The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Modafinil (Modalert)

Anything related to matters of the mind

James Beattie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 14, 2015
Today for the first time I took modalert. [link removed]

Does anyone on here regularly take it?

I'm not sure if it really did anything for me today or not. At 8am I took around 50mg and waited 2 hours or so and didn't feel anything so about half 10 I took another 50mg. I know 50 is quite a low dose but I heard its best to start with this. I'm not really sure if I had a placebo effect or wether it actually worked but it didnt seem to make much of a difference.

I'm thinking of taking 100mg with a coffee at 7am in the morning and if it hasn't kicked in by 9am I may take another 50mg.

Does it just not work for some people?
Has anyone had the modalert from this website and is it genuine?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
What are you expecting in terms of effects? It certainly isn't Adderall or anything like that. I take it from time to time, 50mg @5:30 am and then another 50mg @12:30 am.

Modalert comes in 200mg, so you could as well just pop 200mg at once to see if it has any effects on you and then try lower doses. I wouldn't take it with coffeine as that might make it harder to really distinguish what substance is doing the work.

50mg is plenty for me, so I don't go any higher than that. There is a certain percentage of non-responders, too. Should be legit, not worth it to fake Moda.

James Beattie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 14, 2015
I just want to be able to focus without being easily distracted but how do you know when it kicks in? I might just try the 200 in the morning

gallagher99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
I'd stop doing this ASAP if I were you.

Around 4 years ago I was really trying to find some Ritalin, I managed to get 1 box, than like a miracle I found a girl who had like 10 box and gave to me.
Was a wonderful time, the process was like:
Drop 1 pill --> play 4 hours of guitar non-stop.
Don't wanna sleep and stay playing or studying for hours --> Drop 1 pill
Want to wake up early --> Drop 1 pill
Want to do something that takes courage --> Drop 1 pill

The problem was that 1 pill wasn't making the same effect and I started dropping 2 pills, sometimes 3 pills when I really "wanted to have to most productive day ever"
I mean, it could still be making the same effect, but now I think that it was like an excuse... if I wasn't studying or producing what I was expecting and I thought the solution would be increasing the dosage.

After sometime I realized that it was an escape... or an excuse... I was laying on my bed watching a movie or whatever and I knew I had to study, or work or whatever and my only thought was: "well, I don't have Ritalin, can't really study." or when I tried to study I stopped really fast because "I had no Ritalin".

I realize now. The best way to focus and do things better is to have a solid discipline and routine. Go to the gym, work on your mindset, practice some sports, have a goal.

Unless you really need the meds.
Stop making excuses, just do it.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Don't use f*cking medicine, it is all garbage. I never use medicine only vitamine-d.
Except from vitamine-d i haven't taken medicine for like 4 years.
Let your body solve it himself. Just eat good and train 3x a week, and create some discipline/habits.

You don't need that shit.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
I just want to be able to focus without being easily distracted
Then it would be best to eliminate distractions in the first place.
Close the door/window, clean workspace, etc....turn the music, your ego and emotions off.
Become a robot, a working machine, a terminator programmed to accomplish.
Imagine that the life of your family depends on you completing the task.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Modafinil is not the same as Adderal or Ritalin. To compare it as such chemically is misguided.

Amphetamine - Ritalin, Adderal
Histaminergic - Modafinil

gallagher99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
Modafinil is not the same as Adderal or Ritalin. To compare it as such chemically is misguided.

Amphetamine - Ritalin, Adderal
Histaminergic - Modafinil

I wasn't comparing substances.
I was comparing the results wanted, the objectives while using those stuffs.

James Beattie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 14, 2015
I read a couple articles about this. People report intense focus and it is being compared to the drug from the movie Limitless, obviously to a lesser degree. It was an interesting read, and it is a pill that you can get on the internet.

https://boldanddetermined.com/the-real-life-nzt-48-from-limitless/

https://boldanddetermined.com/become-mighty-with-modafinil/

Bold and determine is where I first read about it, it's not giving me the desired effect, I'm not going to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I've taken it - and it just makes me stay up. No other effects.

I wouldn't expect anything amazing out of it other than being alert / awake. As someone else said, it's not adderal.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I love @benhebert's products and recommend them any time I can. Try their CILTEP and Smart Caffeine. They also have a new product 'Dopimine' that I'm looking forward to trying. It's supposed to be a brian food and responsible for motivation, focus, assertiveness, alertness, memory and creativity. www.naturalstacks.com

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
Thanks for the recommendation @AllenCrawley!

Modafinil is a powerful anti-narcoleptic drug. With any drug, you're giving something up to receive the benefit.

Tim Ferriss' comment on the topic is best... "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

It works for some people, doesn't work for others.

The question to ask though...

Why are you taking modafinil in the first place?

It's not going to make you more creative and it's not going to be the reason that you breakthrough.

All of that has to come from within.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
It's not going to make you more creative and it's not going to be the reason that you breakthrough.

All of that has to come from within.
^^^^Yes, this!
I smoked alot of weed in highschool, mainly for creativity. My grades became worse, but I painted some trippy pictures.
Then I stumbled upon Hemingway's quote "Write drunk, edit sober". My writing didn't get better, but I almost became an alcoholic:facepalm:
My roommate, already a caffeine junkie, experimented with amphetamines in powder form and adderall.
He hoped to become uberproductive, but instead he became the worlds most shameless masturbator.

Nitrous injection and turbocharging our car won't help us reach our destinations faster when we steer in the wrong direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.