The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sh*t I'm almost 40 - Time to Crack On!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
Hi Guys,

Here's my first post (hopefully the start of many!), I wanted to introduce myself, and post regular updates on what will hopefully be my Journey to Family, Fitness & Freedom!

I'm 39, 40 in October this year, and I need to make some big changes, I'm unhappy with where some of my roads in life have led me, don't get me wrong, I am blessed with 6 beautiful kids, and a gorgeous wife, but we live on the sidewalk, hand to mouth, saving nothing, and spending more than we can afford.

My health is crap, I weigh in at just over 19st, I have Spondylosis in my back and neck, and have just had tests to see if I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands, I have Asthma, and smoke around 20-30 cigarettes a day...

I live in a crappy area that I hate with every ounce of my being, and I don't want my kids to grow up here, its a bad place!.

So for me, I need to make some HUGE changes to my life, and quickly!, I need to improve my health, 90% of my problems come from the excess weight I am carrying, and the fact I smoke.

I have stumbled my way through life, always looking for the answer, wasting tons of money I couldn't afford on the latest 'push button magic millionaire maker', I have had many different businesses, from Market Trading to owning an Ecommerce Fancy Dress shop.

My current business is building websites and providing marketing services for my clients, which generates me around $5-$6k per month.

MY EPIPHANY...

Last week I read MJ's book, it didn't switch on a lightbulb in my head, it set off a nuclear explosion in my brain!!

So many things became so clear, I have never been truly 100% devoted to any business I have had, they have always been a tool to keep me afloat money wise, and I pretty quickly lose interest in them.

This I see now is because I have never been completely devoted to every aspect of them, I procrastinate terribly, I play on my Xbox, watch TV, and I also ended up with a gambling problem, having some good wins, then invariably losing more than I could afford to...for me it was an escape from the grind of my daily life, but ended up being a very costly one!.

What now?

Now I get my a$$ into gear!, I am having a week off work this week, and I am going to read, I've already taken a look at some of the posts in the forum, and I want to heavily invest some time in picking them apart.

I'm a member of the local 24/7 gym, so gonna make more use of that, reasses my eating habits, and do my best to kick the smoking habit, I don't want my kids to have to lose their Dad in the next few years due to my poor health, I owe it to them and myself to make these big life changes.

I consider I have a decent skillset with PPC campaigns, I understand for the most part how SEO works, especially the Local SEO, and I design some pretty nice looking websites - these skills I am sure will be the cornerstone of my new business, but I don't want to provide them as services for others, a million other people do that, I want to use them in my own business, to build it, nurture it, and help it grow into a monster.

I have a few ideas of what I would like to do, I think the biggest problem I will have is choosing the one which I consider can make me the most money and give me the most freedom when its successful, I am no stranger to 60-100 hour weeks, but this time things will be different, more focussed!. (famous last words, but I feel it in my bones, this time its gonna work!!!).

So, there you have me, warts and all, I want to update this thread on my upcoming trials and tribulations, successes and failures, and Ultimately my crowning Glory, I want to be leaving the UK in 6 years time with my family for a better life, hopefully in either the US or New Zealand, but I want to be able to know I can do it without having to worry about my health or money.

This is a great forum with some amazing information, I look forward to getting to know you better :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
If you can give up the fags that would be a huge accomplishment.

Wastes money, time, and your health!

Rooting for ya'.
I couldn't agree more, now if I could create and sell willpower in a bottle I'd be like a drug dealer taking my own product :), it's crazy, I know how badly the fags affect my health, but it doesn't stop me lighting another one up!, the only thing I have ever found to be succesful was a stitch in my ear, I quit for 6 months. I will be making an appointment for it doing again - my first major positive step! - Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it :)

Dawsop

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Apr 11, 2015
I couldn't agree more, now if I could create and sell willpower in a bottle I'd be like a drug dealer taking my own product :), it's crazy, I know how badly the fags affect my health, but it doesn't stop me lighting another one up!, the only thing I have ever found to be succesful was a stitch in my ear, I quit for 6 months. I will be making an appointment for it doing again - my first major positive step! - Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it :)
I had a bugger of a time quitting smoking. I read Alan Carrs book Easy way to quit smoking. It didn't work for me immediately but I re-read it and listened to the audio book a couple times. I'm smoke free for many years now (after smoking for 17+ yrs) ran 2 marathons and havent looked back Good Luck I hope you smash this habit then go on to even greater things

