The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are your MUST WATCH entrepreneur or business movies?

lukeymacca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 26, 2014
Warrior, Its got nothing to do with entrepreneurship but gets me so pumped every time I watch it.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I get watching movies, but to watch them more than 3 times? Seems like a waste of time. I will check out a few movies in this thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
A big second on Office Space (the 1999 movie with Jennifer Aniston) It's one of my top 10. Hilarious.

On the serious side, I would suggest 'Cinderella Man' with Russell Crowe. Not exactly about an entrepreneur, but very motivating along the lines of Rocky. Shows how to make it through the worst times with whatever skills you have. Great TRUE story about the life of boxer Jim Braddock.

On a lighter 'feel good' note, there is an older comedy with Meryl Streep and Al Brooks called "Defending Your Life" which is an unknown gem. It's about a guy who dies and goes to the afterlife only to be told he has a problem with fear. He is shown multiple examples of how fear messed up his life on earth, much to his dismay. Realizing he might be sent back to earth to 'try again', he sets out to defend his former life in front of judges who hold his fate. It's a charming story with a great life lesson.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned, "The Great Gatsby" A story about a gentleman who did EVERYTHING in his power in order to have his way (along with a girl). Changed everything about his life. Even ran away from his family! Not to mention, a lesson on how people can drastically change, be supportive, loyal, greedy, and respectful.

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
I personally enjoyed prime Clint Eastwood movies like Dirty Harry and Western Movies.

Eastwood has managed to keep his extremely complicated personal life private and has rarely been featured in the tabloids. He had a long time relationship with frequent co-star Sondra Locke and has eight children by six other women, only two of whom he married. Eastwood divides his time between Carmel and Los Angeles.

Somehow the real Clint Eastwood is Ballerz & Fastlane..

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Another: Indie Game - The Movie. Great tale of perseverance, motivation, overcoming doubt and taking risks. A documentary, but im preferring those recently anyway.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
In what sense? That if you work your a$$ off, you'll end up going crazy and living in a room full of your own piss?

Well, that's an extremely negative way to look at the story of Howard Hughes, one of the most influential and best entrepreneurs of the past hundred years. :)

The Aviator, to me, illustrated the power of obsession and drive in accomplishing herculean, unrealistic and monumental tasks.

It illustrates how there will be hardships and heartaches and that the obsession that pushes us to success can help us achieve our most lofty, unrealistic goals no matter what anyone says.

The movie showed me how important it is for obsessive, competitive over-achievers to surround themselves with winners who believe in their vision, and understand their past and eccentricities.

I guess that's the difference perspective makes.

Last edited:

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
How no one has mentioned "Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room" is beyond me.

^ This movie alone showed me a lot about human nature. Fascinating what they were doing AND getting away with.
I watched this last week on Netflix ridiculous the stuff they got away with?

1. Pursuit of Happiness (guy comes from nothing, works his a$$ off beyond belief for him and his son and some quotes and scenes are truly inspirational)
2. Wall Street (great quotes and "greed is good")
3. Wolf of Wall Street (now I know the practices in the movie is nothing good but it is in some weird/bad way inspiring)

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
The Office

to remind you of what your life gonna be if you give up.
Nothing wrong with my workplace ;)

• Pain & Gain - Shows you how to not do it
  • Mad Men - some marketing inspiration (hint: sex still sells)
  • Rocky - The story behind it: Stallone had a mission and he didn't give up until his screenplay evolved into a movie
  • The Pursuit of Happiness - Close your browser and do what it takes to reach your goal!!!

mike c

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 18, 2015
hi

not a movie but some people take best motivational speeches and put epic music

quick fix :)

on the right you will see more channels - short and long tracks with video

this one has 7 mil views to start

mike

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
Good thread, some recommendations I haven't watched yet. Here's 3 from me that wont disappoint;

Dallas Buyers Club
Rush
Slumdog Millionaire

gallagher99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
Most of the quoted movies here are about gangsters lol.

+1 to who said about Whiplash. My all time favorite movie. I think it has a lot to do with entrepreneur.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Nighcrawler - a heartbreaking story about a gentleman who've started from the bottom, dirt poor he learned skills from the internet and founded his business from the ground up, doing whatever it takes. Okay, maybe a bit sociopathic

Fight Club - an inspirational movie about a group of friends who got tired of their 9-5 jobs and the corporate world so they set out to make a difference. Having come up with service that provides people a new way of being together and doing activities together they build up momentum and change the world.

Watchmen - not really about entrepreneurship, but teaches you a valuable lesson. Your master plan? Better F*cking did it 35 minutes ago. :D

I also got some kicks out of Factotum, but it's a bit artsy and "boring" my normal definition. But it's about a guy (Bukowski) who does whatever it takes to live his dream (which is being a writer). If you want to save yourself some time Bukowski's poem Roll The Dice pretty much sums it up.
Man, I second Nightcrawler. Awesome, overlooked movie. I think it was partially based off a Brazilian reporter who was "making" his stories. Don't want to spoil anything. And he drives my car too, that's a plus :)

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
But let's be honest: No one really needs to watch a movie to be successful.
If the stories are true, we'll get to review our whole life right before death.

Better make sure that last movie is awesome.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
It just occurred to me that ENVY with Jack Black and Ben Stiller is not only funny, but is also very entrepreneurial!

In fact, I think the product that Jack Black makes in the movie meets a lot of the fastlane principles....fills a need, provides value, had scale, etc.

It's a MUST-SEE for any entrepreneur who needs to unwind with some total silliness :)

zr1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
May 25, 2011
One that hasn't been listed and almost certain no one knows about.

The Billionaire (A Thai movie. Major language barrier but action speaks louder than words)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2292955/

Based on a true story too. My fellow entrepreneurs, do not miss this one. :tiphat:

Was very inspired after watching this! My all time favorite business movie now! Thanks for mentioning it.

Operation_OPM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 16, 2008
Hyper Hustle Zone, Quadrant I-4
Surprised "Citizen Kane" has not been mentioned. Classic of all classics.

I'm throwing "IP MAN" in there, part's 1 and 2 with Donnie Yen. Entrepreneurship perserverence through home, local and international issues.

"The Matrix". Free your mind.

"Freddy Got fingered" and "Grandma's Boy"....because they are so bad they are god awfully good.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Nighcrawler - a heartbreaking story about a gentleman who've started from the bottom, dirt poor he learned skills from the internet and founded his business from the ground up, doing whatever it takes. Okay, maybe a bit sociopathic

I was just coming into this thread to post Nightcrawler. Definitely an awesome movie. Your description of it comes off as a heartwarming drama. That movie was absolutely cutthroat. Worth watching 2x for sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.