The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You're Homeless, Do This

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
No one cares that your homeless, no one cares your starving.
Think it was this line. lol You wrote it! I don't know how you can get the wrong idea about that statement. It's pretty clear. Just saying. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Think it was this line. lol You wrote it! I don't know how you can get the wrong idea about that statement. It's pretty clear. Just saying. :)
I've read many articles, statements, books about this one perticular statement. No one cares.

Theres a much deeper meaning behind that phrase than what is superficially thought of when first reading that.

I think about that statement everyday as it is one thousand percent true in life. No one cares about you, people are inherintly selfish. Everything everyone does is to benefit one self.

Unless your Ghandi.

Excellent article was posted on the forum somewhere, cracked.com I believe 8 harsh truths about life. The world only cares about what it can get from you.

I can definately see how people would misunderstand what I said as "this guy is insulting homeless people who may be mentally ill" and blah blah blah.

Not my fault, nor is it theirs.

I'm just typing away to become a better writer in general actually. ( Theres a lot of money in it :) )

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
No one cares.

This is everywhere like you said, but it is an emotionally charged statement, so in becoming a writer, being one myself, I understand learning how to communicate effectively can be a challenge, but fortunately, you will offend some, and you will make others delighted with what you write. I suppose that's the greatest lesson to learn about becoming a great communicator, is how to use language and get the results you want, versus a bad reaction.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
A few years ago, I was walking home at night and saw a homeless guy up ahead.

His sign read: "F*ck lying. Need money for beer." He seemed sad and dejected.

Next thing I know ... a yuppie walks up to him, opens his wallet, and hands him $20. "You know what ... just because you were honest ... here's a twenty."

At that moment, the homeless man had the most mind-blown face that I had ever seen. He was literally speechless, and just stared at the yuppie in awe.

The yuppie smiled and walked away.

The homeless guy then started laughing with joy and skipped away.

I like to think that that moment changed the homeless guy forever ... that it made him understand that he could have anything he wanted if he just approached the world a tiny bit different. That his life was all uphill from there.

... but then I realize that he probably just skipped away, got shit-hammered, and never remembered the night before. Now he's back to standing on the corner, with his same old "Can You Please Help Me?" sign as @The Grind casually takes away his business.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
The Grind, WE GET IT, we know that people are looking to meet selfish needs and you need to produce value to get yours fulfilled.

The thing about homeless people is that the majority of them KNOW IT TOO, they know how the world works but they can't act upon it because they're suffering and they feel worthless.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Another thing you could probably do as a homeless person is write a sign promising 50% of however amount they give you. For example someone gives you two coins you give one back. In the short term you're losing half of what you could've earned but in the long run you'll get a pretty large sum compared to other fellow homeless ones because people will be more inclined to give you something instead of walking past you because you're value leeching, granted you're still doing it, just less and in a more subtle way.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
I want to say something about value that many are missing.

Value is not an absolute, is subjective and relative.

This is important because some of you are focusing only in the action (having a funny sign) without taking into account that "the presentation" (the man holding that sign) IS PART OF THE OFFER TOO.

In this article you can read about an experiment in which a world class violinist played music on the street, a musician so talented that generates millions in his concerts.

Value is perception and even if the product is valuable, we don't make judgements solely on that, is the whole package what influences our decisions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.