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
I had a bugger of a time quitting smoking. I read Alan Carrs book Easy way to quit smoking. It didn't work for me immediately but I re-read it and listened to the audio book a couple times. I'm smoke free for many years now (after smoking for 17+ yrs) ran 2 marathons and havent looked back Good Luck I hope you smash this habit then go on to even greater things
Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave me a message, I'm going to have a look at that, I did read another celeb book on quitting but it didn't work for me, this one might, and if it does, its gonna be a lot less expensive than the stitch in my ear! thanks for the advice :)

Learner Guy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 10, 2015
I suggest getting a bit more definite about stopping smoking - 'try' etc probably won't cut it. The people I've met who managed to stop mostly had a brain explosion like you mentioned, starting considering themselves non-smokers (I'd do as much as I could to get myself revolted about the whole concept of paying to inhale carcinogens), and never smoked again.

To be fair, I understand the majority of stoppers have tried many times, so if it doesn't work just stick to the PROCESS of giving up smoking i.e. getting back in the saddle and making the next attempt.

My two cents - best of luck!

PS diet is much more important than exercise in losing weight - very easy to eat more than you could ever burn - so make it the first priority...

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Eat healthy 90% of the time, break a sweat 3 days a week, you'll be so addicted to the results you won't waste a thought on snoking

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
A simple, tried and proven method to stop smoking:

Don't tell yourself "I will never smoke again".
The words NEVER AGAIN make the subconcious of an addict nervous.
Nervous smoker = set to fail

Next time when you want to light up, just refrain from that one.

Just that one.

Do something else instead, like making a cup of tea, pumping out a set of pushups, or
just taking 20 deep breaths of clean air.

Think of the long-term benefits:
  • You will feel better, physically as well as mentally
  • You will live longer, and your family will appreciate it
  • Your family will be proud of you
  • YOU will be proud of yourself, you will succeed at something that 90% of those who try can't accomplish
  • It's never too late to stop, your lung starts regenerating 2-3 days after your last fag
  • You stop spending money for things you don't need
Next time you get a craving, just refrain from that one.
Repeat this process, over and over.

If you can live one hour without smoking, you will also survive two hours.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Soon, you'll live a full day without smoking.
If you manage to refrain for one day, you can make it two days.
Just one day without smoking.
Repeat, repeat, repeat.

And that's the secret.
You will be amazed how well you feel by day two, and it just gets better and better from there on.

But don't break the chain! Keep going, stay strong.

Those "quit smoking books" won't provide you with a special trick or voodoo magic, but they MOTIVATE people.
And that's cool. Quitting this habit requires discipline, and as Einstein already said:

"The secret of discipline is motivation.
When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself."

All the best,

a former smoker

Last edited:

domi99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 13, 2014
I read the book Alan Carrs book Easy way to quit smoking. It worked for me..:). I quit 10 years ago and it's great to "be free".

All the best!

Liberty T. Vance

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
May 25, 2015
California
You can do it!!!!

I quit smoking for 20 years by making the DECISION I wasn't going to smoke again. I got into the gym and started eating right and it actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

Fast forward 20 years and when I moved to South Korea and then China I started smoking again and have smoked for the last 6 years. Sure I've quit for a month here and a month or so there mainly on my trips back home to the US.

Until two weeks ago.

After reading TMF and reading the inspirational posts on this board I decided once again it's time to quit. I looked back at the difference between how I felt the first time I quit and every other time over the last 6 years and the decision to quit is what had been missing. I thought I was making the decision to quit before but this time the difference was I felt it in my bones that I wanted to quit.

I made new connections in my brain concerning smoking... The last day I smoked I couldn't stand the taste and smell. Thanks to Thailand (love that place) every time I think about smoking I picture the nastiest cancer and death pictures I've ever seen in my head (they put these pictures on the cigarette packs you buy) and I get the added bonus of thinking about that nasty taste and smell.

I also utilized an e-cigarette my friend loaned me. I used that to help me get past the nicotine withdrawal (mainly to make sure I wasn't getting anxious and angry out of the blue because I teach kids). I used the e-cigarette for the first week and then that's it.... Done...

Of course the urge is still there at times but now I have so many positive things (my clothes don't stink, food tastes better, I got rid of that nasty smokers cough, I can breathe and the pride from quitting such a nasty f*cked up deadly habit) I can think of when that happens that I am quickly able to move past the urge.

