The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Find A Co-Founder, Fast?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I have a start up that gained solid traction, featured in major publications, and approached by multiple investors (angels and VCs).

Thing is, I made a crucial mistake by partnering up with a friend instead of a business partner. Let's just say that he has sub-par work ethic, extremely low business IQ, and just is a plain pain in the a$$.

Under the circumstance that my business partner takes a crazy low equity stake to make room for a rockstar co-founder.. how can I find this co-founder?

Any websites, online methods, etc? It's not really good timing for me to "build my network long term" as I need a co-founder right now. Luckily, it's an easy sell to get someone to hop onboard given the traction so far of the start up.

Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Smith11B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
Nov 7, 2013
There's a website called founder2be.com, I used it when I was looking, there are some pretty qualified people on the site but I didn't have much luck. Mostly because what I brought to the table wasn't as valuable as what I'd be getting in partnering with them. (Gotta add value.) You can give that a shot though because it sounds like you have something going already.

Do you absolutely need a co founder though? I wanted one because I wasn't an expert at what I was trying to accomplish. I realized what I was really asking for was someones valuable time for an unproven project. In the end I hired someone. Still working at this project, we'll see how it goes. Good luck!

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Unfortunately I think most of the "Rockstar" Co-Founders are caught up in ventures of their own! You'll definately just have to get out there and talk to lots of people until you find what your looking for! Do you want a local co-founder or somebody halfway across the world? What would be the first question I would ask myself.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Talk to local angels/VCs. They have network of qualified people, sometimes serial entrepreneurs that are in between gigs after a recent exit.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Co founder lab. If you really think it's that easy, just hit up their website and 'enough said.

Payden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 4, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Volume.

Get out there and talk to a lot of people. Even if none of them are a fit, maybe they know someone.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Exhaust all Avenues where you don't mind sticking your neck out to.
CL,FB Pages, Websites, Incubator programs, look at moving to countries with startup programs/incubators,YouTube,Meetup.com,Twitter.
Join a startup forum in your field.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Angel investors, Venture capitalists, startup incubators, anf founder2be are the best ones we ave known. These help us in the overall improvement of the company right from a scratch.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.