The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I Make a FB Video Ad or Pagelike

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
Yo. Got a question for you guys.

I'm starting a new youtube channel and I want to make a fb ad to promote it. I have a fb page specifically for the youtube channel but I want to know if I should have the Ad be a video on the news feed that clicks to my channel, or have it click to the Facebook page to like it - (the newest post on my wall will be the video).

Do you think if I link it to the FB page I will get the like and the video view?

Or should I just link it straight to the yt channel.

Anyone have experience and results with a FB video ad?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
If the idea is to grow your youtube channel then look into promoting your youtube channel with adwords.

If your video is viral - post the youtube link to of the video on your fan page, come up with a catchy title/description and buy some news feed clicks... and see if it catches fire (newsfeed/post engagements).

Don't waste your time with likes to your fan page.

Also there are ways to rank a video in Google and Youtube if you know and understand how their algorithm works... I believe its something to do with "high retention views" ... "lots of positive likes to the video" ... "comments to the video".... "keyword in the title and a keyword reach description at least 400 words long".... and "SEO links from good sites pointing to the video".

You might want to look into that and see what the top 3 video channels in your niche are doing, and reserve engineer them.

Good luck

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
If the idea is to grow your youtube channel then look into promoting your youtube channel with adwords.

If your video is viral - post the youtube link to of the video on your fan page, come up with a catchy title/description and buy some news feed clicks... and see if it catches fire (newsfeed/post engagements).

Don't waste your time with likes to your fan page.

Also there are ways to rank a video in Google and Youtube if you know and understand how their algorithm works... I believe its something to do with "high retention views" ... "lots of positive likes to the video" ... "comments to the video".... "keyword in the title and a keyword reach description at least 400 words long".... and "SEO links from good sites pointing to the video".

You might want to look into that and see what the top 3 video channels in your niche are doing, and reserve engineer them.

Good luck

thanks man.

u think adwords will be more effective than a targeted fb news feed vid?

any particular reason?

Cynthia Nataline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 17, 2015
Indonesia
It depends on who you want to target. If your target market is on Fb a lot, then it's fine to use Fb. But you don't need to run lots of Like Ads. Run Like Ads just to be seen trustworthy/interesting enough. In my experience, a few hundred is good already.

Then, test multiple types of ads. But if I were you, after I have a few hundred likes on my Fb page, I'd start testing with Page Post Engagement. So, post your best video to your page, use that post as your ad. Remember to encourage people to like and share the post.

Here are some suggestions from me:
1. Consider using a "buzz-worthy" video. Something worth sharing or can potentially be viral among your target market.
2. Always answer to comments ASAP and remember to tag the name of the commenter.
3. Put your YouTube link in each comment. So, you answer the comment, then continue with an invitation to check out your channel for more videos like that. It's fine to keep telling that because people usually just read the comment directed to them.

I don't really recommend using Video Ads because people will watch that video on Fb. Because of this, going to your YouTube channel needs more extra steps.

Just in case you want even more effective campaign strategy for your YouTube videos, instead of running ads to go to your YouTube channel, run the ads to go to your vlog. It's easy to create a vlog and think about this. If people watch the video in your vlog (you can set it up similar to YouTube's interface), all of the related videos, recommended videos, most popular videos, will be yours.

Get higher retention, get more videos being watched, maximum value per visitor without being "stolen" by your competitors. Use YouTube as a source of traffic, not your HQ. Hope it helps. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
thanks man.

u think adwords will be more effective than a targeted fb news feed vid?

any particular reason?

If your main purpose is to grow your youtube channel subscribers then YES.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.