Remember, quitting may happen the first time or the thirtieth time... If you do have a cigarette while trying to quit don't beat yourself up (self-fulling loop: Oh no, I smoked... I failed... feel bad... I need another cigarette.. shit.. I'm a failure I need a cigarette) just don't have the next one and keep going until not having that next one adds up to minutes, hours, days, months, years....

One final thought... I found quitting smoking the second time around more difficult than kicking oxycontin which I've quit numerous times (major motorcycle accident). So really don't let quitting and a possible fail feed the habit... Just try again... You can do it!!!!!

Karen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Feb 28, 2015
Germany
Welcome to the fastlane!
In the end consistency is what will make all the difference over the next years! I'll leave you with some words of advice that have helped me make leaps of progress:

Consistensy & Systems beat willpower every time
Tackle one goal after another. Especially when it comes to health, check off one goal after another. Remember, willpower is limited and no shiny goal whatsoever will change that (RIP years of my life trying to disprove it). Instead of beating yourself up along the path, set up smart systems that will get you where you want to go.

Wish you the time of your life living the fastlane and reaching your goals!

Last edited by a moderator:

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Hey man,

First of all welcome to the forum and glad to have you here.

I do want to share my lock screen wallpaper on my phone, because it was the first bit of inspiration I could think of when I read your post

2cs80ef.png

Cheers

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
Wow,

Thanks guys, i'm overwhelmed by all the great messages on here, I appreciate it immensely!, I'm currently at a holiday site in Cornwall, the sun is shining, its a beautiful day!..and I feel so happy and excited to embark on what I know is going to be a great adventure, one that will end up with a new me, healthier, wealthier, and with more freedom...yep, today is a great day!.

I've grabbed the Allen Carr book, and dropped it onto my iPad, i'll be reading that when I hit the beach shortly, small steps health-wise will transfer into huge returns.

I'd like to set up something initially that will generate a modest income whilst not needing a huge time investment, which will then give me time to work on my new 'fastlane oriented' business and move away from the model I currently have which is a huge time suck, to give you an example I had phone calls and emails from around 8 angry clients yesterday morning, my hosting provider had some catastrophic event which has caused lots of problems, not least the fact my clients now only have emails up to the 9th May, meaning they have lost a lot of valuable correspondence.

I take responsibility for not putting in place measures that mean they are covered if something untoward happens with the hosting, i'm working on remedying that now. I also made the mistake of personally being available to my customers almost 24/7, I'm very responsive and help them however I can, but there are a few that take full advantage, its not a mistake I want to repeat, don't get me wrong, customer support is a no.1 priority for me, but I think I have probably taken that further than I needed to and it costs me a lot of time, I want to use the skills I have as a tool to further my own business, and whilst some people have created very successful ppc and SEO companies, that's not for me, I want to fish in different waters!.

I've already got a good idea of a business I want to build, without going into too much depth its one that causes people a lot of stress, and with the service I provide them it will take that stress away, or at least reduce it significantly, i've done some due diligence already on my competition, and whilst some of them do something close, none of them do what I am looking at doing, and I know my way will offer a lot more value to the customer, i'm either going to need to learn a lot, or employ people who know a more than I do with regards to building a lead capture/lead distribution Website, I like the way ratedpeople.com works, and clients I have seem to like using it and get good returns from it, so i'll be looking more into that, and possibly adapting it to suit my chosen industry. So far I've identified a need, a market, and a possible solution, now I need to get to work on building the processes :).

My little boy is tugging on my leg telling me he wants to go to the beach now, which is my cue to get off the computer, thanks again for taking the time to comment and like my thread, I really do appreciate it, and its great motivation to move me towards achieving my life changing goals.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Throw up a landing page and run some traffic and test/validate your idea/offer first. Maybe a couple variations. It may cause people a lot of stress, but will those people pay for your solution?

Focus is the key that unlocks everything.

Just do it. There will be haters, people will try to clone/copy your stuff, people will want to start trying to tell you what/how to do your thing, people will try to sabotage you. Tune all that out and just do your thing.

scratchdisk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 11, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Welcome to the fastlane!
In the end consistency is what will make all the difference over the next years! I'll leave you with some words of advice that have helped me make leaps of progress:

Tackle one goal after another. Especially when it comes to health, check off one goal after another. Remember, willpower is limited and no shiny goal whatsoever will change that (RIP years of my life trying to disprove it). Instead of beating yourself up along the path, set up smart systems that will get you where you want to go.

