The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free traffic to landing page

Cool Demon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 10, 2015
Hello Fastlaners,

I am working on my idea. You can view progress thread here and and my LANDING page here.

Before I start investing my time and money full time into the project, I want to validate the idea. So I have my landing page up and running.

I have a AdWords campaign set up to get traffic to the page. But as I am trying to validate the idea, I have no revenue from the traffic. So 'pay per click' just to validate the idea is pinching my budget (on a very tight budget).

What are some ways you directed traffic to your landing page effectively? What convinced you that the idea is worth pursuing (generated 10/50/100 leads)?

Anyways based on my research, I have decided on the following next steps:
1. Post the landing page link in multiple forums
2. Post landing page link in related youtube video comments
3. Start a blog and set up high value content related to my product

PS: Don't have a good feeling for 1 and 2.:spam:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
Only do 1 if you are already contributing on the forum. A new user there just to link to his or her site is not going to go over well most places.

Don't even consider 2, no one is clicking spam links in youtube comments.

3 is going to have the same problems as the landing page. Will you spend countless hours trying to work on SEO or pay for PPC? Regardless of what you choose, why not put that time/money towards getting people to the landing page?

Some ideas:
  • Google and Bing both offer free credits of $50 to $100 for new accounts. Use that to start with PPC. See how it goes and find the best keywords before investing your money in PPC.
  • Join Quora, Yahoo Answers, etc, and answer questions related to your site. Give valuable advice, and don't make your answer a pitch for your site, just briefly mention or cite it.
  • Get on social and build a following. One RT or share from a popular person in your niche could drive hundreds or even thousands to your site for free. This actually happened to a fastlaner.

Conversion rate is much more important than the total number of leads. If you get 10,000 clicks and 50 leads, it is probably time to pivot. If you get 50 leads from 200 clicks, something is working. There is no set number or percentage, you'll need to decide what is acceptable for you to justify the risk of increased investment in the idea.

Last edited:

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Before sending traffic, ask your self this question: Does it flow? What I mean by this is: A person is looking for something on Google, sees your ad, clicks it and arrives at the landing page. Taking all the 3 elements into consideration, is the landing page something you would expect after searching and clicking on the ad? How much do I have to explain to a potential customer?

After looking at your landing page for a few minutes I'm still not entirely sure what it is about, what I get, how it works and so on. The average visitor won't even look at the landing page that long.

Here is an example of a lander after searching for predictive analytics: http://events.pentaho.com/tdwi-predictive-registration-ggl.html

Quick analysis:
d3CaSPT.jpg

How does it compare to your lander? What elements are there that might be useful on your own lander?

Cool Demon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 10, 2015
  • Google and Bing both offer free credits of $50 to $100 for new accounts. Use that to start with PPC. See how it goes and find the best keywords before investing your money in PPC.
^ This

After looking at your landing page for a few minutes I'm still not entirely sure what it is about, what I get, how it works and so on. The average visitor won't even look at the landing page that long.

Here is an example of a lander after searching for predictive analytics: http://events.pentaho.com/tdwi-predictive-registration-ggl.html
^ This

Awesome suggestions. Here is my new plan of action:

1. Keep my current landing page up but stop ad campaigns.
2. Search the keywords of my niche and examine every ads. Research their landing pages and note all the things that my competitors are doing.
3. Update my landing page based on 2 (thanks to @Gsuz)
4. Use multiple accounts to use google/bing ad free credits (thanks to @blackhat). Run multiple campaigns for free/cheap.
5. Rinse and Repeat

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
I was just sugesting you find one voucher for each site and use it for one account. Making multiple accounts to game the system violates the TOS and will most likely get all accounts banned. And because you're telling them your site in order to advertise it, they could possibly ban your site from future advertising or even from organic search results. Not worth the risk IMO.

