier vs. towing it

2. Now, we'll have one large moving van, and my F350 as a scout vehicle. Gas estimates are still roughly the same. We'll do the drive averaging 3 9-hour says of 600 miles per day.

3. Setting up utilities is a pain in the a$$. They all want to run a credit check. I am having none of them run a credit check. I have good credit, but don't want several hard inquiries on my credit report as those last for 2 years and can have a derogatory affect on your credit score. So, I am paying deposits to all of these clowns vs. having them ruin my credit score over utilities.

4. Last minute packing

5. I hired a team of veterans to come over and help us load the moving van. I specifically requested they send me young workers. Hopefully they are not WWII veterans.

6. Minnesota weather is humid. Florida weather is humid. Florida has no snow in the winter, so Florida wins.

7. The new location has Verizon Fios. Anyone on that? Supposedly it is blazing fast internet.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Both coasts. The west now.
A lot of people go on vacation, and wish they could stay. They could, really. Just like MJ talks about trading 5 days of work for 2 weekend days of freedom... so people trade 50 weeks of suck for 2 weeks of playing where they want to play. Why can't it be a full time life thing? If you love California, why can't you move there?

There's a happiness scale. Where are you at on it?

You're running out of excuses as to why staying in your comfort zone makes sense. When you reach your breaking point, look for the escape hatch and take the exit. Life is short. Navigate yourself to where you want to be.

Just like you I am the definition of just 'packing up the car and leaving'. Been here over a year and a half.
I may move again at some point, but at least now it no longer is a big deal.
No longer will I make excuses as to why I can't.
Total mindset shift.

Also always enjoy when people post things like "wishing I could go back to ____"
You don't have to go back if you refuse to leave.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ah.

Day 1.

Moving company didn't show up. Complete NO SHOW. No call. No message. Not answering their phone. Jokes on them as they didn't take a deposit.

Serves me right for hiring discount labor.

I feel like a girl all dressed up for the prom, and no date.

So, tomorrow, the real, high priced moving team I have used in the past will be here to bail me out.

You get what you pay for.

So... don't be cheap.

Until tomorrow... see you at Day 2.

- Vigilante

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The long road ride down to your new home will be very therapeutic. It's just you and the road, and your own thoughts about the start of a new chapter. It almost makes me want to move again, except, I still love it here. Safe travels my friend.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So many chances to do something new.

I wrote this in my private journal last night.

Current

Swam against the current for so long

Before I learned

It is easier to just let

The riptide take you in the direction you should have swam all along.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Time for an update.

I made it to the destination. It was a tremendous pain in the a$$... more than I imagined. Our caravan consisted of me in a 26 foot uHaul towing a car trailer with a vehicle on it, and my son driving separately in my loaded down F350. The rig I was driving absolutely should not be legal for a normal driver to drive, as it was the length of a semi with no steering control. It drove similarly to a boat, where it would go in the general direction you want it to and you just have to hope wind conditions remain good, which changed with each passing semi truck. It was treacherous, dangerous, and arduous. The trip required three days of constant, undivided attention, with both hands on the steering wheel and both eyes on the road at all times. Driving the truck itself would have been OK, but the combination of the truck plus the hauler was completely unsafe, especially through the descent of the mountain ranges in Tennessee.

But alas we finally arrived. I hired a moving company on this side to unpack the truck, and they sent a huge fat guy and an old man as my moving crew. None the less, the truck was unpacked and I am currently adrift in a sea of boxes. My wife and kid will arrive in a week... meanwhile I have some furniture being delivered, got the Verizon Fios fiber optic cable installed, and even managed to spray myself in the face with reclaimed sewer water while I was testing out our in-ground sprinkler system.

Today marks a shift in the calendar back into work mode... need to get some stuff reignited on several fronts. Between Rachel (my daughter) getting married a few weeks ago, and then this road trip... the business has been forced to do what it was designed to do and that's run on auto pilot. However, for those of you who have a passive income business model, there's a difference between passive income management and an absentee owner. The business has been neglected for the past few weeks, so I need to blow the cobwebs off and get back into action mode.

