The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what a sick twist on success values

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Check out what they hand out at my job.
They twist correct success principles into some sort of sick company loyalty shtick... 20150506_132828.jpg 20150506_132810.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
I can also feel your pain. Still working the 9 to 5 but hope to be out soon. We had our mid-year corporate meeting yesterday and I had to sit through 3 hours of corporate brainwashing.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
They forgot the part where it says: Transparent Owns Your Soul for joining their cult. :) lol

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Keep in mind that those words were probably written by a fastlaner. Great advice, but it's spun to encourage people to work on his/her fastlane, not yours...

Agreed on the soul-suckingness of it though.

I doubt it.

What's more likely to be the case is a fastlane told a bunch of academics to do something amp up the staff/make them feel a part of something.

so a group of academics came up with that to justify their titles/positions.

the fastlaner that told the underlings to do this work didn't check up on it after the fact.

1milclub

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jan 27, 2014
US
The last section reads - "And because I and my colleagues ..."

should be "And my colleagues and I ..."

Don't want to be a grammar pick and derail the discussion, but couldn't resist to combine success rule with grammar.

The golden success lesson for fastlaners: Always put 'others' BEFORE I.

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
its a private company owned by 2 people, they're definitely fastlane, started a translation/litigation support business in college 20 years ago from what i heard... now transperfect makes like 1 billion in revenue yearly or something.... w/e....

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Check out what they hand out at my job.
They twist correct success principles into some sort of sick company loyalty shtick... View attachment 9662 View attachment 9663

Tell em' the message sucks, and if they have any integrity they'll own it and take action with urgency because they're failing to respect the diversity of the teamwork through poor quality which shows they lack financial responsibility because they didn't care enough about service to hire a professional to write their creed in a way that brainwashes team members without them noticing.

Then offer to re-write it better for a simple cash outlay of $5,000.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Tell em' the message sucks, and if they have any integrity they'll own it and take action with urgency because they're failing to respect the diversity of the teamwork through poor quality which shows they lack financial responsibility because they didn't care enough about service to hire a professional to write their creed in a way that brainwashes team members without them noticing.

Then offer to re-write it better for a simple cash outlay of $5,000.

i don't think anyone noticed except for me, or just didn't care...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
brainwash.gif

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I see nothing wrong with it. Of course, I read the creed from the standpoint of a entrepreneur, not a chained employee. I guess from that context, yea, its a little "sell your soulish".

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
What's wrong with this? It's just employee motivation. Not everyone is meant to be an entrepreneur.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
What's wrong with this? It's just employee motivation. Not everyone is meant to be an entrepreneur.

The reason i feel that it's wrong is because while not everyone is meant to be an entrepreneur, everyone should be motivated to give it a shot.

I remember another thread called something like "millennials are not starting businesses", perhaps it's because we're bombarded with slowlane dogma since childhood and that crap sticks man...

In yet another thread someone mentioned that not being an entrepreneur is "selfish" because instead of working hard to provide value to the world, the average person provides just enough value to survive and go bar hopping on fridays...

We could be missing out on so many great inventions and innovations because this slowlane brainwashing.

I always try to motivate my friends to do something with their lives even if they're probably doomed to be slowlane or worse, because you never know...

Some of them are younger than 20 and are not yet aware of the horrors of cubicle work.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I bookmarked this post. Will use this in the future when I have employees. But knowing me, I'll hire remote workers, so I'll have to confirm that by having them say the creed via Skype. Regardless, thanks for the post.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
You post on nearly every thread.
Increasingly it's "tl:dr".
You're the common denominator.
Hopefully this was short enough for you.
Now I'm sad.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Its a bit convoluted and unnecessary... Some people (most people) are just bad socially.

You could tweak it to come from a positive stand point and it would be much better.

Here at companyX we work hard, because our hard work pays off in the benefit it creates for others.
We develop trust by developing as people, and do not simply see our job as a workload, but an opportunity to grow.
Here we teach Leadership. And leadership is about trust; not only in our own abilities, but also the trust gained by believing in our colleagues who are further along the path.

Quality, Respect, Ownership

This is how we create RESULTS

Add in a small gift with the card, and a thankyou for working with us, and BAM 10x better

Last edited:

dfw1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 3, 2010
Dallas TX
Hmmm... I'm thinking it might be easy to program sheeple in need of a paycheck.

G

Guest14692

I've worked for three Fortune 500 companies thus far... all of them have core values and principles that include "integrity", "service", "urgency".

I can absolutely understand why. However, they use the "urgency" and "service"-like principles to justify and hold employees accountable to overworking and living an extremely stressful life. Again... as a company... that sounds perfect. But if you're going to work your a$$ off and literally suffer at times, it might as well be for yourself.

"My 2 cents is free." - Eminem

HeresMyThing

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Sep 1, 2014
Wow, I thought i had it bad. The amount of time and energy put into those cards scares me.

SOYEnterprises

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 22, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I'm glad we don't go through this type of brainwashing. It be blatant that our jobs are menial but necessary, We make no big promises other than that policy says.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.