This is what jumped out to me too. Pick one habit to change, use that willpower to get through 60 days to make it stick.

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
Throw up a landing page and run some traffic and test/validate your idea/offer first. Maybe a couple variations. It may cause people a lot of stress, but will those people pay for your solution?

Focus is the key that unlocks everything.

Just do it. There will be haters, people will try to clone/copy your stuff, people will want to start trying to tell you what/how to do your thing, people will try to sabotage you. Tune all that out and just do your thing.

Hi mate,

Thanks for replying to my post, I will be testing everything I can, then refining, then testing again, I do a lot of split testing for my clients PPC campaigns, and have a great tool that tests ads, ctr, and so on, my idea won't cost the stressed out people anything, hopefully the suppliers wanting to quote them and get their business will pay for the privilege :)

Thanks again :)

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
Welcome to the fastlane!

Thanks Karen,

Some great advice there, I've grabbed the article and books, interesting stuff! I can't wait to dig in and start building some systems :)

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK

I've just transferred most of my rep to you, thank you so much for this post!, i have read the book, finished it Friday night, and put out my last cigarette Saturday morning! i've been smoke free since :), unfortunately I've also caught a virus/chest infection from my wife, so coughing too much to feel the benefit of it yet, but thats my first major goal DONE! and a massive one it is...

Thanks again mate, much appreciated :)

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
**UPDATE**

Ok, so I have now kicked the smoking in the nuts :), not had a fag since Saturday morning, and with my wife still smoking I am amazed that its not bothering me in the least, the Allen Carr book is fantastic! would highly recommend it.

Different Roads...

I am in the process of deciding which road to take, I feel a bit like I am stood at a crossroads, I have identified a few areas with needs, one is more of a brick and mortar service, actually providing a 'physical service' which I would hire staff for straight off the bat, and also attach an ecommerce website too selling products relating to the service being provided, all covering the same niche/industry.

My other option is providing a Lead Gen Service, this idea actually excites me the most I think, but I need to learn quite a bit more to fully understand how the processes work, maybe even hire someone to do the work creating the admin side of the website, as I am pretty sure it would need some bespoke coding, basically the potential client would fill in a form, tick boxes of which services he/she requires and their info would then be sent off to relevant businesses to quote them, I've had a look and although there are competitors offering a similar service, none of them provide the last bit, they expect the client to go do all the leg work themselves from a list they are provided with, my way of doing things means they fill in a simple single form, and all the hard work is done for them.

Health...

Kicking the smoking was probably the biggest health concern for me, and now thats out of the way I can focus on getting fitter and lighter!, I don't like to use the word 'diet', I am having more of a lifestyle change, healthier eating, and more exercise, I am currently 19stone 7lbs, so I'll also update you with my weight loss achievements (I hope!!) as well as my business decisions and outcomes.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread, you guys have already given me so much inspiration! and I've been doing a LOT of reading this last week, if any of you can recommend any posts you think would be especially relevant to my situation that would be great, I'm just halfway through @JasonR 's fantastic thread (amazing info in there :)).

Just as an aside, for a while I have been toying with the idea of studying the stuff Ryan Deiss teaches, I have got the $1 offer for his Digital Marketer lab. Anyone in there? and is it worthwhile? I have spent half my life procrastinating, I only want to learn something that is a worthwhile time trade to help build my business, so let me know if its worth looking at, I like Ryan's way of explaining things, he seems to talks a lot of sense...

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Great start OP. Most interesting thread and so brutally honest. Pull up a chair folks......there may be a new chapter brewing for a future MJ's book. Looking forward to your updates.

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
Just stumbled across this article:
Armani the brand turns forty years young this year. Armani the man is in his eighties. Both of which are impressive facts. but what's really kind of remarkable (and inspiring as hell to anyone who dreams of his own second act) is that when you do the math, you realize that Giorgio Armani was once a completely unknown forty-something striver, still trying to figure out who and what he wanted to be.

Everything you see now: the globe-spanning business empire, the personal fortune that Forbes calculates to be north of $7 billion, the name that has come to connote the larger idea of style itself? None of that existed when the man turned 40.

http://www.gq.com/style/celebrities/201506/giorgio-armani-interview

F*cking do it dude!

foreverforex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 4, 2015
Hi MediocrityNoMore,

From my point of view it looks like you've had an eye-opener, which is great! Already sounds like you've made progress to me.

However, on the other side of things. You've recognized some of your faults and flaws that you want to work on, eventually even eradicate them completely from your life. Also, more progress.