Cool Demon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 10, 2015
I was just sugesting you find one voucher for each site and use it for one account. Making multiple accounts to game the system violates the TOS and will most likely get all accounts banned. And because you're telling them your site in order to advertise it, they could possibly ban your site from future advertising or even from organic search results. Not worth the risk IMO.
Thanks. Will keep that in mind.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
You talk about free traffic to landing pages, but are running paid ads :)

Content is the key!
Try to have unique content, visual ones help attract. Once you have this, look around on how to spread the word. Follow a couple of your immediate competitors to check what they are upto. Try not to imitate but creating your own strategy from the lesson learnt.

Content marketing forms:

• Articles
• Blog posts
• Case studies
• Cheat sheets
• Checklists
• Ebooks
• Email
• Infographics
• Kits
• Large definitive guides
• Podcasts
• Reference guides
• Slideshares
• Surveys
• Templates
• Videos
• Visual content
• Webinars
• Whitepapers
• Workbooks

I'd suggest you to first optimize your landing page adhering to the latest search engine updates. What ever you try online ultimately leads to your website and SEO helps you. Then concentrate on different channels to drive traffic organically by proactively reaching out to your target audience. You necessarily do not have to spend money to get visitors.

Try these:

Paid Online (PPC+Email)
Webinar
Nurture Email
Tradeshow
Nurture Email -CTA
Micro-Event
Roadshow
Sales Outbound
Blog
Nurture
Content Syndication
Virtual Trade Show

People>Cash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jun 4, 2014
I would look into web design for mobile devices for your landing page.

When I looked at the website the lack of good design made me skeptical of the product you are offering.

Good design + good content = customer trust

D

Deleted20833

Hello Fastlaners,

What are some ways you directed traffic to your landing page effectively? What convinced you that the idea is worth pursuing (generated 10/50/100 leads)?

PS: Don't have a good feeling for 1 and 2.:spam:

It's only spam if someone doesn't find it valuable...so spam to someone might be a god send to someone else

What I learned after getting about 1.5 million views on a YouTube channel is...

Videos are easier to get views from than written material

So I'm making educational videos on YouTube to get traffic and
it's only been 2 days and I'm already getting views with no promotion
from my part...just SEO type titles

Forum marketing is pretty good...if you actually provide value in your
responses...the only thing is that it's going to take a lot of posts to get
notice and gain trust of the people who use it

Anything that is Paid...Facebook...YouTube PPV...Adwords

Btw...on your landing page it took me awhile to figure out where
to click on to opt in...it only takes a half a sec for a viewer to get
annoyed and click away

- What convinces me is the time/Money spent to views ratio

If I'm putting hours of time for a couple views..then I trash it
If I'm putting in a hundred dollars for a couple of views..then I trash it

(this is assuming you have a good copy on your ads/landing page)

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Dude I see you're using LeadPages, and that's great...
But gotta put in some effort bud
Change the background atleast :) Lol

And remember the golden rule..

Facts Tell, Emotions Sell

Sell the BENEFITS, not the FEATURES!

Tell them what they will GET, what pain they will solve, what pleasure they'll get!

Not HOW your tool does it.

What emotional feeling is your target market looking for?
Freedom? Significance? Relaxation? Love?

What emotional feeling is your target market looking to avoid?
Boredom? Insecurity? Uncertainty? Financial Pressure?

Secondly...

you have to judge how AWARE are your costumers of this need?

Most Aware -> Product Aware -> Solution Aware -> Problem Aware -> Unaware.

E.g for Apple, most consumers are Most Aware, they know everything about the product, and just need to know the price.
Product Aware people, know you know, know the product, even know the competitors, but still on the fence.
Solution Aware people, they know what the problem is, and know what the solution is, just don't know that your product can provide that solution.
Problem Aware people, know that they have a problem, but don't know if a solution exists, or how to solve it.
Unaware people, don't know that they have a problem, let alone a solution. You have to convince them and uncover their problem.

Just using those two factors, EMOTIONS and leveraging their Awareness Level,
Your conversions will skyrocket :)

Split test yourself and see the magic work :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.