I picked two movie clips from the Truman Show, and I am recommending you watch them both. They're both relevant to scaling the walls in front of you.

Many, many people from the north questioned why we would want to move to Florida. People like to stay within their comfort zones, and I have noticed an interesting phenomenon... they like YOU to stay inside their comfort zones as well. Think about the movie the Truman Show with Jim Carrey. Once he discovered there is a world out there much bigger than the artificial constraints he believed were there, he was able to go beyond the wall. You disrupting people's comfort zone by going beyond the wall tends to make people uncomfortable, because it eliminates the artificial barriers they constructed in their own minds to rationalize their own contentment in less than excellent circumstances.

What if the walls you perceive to be in front of you are artificial? What if they were constructed by you, or by someone intending to keep you chained?

What if this is the first time in your life you realize that like Truman... like MJ DeMarco...like Allen Crawley... like Biophase...like GlobalWealth... like me...like thousands of others... you discover you can go BEYOND THE WALL....

Last edited:

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
People like to stay within their comfort zones, and I have noticed an interesting phenomenon... they like YOU to stay inside their comfort zones as well. Think about the movie the Truman Show with Jim Carrey.

So true. It's interesting that you bring this movie up. I am a big movie / film industry buff and somehow The Truman Show had slipped by me. Back then it just didn't sound like something I would have been interested in, but after happening upon thousands of good reviews, I watched it for the first time about a month ago....17 years after the fact.
I was blown away. I didn't realize there was going to be anything serious or relative about it but I couldn't believe the impact it had. I also can't believe I cried during a Jim Carrey movie. ha

Great recommendation, Vig. For those who don't understand it or can't relate, it won't mean much. But for those who have been there...who know what it's like to feel trapped by something invisible, they'll get it.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What if the walls you perceive to be in front of you are artificial? What if they were constructed by you, or by someone intending to keep you chained?

!!!

When I quit my great job of 19 years at HP, so many people were advising me not to do it. Why would I leave a job that has done so much for me and other people? I had security and peace of mind.

That was 15 years ago. I have felt free every since...

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Congrats on making it to Florida. A new chapter in your life has begun and you started it with an adventure.

Quark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 21, 2015
Houston, TX
I love this thread, we did the same thing in April 2013. We got the same stories - you are two years away from retiring, what if it does not work out? ......

It goes on and on, all from people who complain all day every day about their job and life. We moved from San Diego to Houston. People pulled my wife aside and told her she could never live in the heat and humidity of Houston. Relatives in Tucson told her how hot is was in Houston.

We hit the ground running and have never looked back. Now all of her old friends see our new life and tell her how lucky we are to have gotten out when we did.

People are strange!

Congrats on your move, I expect the appreciation will really set in around Nov when you are hanging out on the patio in the evening- in shorts!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I was going to send you a private message, but for some reason I can't.

I've recently been looking at Florida myself ( Im in Kentucky currently ). Looking at Gulf Coast in the panhandle area ( Destin area ). Was curious where you settled on the Gulf side.. if it was more gulf side meaning Tampa or more gulf side meaning panhandle.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have PM's disabled.

Panhandle is still too cold for me. Anything north of Tampa still gets more seasonal change than we want. We ended up north of Venice/Sarasota. I actually prefer the Atlantic side, but we picked the Gulf side for some other reasons. However, being within a few hours of Orlando, near Tampa, a day's drive to the Keys... we're anxious to explore.

We also intentionally came down at the worst time of the year per a suggestion from MJ. If you can handle the area in the worst of what it has to offer (and everywhere but Hawaii has some rough weather) then you should love it during the best of what it has to offer.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
We also intentionally came down at the worst time of the year per a suggestion from MJ. If you can handle the area in the worst of what it has to offer (and everywhere but Hawaii has some rough weather) then you should love it during the best of what it has to offer.

I imagine this is good advice for relationships, too. ha

I made it to the destination. It was a tremendous pain in the a$$... more than I imagined.

Sorry it wasn't a more fun trip for you. Do you think the main problem was pulling a trailer? Anything else you would do different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!