If it was me, I wouldn't go cold turkey; stop smoking completely, go the the gym for 2 hours a day and give your diet a fresh overhaul. It sounds pretty easy when you write it down, right? Well, in your defense, it's not quite that simple. You can't just change overnight.

My advice to you would be to set a date. Why, you might ask? Well you can't keep saying this is my last cigarette, it doesn't quite register in your brain unfortunately. It's more of an excuse to have another cigarette, which is bad. However, by setting a date you're registering an event into your brain, so you know that on July 1st that you won't be smoking anymore, or you will be smoking less. Whatever works for you.

You might also find that doing it all at once is a bad idea, perhaps just start by setting goals. For example say this month you'll work on your smoking problem, the next month you'll go get a gym membership and create a gym schedule, so forth. You'll find that if you try and do it all at once it will become very overwhelming and stressful, but if you do it in small steps and as long as your making progress you can look back, be proud and keep moving forward.

Finally, good luck! Hopefully things work out great!

Best regards,
Luke.

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
Hi guys,

Bit of an update,

Health...
Firstly I'm really pissed at myself! I kicked the smoking for 6 days! then capitulated and in a moment of self destruction lit a fag, then ended up really angry with myself...I am determined to kick this habit though, I have booked in for smoking cessation hypnotherapy on the 20th of June, I will do this, and it will be a permanent fix.

Knowledge...
I am on page 152 of 205 of the book by Gary Carnegie - 'How To Win Friends and Influence People'. All I can say is WOW, I fully understand how it changed the way Warren Buffet thinks, if you have never read that book I think its got to be on the 'must read' list for anyone in business, and even for life in general.

I joined the 'INSIDERS' here and i'm 6 pages in to an amazing Gold thread by @SinisterLex about making money on freelancer, I took action pretty much immediately and if it comes off, i'll have already covered my INSIDERS membership for the year x20, i'll explain more in the wealth section of this post :), if any of you haven't already joined the INSIDERS, I can't recommend it enough, don't get me wrong, I am 110% certain the gold nuggets you will find in the general forum are enough to make anyone a multi-millionaire, I think the INSIDERS would get you there a bit quicker.

I also signed up to the Ryan Deiss monthly membership, simply because it was on special offer for $1 and was going to run out yesterday (scarcity tactics) I was going to take a look at it anyway, so for a dollar it was an easy choice, I like the systematic approach he uses to blueprinting stuff, and the topics he covers are things I need to learn to service my current clients better, and also use for my future fastlane endeavours.

I want to read the James Clear books on building systems and processes, recommended by @Karen earlier in this thread (thank you :)), I think after I've finished the Carnegie one I need to read those and start putting things into a workable blueprint.

I'm absorbing as much information as I can from so many different places, definitely too much, I need to focus it down, I have fallen into the 'analysis paralysis' trap so many times before in the past, I end up overloaded and procrastinate until the next shiny idea comes along, I am DETERMINED that is NOT going to happen this time.

Wealth...
Business wise I'm treading water at the moment, my clients pay me on a monthly basis and thats ok, although I don't feel like I am 100% commited to them, because I'm not 100% enjoying all of the services I am providing them with. The Organic SEO I now outsource, because I hate it, although the company I am outsourcing to are not providing the results I want, so I think we will soon be parting ways, and I will stop offering this as a service.
The Social Media side of things are monotonous and bore me, I charge a nominal amount to my clients for this and its more of a token gesture to build the companies internet presence as much as anything, I know that I have enough knowledge about it to generate interest and sales for my clients from Social Media, and I do this already, but I also know I need to expand and put systems and processes in place to take this even further.

The PPC I love! and without blowing my own trumpet too much I am pretty good at it, I get very good results for my clients and they are extremely happy with the service I provide, I love it because its so measurable, get it working and upscale, rinse and repeat.
This leads me back to the freelancer Gold thread I mentioned earlier, I applied for a job on there, quite a low paying one actually, then hooked up with the guy advertising it on Skype, after a good couple of hours chatting he gave me access to the account and asked me to give him a figure for managing his whole campaign, his Ad spend is around 15k a week, and I've quoted him $3k a month to manage it and increase his ROI, he is happy with the changes I would make, and service I would provide but he needs to discuss it with his boss and get back to me mid-week. So fingers crossed that one will pan out, but even if it doesn't I'm not too concerned, the invaluable information I got from the first few posts on that thread means I am confident enough to chase these deals, and I am confident I will get some of them, just a small change in mindset makes such a big difference.

