The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone is Australia?

Mikhael

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 21, 2015
Gold Coast, AU
Hello friends! My name is Mikhael and I have been in a read-only mode for a while. Now decided to step up with an offer. So there are few people here from Gold Coast (People from Brisbane or anywhere else are welcome too).

So let's meet up! I browsed local meet ups and most of them are "Buy-Our-Seminar kind of meet ups". The only one I found more or less interesting is THIS one, so I gonna check it out as well.

Meanwhile I suggest we meet at Surfers Paradise, this Tuesday, May 26, 2015,
@ Zarraffa's Coffee (Near Westpac & Cavill Ave)
1/3168 Gold Coast Highway
Surfers Paradise
Time: 16:00.

I am open for any suggestions in regards to changing the place or time. This could be Southport or Broadbeach Libraries, or any other cafe on the Coast. I honestly don't think that Surf Clubs, bars, etc are good for meetups. They are too loud and atmosphere there is unhealthy. I'll think twice though before going to Brisbane.

Agenda:
1) Get to know each other.
2) Exchange, develop ideas and actionable goals for the next week.

So that's gonna be process-oriented material for the next meetup which we will be doing every week.

ABOUT ME(copy from my profile, not sure if it's open):
---------
Spent last 5 years playing Online poker (for living) and traveling the world. Were always doing some sort of business whenever I stop for more than 1 months at some place. Real estate, advertising, tour guide, Sys Admin, web programmer, etc. Mostly for fun and experience.
Tried several start-ups online, and almost all of them made some money, but not nearly enough for retirement.
Finally settled down in the best place on earth for living (for me it's Surfers Paradise, AU) and have strong determination to make my current start-up hot and juicy.
Most Ideas in the Fastlane book were a pleasant confirmation of my own. So now I am even more sure of my success. Even if not this particular project, I know I'll just take another road, but to the same destination!
----------
Cheers!

calling on:
@Jimbo @PHD @JackWood @wadza @MikeAU @Goobii @Wal903 @buckmajor @thinkingbig @Schooby @earlymornings @kenlee_au @Ubjob

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PHD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Sep 5, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
Hi @Mikhael, Nice work on trying to get a local meet up going. Unfortunately I have a slowlane job keeping me from attending this particular one but would definitely like to get involved in something similar sometime.

Adam Cerantivu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 10, 2015
Sydney NSW Australia
Meanwhile I suggest we meet at Surfers Paradise this Tuesday, May 26, 2015
@ Zarraffa's Coffee (Near Westpac & Cavill Ave)
1/3168 Gold Coast Highway
Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Time: 16:00 (4:00pm)

The coffees/hot-chocolates/milk-shakes (and snacks like chessecake slices) from the coffee shop are on you @Mikhael ..? :D ..If I was on the Goldie like I was in the early 2000's would have made sure my re-feed/cheat-day to load-up on the calories is exactly on that day of the week/fortnight and make full use of the offer :D

Unfortunately I have a slowlane job keeping me from attending this particular one but would definitely like to get involved in something similar sometime

Maybe with all across Australia when setting a meet-up time/date - perhaps best to take it as though some are doing a 8:30am-5:30pm job Monday to Friday and take that into account and also allow some time for them to drive-down or catch-a-bus/tram/train after work to the venue everyone is meeting up at. And also another factor to take into account maybe those with family, there maybe certain times on the weekend they can't come if they have to take their kids to classes/tuition/sports-events type thing

Last edited:

Mikhael

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 21, 2015
Gold Coast, AU
Hi @Mikhael, Nice work on trying to get a local meet up going. Unfortunately I have a slowlane job keeping me from attending this particular one but would definitely like to get involved in something similar sometime.
Hey @PHD ,
My current income source doesn't dictate specific time or date to be busy. And I recently finalized my relationships after re-consideration of what I think this "Partnership" really means for me. Which gives me pretty much 8 active hours daily to work on my start-up, so we can easily make a shift in scheduling these meetings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couttsy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 3, 2014
Hey @PHD ,
My current income source doesn't dictate specific time or date to be busy. And I recently finalized my relationships after re-consideration of what I think this "Partnership" really means for me. Which gives me pretty much 8 active hours daily to work on my start-up, so we can easily make a shift in scheduling these meetings.

Hi Mikhael,
I also live in Surfers Paradise and would love to attend.

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
Hey @Mikhael ,

can't get to a meetup this week unfortunately. Weekdays aren't great trying to get there from Brissy with the traffic at that time. I'd be down for future meets just need a bit more notice so I can organize around it. Props on taking the initiative and getting something started though!

Mikhael

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 21, 2015
Gold Coast, AU
@Couttsy Awesome! so far it's just you and me up for this meeting and it's perfectly fine. I suggest we all read This and utilize/improvise on this technique. Let me know if you reckon some another time is more suitable(13:00-18:00).

@MikeAU Understandable =) . It surely make sense for people who work on 8-5 schedule.
For me Saturday or Sunday afternoon, 13:00 - 16:00 is just as fine. Will it work for you? If so, I will question people who attend tomorrow, if they are happy with that timing. So we can set up next meeting on the weekend coming.

alclassico

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 21, 2014
Not sure which Australian meet up thread to post in so just like the mexican girl in those commercials, "Why not both?" lol

Anyone here up for a meet up in Sydney, soon?
Hey there I just got back on to this forum and I would be interested in a meet up in Sydney!

I would like to meet up with some people who have complimentary skills to me...

I can meet up most evenings and weekends I will make time as well.

Cheers

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
@Mikhael
Weekends at any time are fine mate just let me know what is decided at the meet tomorrow. I can also do weekdays if that's the best for most people, as I said just a bit of notice and all good.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Cerantivu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 10, 2015
Sydney NSW Australia

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
I know people think Perth is isolated but I'd argue that Hobart is far more isolated I can see why people leave, and yet other times people tell me its an Oasis? but I can't see it. And no I don't have 2 heads

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.