The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting First eCommerce Biz

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Austin_S28

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2014
Hello all,

This is a progress thread for my first ecommerce business.

They say necessity leads to creativity and success and I need to succeed.

1, I need to succeed for several reasons. 1 I'm self employed currently, I need to pay the bills.

2, I'm an innovator. I love creating things, managing, marketing, I have ideas about new things everyday. It's time to execute

3, my girlfriend is moving cross country and I want to marry her. I have a business right now that is doing fairly well and growing slowly. However, I need more income stability, better work hours and the ability to relocate for her job for the rest of my life. I can't do that with my current business.

I have a personal training business in Manhattan, http://www.trainwitha.com

I've made more connections than imaginable with this.

I train the owners of a hedge fund, C level execs, and a ton of lawyers, brokers etc. and I know their friends. I have a great network which I'm forever thankful for.

Building my business I learned skills that I didn't know would have future application.

I know how to build an intermediate website from scratch.

I'm proficient in Google adwords.

I'm tech savvy.

I also have a trusted graphic designer, web designer and the ability to generate capital if needed.

I'm going to try and get this business off the going within a week.

Website will be done. I already have a catchy domain name that is perfect for what I'm going to sell.

Obstacle is to do this relatively with little monetary investment at the start.

I need to find a trustworthy wholesaler and drop shipper.

That said love is a strong motivator. I'm 24 and my gf is 26. She has a job that pays 160 a year. I want to be the provider and she's looking for stability. I need to do this. I'm thankful everyday for the things that push me into things. It's funny to see how successful things can be built almost on accident because you developed a need to achieve.

So step one is to get the site up in a week.

I have a large audience at first of people and professionals that would use my products.

Next would be to push the pay per click Adwords marketing.

Wish me luck :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
God damn it, this is what happens when you forget the password to an account. Somehow logged onto this, but knew I had a more current account.

Some updates - Website is built on shopify
Logo and branding - The guy I use for my projects is getting stuff to me this week.

I am not doing my original idea with drop shipping. The product was shit.

I think I found a niche that is barely broken into, everyone is a potential customer, and has low start-up costs. I also have some things in place that would help if I saw rapid growth out of left field.

I put together a business plan and went over all costs etc.

This is going to cost me >$2500 to start. I think I can have it ready by the end of the week. Then I need to buy my product through the wholesaler I found. I might borrow some money from a relative.

My shopify can be launched, I just need to do some tests first.

PPC is gunna be big with this.

I also think a lot of my friends will use the service and be very interested to the point of telling people about it. I think it's that cool.

Was tossing around the idea with my buddy of even making some business sized cards and respectively handing them out to our current customers at our current jobs, I own my business now, and he's the gm at a store in Manhattan.

Anyways, I'm exhausted, i've been on the computer 16 hours in a row several days straight barely sleeping because my brain is spinning.

I also think I stressed my girlfriend out who is already stressed to the max because I am someone that always has great ideas and goes into things quickly full speed ahead, and a few times I had to stop projects because they weren't working.

Also because she has subtly expressed that she is afraid I'll be changing my life's goals and resent her. I explained to her, what is life without goals, and she was one of them. I also explained how this has always been a dream of mine...Working from the laptop, being able to be mobile with my business.

I love entrepreneurship so much. I am overly optimistic, that is my personality. I love a challenge. I've never been stopped by failure. It is totally my calling for how I think, but that said sometimes I think I'd make a great team with someone who thought the opposite of me to balance things out and get perspective. She is that.

But hey, I need to do this. I need to be able to move across the ocuntry and have a job and I don't want to work for someone.

I'm a college dropout so that makes life a bit harder, although I have some people in my network that would gladly or at least consider thoroughly consider employeeing me at their firms.

Best thing about personal training, the business I currently run, is that I have trained some serious big hitters in the financial world, hedge fund owners and c level execs.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.