My fastlane business is still to materialise, I was looking to scrap my current business completely and start fresh with a new one, I might do that, or I might employ someone to take over the PPC campaigns, I have a friend who's Son is extremely intelligent, and hungry for knowledge, I have given him a few jobs to do, and I am confident I could train him to get the results I get with PPC, so thats an option as a side income, but I do want whatever my main business model is to be my sole focus, I agree completely with the ideology of being monogomous to your business, if it will grow, it will need all of my attention, all of the time - I want to finish the current reading list I have, then take a step back, formulate a plan, and cracking.

Freedom...
Our house is on the market, and we had a viewing today, they loved the house, but you never really know whether or not they are going to put an offer in, fingers crossed they will (if not its not a big setback, its a great house, it will sell eventually) - and that will set us on our way to a huge freedom, living in a much nicer area, near to the Sea, granted its not a freedom generated by wealth, but its certainly one that will increase health and happiness, and its a step in the right direction on our journey.

I hope you are all having fun on your own Journeys to Freedom :)

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
This leads me back to the freelancer Gold thread I mentioned earlier, I applied for a job on there, quite a low paying one actually, then hooked up with the guy advertising it on Skype, after a good couple of hours chatting he gave me access to the account and asked me to give him a figure for managing his whole campaign, his Ad spend is around 15k a week, and I've quoted him $3k a month to manage it and increase his ROI, he is happy with the changes I would make, and service I would provide but he needs to discuss it with his boss and get back to me mid-week. So fingers crossed that one will pan out, but even if it doesn't I'm not too concerned, the invaluable information I got from the first few posts on that thread means I am confident enough to chase these deals, and I am confident I will get some of them, just a small change in mindset makes such a big difference.
I got the Project! They signed the contracts and paid me upfront this evening, I think I will use my current business as my *job* for a while, which will allow me to keep paying the bills as i'm building my empire :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I got the Project! They signed the contracts and paid me upfront this evening, I think I will use my current business as my *job* for a while, which will allow me to keep paying the bills as i'm building my empire :)
Well done!

Subscribed to thread. Best of luck with getting your health on track and raising your family. Rooting for you.

I'm also in the PPC game, and moving from performing lead gen for clients to lead gen where I sell the leads. The client work is also my "job" that I'm working to escape from.

Without knowing your details, you should be able to ditch all the hosting, SEO, and SMO work that you don't like, and just focus on providing PPC to clients if you wanted to double down on what you do like and is your strength.

The more I eliminate, the better things have become.

James Clear's stuff is great. +1 on that.

Don't get annoyed with setbacks, just keep moving forward.

Best of luck.

MediocrityNoMore

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
May 20, 2015
UK
Well done!

Subscribed to thread. Best of luck with getting your health on track and raising your family. Rooting for you.

I'm also in the PPC game, and moving from performing lead gen for clients to lead gen where I sell the leads. The client work is also my "job" that I'm working to escape from.

Without knowing your details, you should be able to ditch all the hosting, SEO, and SMO work that you don't like, and just focus on providing PPC to clients if you wanted to double down on what you do like and is your strength.

The more I eliminate, the better things have become.

James Clear's stuff is great. +1 on that.

Don't get annoyed with setbacks, just keep moving forward.

Best of luck.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to post on my thread, I appreciate it :), yeah I enjoy the PPC and can see it definitely being a part of my future endeavours, in what form I'm not sure, like you I am anticipating it will be Lead gen related, I was a member of a marketing school a few years ago generating leads in the health insurance industry, the gist of it is, set up a performing PPC ad to send leads to your website and lead capture form. I broke even at the time, although there were others (if the figures are to be believed) generating 30-40k profit per month, i think the lead price was around £25 back then, not sure what it is now but I am considering jumping back in and having a look, and putting my knowledge to good use, I wouldn't even know how to get into selling the leads myself, if you have any tips on that i'd be grateful as that will be part of my longer term strategy.

I hear ya with the getting annoyed, normally i'm pretty easy going and pretty altruistic, I thought I had kicked the smoking though, and it somehow snuck up on me, put itself in my mouth and lit itself before I knew what was happening! horrible little habit, I can't wait until my hypno session next week, I've heard good things about this method of quitting, I know its the lazy way, but if it works I'm willing to give it a go.

Thanks again for your message, the motivational spirit of this forum helps a lot!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.